IC: Austin City Limits Festival 2008 Mini Meet
Jun 21, 2008 at 8:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

texashorn91

100+ Head-Fier
Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in having a small meet sometime during ACL weekend this year. I would love to get together and listen to some new gear, new music, and talk about the festival. If you are interested, please say so. This would take place September 26 - 28, 2008. Thanks!

Jun 23, 2008 at 7:40 PM Post #4 of 25
Possibly - hopefully UT won't be in town that weekend also... besides, that is the only way I'll ever get Marc moving on the Blue Hawaii.

We'll be looking at a Dallas meet in July or August, with more goodies.

Jun 23, 2008 at 9:50 PM Post #5 of 25
If you were referring to a UT football game, the answer is no, there will not be a game. I can't miss a game either
biggrin.gif

Jul 2, 2008 at 10:18 PM Post #6 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by pabbi1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Possibly - hopefully UT won't be in town that weekend also... besides, that is the only way I'll ever get Marc moving on the Blue Hawaii.

We'll be looking at a Dallas meet in July or August, with more goodies.

I'd be up for it. I live about 3 houses away from a public library where we could host the meet. I live in Wells Branch which is up the highway a bit though.

Jul 11, 2008 at 3:11 PM Post #7 of 25
ACL Mini-meet would certainly be interesting. Sounds fair since we've asked everyone to head towards Dallas recently.

Jul 13, 2008 at 1:03 AM Post #8 of 25
I'll try to make it.

vforrest

Jul 30, 2008 at 2:57 AM Post #11 of 25
I live in Houston.

My younger sister lives in Austin.

That said, and having a place to crash ...

I would love to attend a mini meet in Austin if such actually happens.

[size=small]I can bring the following:[/size]

Headphones:

Grado RS1's

Sources:

Paradisea+ Tube DAC (with three different tubes and four different OPAMPS)

Amps:

Stello HP100 Headphone amp

Interconnects:

Audio Arts IC-3 (silver/copper) RCA interconnect
Zu "OxyFuel" (pure copper) RCA interconnet
CryoTweaks Pure Silver 75ohm Digital Coax
Zu "FireMine" 75ohm Digital Coax

Power Cords

Zu "Birth" Power cord
Iron Lung "Jellyfish" Power cord

Please let me know via PM or otherwise if this meet is going to go down.

Since I live in Houston and since gas prices are so gay/insane ... I'd appreciate having a couple weeks to plan for the event.

Definitely interested and willing to attend though!

Best.

k701smile.gif

Aug 5, 2008 at 1:01 PM Post #13 of 25
I am too. I think we should really start to make plans. Are there any other suggestions besides libraries to meet at? I believe Sound Mind Audio has hosted a meet in the past, and I know Brian (the owner) is a great guy, he would probably like to do it. I can call him and a few local libraries to see what kind of options we have.

If you don't mind, I think we should also get a running list of equipment that can be at the meet. This will also get more people interested. List what you think you can bring and I will put everything in my first post. Thanks guys!

Any suggestions or ideas please let me know. I would love to see everyone that weekend.

Craig

Aug 6, 2008 at 12:38 AM Post #14 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by texashorn91 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am too. I think we should really start to make plans. Are there any other suggestions besides libraries to meet at? I believe Sound Mind Audio has hosted a meet in the past, and I know Brian (the owner) is a great guy, he would probably like to do it. I can call him and a few local libraries to see what kind of options we have.

If you don't mind, I think we should also get a running list of equipment that can be at the meet. This will also get more people interested. List what you think you can bring and I will put everything in my first post. Thanks guys!

Any suggestions or ideas please let me know. I would love to see everyone that weekend.

Craig

Sounds good

I only have the 580's still.

Aug 6, 2008 at 2:16 AM Post #15 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kasp3r /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I only have the 580's still.

Same here
wink_face.gif

I can't really contribute much unless someone wants to listen to my old school Marantz stuff, or my turntable. I also have a switch box that is pretty good and a Monster power conditioner. Those could come in handy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back