IC: Group Buy Monofied Sijosae Buffer PCBs
Nov 21, 2008 at 8:17 PM Post #47 of 102
So we have a few votes for those that want Imagineering and a couple of people commenting on the final price.

For those that haven't stated so far, who do you want to make the boards or do you care?

Nov 21, 2008 at 8:24 PM Post #48 of 102
I don't mind going high quality. I don't mind paying more for better quality.
icon10.gif

Nov 21, 2008 at 9:42 PM Post #49 of 102
I checked out imagineering Inc's website to see an example of thier quality and noticed this half off first time buyer offer:

"1/2 OFF
Buy boards at already low prices and get equal quantity at HALF the price.

You can schedule your second shipment up to 90 days.
Half Off offer is valid for prototypes and production order not exceeding $1000"

And a link to the page I found it on.

Nov 21, 2008 at 9:51 PM Post #50 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by cobaltmute /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So we have a few votes for those that want Imagineering and a couple of people commenting on the final price.

For those that haven't stated so far, who do you want to make the boards or do you care?

Since it makes absolutely no difference to anything, I'd rather go with the cheaper boards myself. But if the difference is negligible, I don't really care.

Nov 22, 2008 at 3:17 PM Post #51 of 102
Personally, I'd rather have a higher quality board and pay a little bit more for it.

Nov 22, 2008 at 4:35 PM Post #52 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by digger945 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I checked out imagineering Inc's website to see an example of thier quality and noticed this half off first time buyer offer:

"1/2 OFF
Buy boards at already low prices and get equal quantity at HALF the price.

You can schedule your second shipment up to 90 days.
Half Off offer is valid for prototypes and production order not exceeding $1000"

And a link to the page I found it on.

They all seem to be willing to cut a deal. I'll find out what the various option are because under there various posted deals, I do think we can get it cheaper than the direct quote I got from them

Nov 22, 2008 at 6:41 PM Post #53 of 102
That was just a suggestion cobalt,
I think it is for "new customers only".
Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.
I will still take 20, no matter who we choose
icon10.gif

Nov 22, 2008 at 8:08 PM Post #54 of 102
I've never ordered from Imagineering so I'm a new customer to them.
biggrin.gif

I've got a full panel order for a different board from Gold Phoenix that should be showing up on Monday. It'll be nice to see this as I've only seen the small boards I had made before.

Nov 26, 2008 at 12:58 PM Post #57 of 102
For those that want to see a picture of a board ordered direct from Gold Phoenix, there is one of mine in this thread.

Overall quality appears to be good. The only thing I noticed is that there is some small pin-holes in the mask in places one the board. This is obvious as there is ground planes on both sides and the HASL on the blue mask shows up pretty well.
wink.gif

As a note the blue was an option on the panels.

Dec 2, 2008 at 6:00 PM Post #58 of 102
Okay, so the pricing I've got is this:

Imagineering: $250US with the discount being $100 tooling is waived as I am a new customer.

Gold Phoenix: $149US

The only issue I'm seeing right now is that I'm in Canada which is nice. Gold Phoenix will quote me in CDN ($188). On my first shipment, they marked the customs value very low and I haven't seen any customs bill as of yet.

For ordering from Imagineering, I would have to pay exchange + credit card exchange fee plus possibly duty + brokerage. I wouldn't know about these for some weeks after the boards were shipped. Then on the shipment back into the US (which is for almost everyone), they would need to deal with same costs again.

Given that there seems to be a desire to get the boards from Imagineering, is there someone in the US that wants to do the order and the distributing? This would seem to be the best way to get the boards out for the cheapest cost when ordering from Imagineering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back