IC: Group Buy Monofied Sijosae Buffer PCBs
Nov 14, 2008 at 12:40 PM Post #31 of 102
Once common note that I've seen so far is that everyone is price concious. So unless anyone one on the list so far makes strenuous complaints, I think we should go with GoldPhoenix. At the moment, if I do the order that makes the cost per board at ~$1/CDN.

I'm also revising the pricing formula. I'm not trying to gain here, but need to ensure that all hard costs are covered. The new formula is:
((Total Cost of production / # of total boards) x number of boards requested) + packaging + stamps + Paypal fee

My feeling about this is that if we get 150 out of the 200 committed, we order. The other 50 can be held for those that are late to the party.

I checked Staples online and bubble mailers can be had for about $0.50. I'm going to try and check at the post office today to find out mail rates to the US.

Nov 14, 2008 at 12:55 PM Post #32 of 102
Make sure you make it easy on yourself for import documentation to the US. You'll need to include a declaration with the sender and recipient addresses, an itemized list of contents, their total value and country of manufacture. I think you could probably add a note to the paypal invoice and attach with a 'packing list enclosed' sticker or something. The post office will give you stickers you can fill out by hand for this, but it gets to be a pain really quickly if you're doing more than a couple orders. Should cost ~$5-7 for a bubble mailer to the US by surface mail - so likely more than the boards!

Nov 14, 2008 at 1:21 PM Post #33 of 102
Increase me to 12; but, I'm only willing to participate if shipped to me from US. In the last year I've had 3 bad experiences with shipments from Canada... I wonder if USPS thinks we're at war with our Northern neighbors
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 14, 2008 at 1:37 PM Post #35 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by sandbasser /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Increase me to 12; but, I'm only willing to participate if shipped to me from US. In the last year I've had 3 bad experiences with shipments from Canada... I wonder if USPS thinks we're at war with our Northern neighbors
smily_headphones1.gif

Right now, the majority of people in are from the US so we need to look at how we are going to do this. It seems like it might be better if the boards went to the US and then were distributed from there.

Nov 14, 2008 at 5:47 PM Post #36 of 102
Bubble mailers? For a couple PCBs less than an inch on a side? If everyone's being price-conscious, which seems to be the case, why not put 'em in little $0.03 ziploc baggies, tape the baggies to the PayPal invoice, and ship 'em in a regular business envelope? Looking at the Canada Post website, you should be able to fit quite a few boards into an envelope and still have it come in under 100g, which will run about $2 CAD to the U.S.

Given the exchange rate these days, I think you'd probably come out ahead with flat-rate $3 USD shipping, even after PayPal fees, et cetera.

Nov 14, 2008 at 5:51 PM Post #37 of 102
This is probably a dumb question...

If so, please excuse a noob.

The BUF634 which this board will 'replace' has 8 pins which plug into a socket on the board (like a Pimeta). How will this board mount to the socket??? extend some of the component leads and bend to fit ??? Again, sorry for the dumb question.

Thanks,

Nov 14, 2008 at 6:14 PM Post #38 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by sandbasser /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is probably a dumb question...

If so, please excuse a noob.

The BUF634 which this board will 'replace' has 8 pins which plug into a socket on the board (like a Pimeta). How will this board mount to the socket??? extend some of the component leads and bend to fit ??? Again, sorry for the dumb question.

Thanks,

There are only 4 pins required: V+ (7), V- (4), In (3) and Out (6). And yes, component leads are extended, or if you have SIP pins, you can use those.

Nov 14, 2008 at 10:17 PM Post #41 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by digger945 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If it's not too late, I will definitely take 20.
Thanks
biggrin.gif

Nope, we're still good. I think we'll consider the end of this stage next Friday (gives a week for people to get in)

Nov 21, 2008 at 2:19 AM Post #43 of 102
I just saw this thread. I'm interested in 6 or maybe even 12.

{edit - Does Imagineering actually manufacture in the USA? If so, I'd pay more for their boards, quality of the Dynalo boards was great}

Nov 21, 2008 at 2:48 AM Post #44 of 102
Nice, I remember thinking a while back it would be cool if someone did this. Please put me down for 4.

PS I know I'm a low quantity but FWIW I would prefer to pay extra for the higher-q boards.

Nov 21, 2008 at 2:50 AM Post #45 of 102
Quote:

PS I know I'm a low quantity but FWIW I would prefer to pay extra for the higher-q boards.

Me too. After all, we go overboard on everything else. Do we really need to draw the line here?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back