IC: (Another) GTA/Toronto Meet?
Oct 26, 2006 at 12:53 AM Post #181 of 301
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox
Quote:

Originally Posted by RedLeader
Jay, I could probably give you a lift home if you need it.

w00t!

Are you staying late? Depending on how late it is, you can always stay over at my place that night and leave in the morning/afternoon of the next day. [Mini Meet
tongue.gif
]

Do not feign ignorance!
wink.gif

Oct 26, 2006 at 12:55 AM Post #182 of 301
Woah... I'm loosing it.

It's been a long week. That's my only defense.

...like I said, soul of a 70 year old.
biggrin.gif

Oct 26, 2006 at 1:25 AM Post #183 of 301
yea, I have no idea how long I'll be staying, but it'll be longer than 5pm! I can take both you guys back. Also, good to meet/hear what your name is Sean!

Oct 26, 2006 at 5:27 AM Post #184 of 301
Quote:

Originally Posted by RedLeader
I should be bringing a pair of those weird PK1 Earbuds. I contacted the manufacturer and he agreed to send a sample for the meet. Info here and here

Awesome! I was going to contact them after reading a post on them - and then seeing the deal they have, too. Certainly a beautiful little box. Did you get the 130 ohm version?
evil_smiley.gif

Oct 26, 2006 at 6:32 AM Post #185 of 301
Would I be welcome if I just want to come and chill with some of the guys? I want to see Yorgi as I've become interested in photography and we spoke before I even got a camera about all this stuff, and I'de like to see a few guys I haven't seen in a while. I wouldn't be bringing any gear as I have little interest in audio suff now, but I hear you guys are renting a room and I could chip in if you guys want. I also wouldn't mind photographing some of the gear.

Oct 26, 2006 at 6:38 AM Post #186 of 301
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlendaleViper
Did you get the 130 ohm version?

Umm, I honestly have no idea. I just asked if he wanted to send me a demo pair, he asked for my address. So we shall see if and when they show up.

Oct 26, 2006 at 2:26 PM Post #187 of 301
Quote:

Maybe the PROline750?

OK, I'll just bring everything I got...

iCans (white/black/titanium and gold versions...that nobody has ever seen
wink.gif
)

HFI-15G
HFI-650
HFI-700
HFI2200

PROline650
PROline750
PROline2500

DJ1 (aka HFI-550)
DJ1 PRO (aka PROline550)
(these last two are BASS MACHINES!!)

I also have a Behringer headphone amp which is good for 8 headphones at a time. I know its a Behringer...but if you need me to bring it, its useful for comparing multiple headphones from a single source.

Oct 26, 2006 at 2:47 PM Post #188 of 301
Sweet, I am interested in giving the two top end [closed and open] proline headphones a listen.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 26, 2006 at 3:14 PM Post #189 of 301
I had the HFi550 for awhile, and while I wouldnt call them bass "machines" per say, they certainly weren't shy about the lower register
basshead.gif

Oct 26, 2006 at 6:18 PM Post #190 of 301
Quote:

Sweet, I am interested in giving the two top end [closed and open] proline headphones a listen.
smily_headphones1.gif

I just realized I sold my last PROline 2500
frown.gif

I'll try to get a hold of one from my salesman in Ontario....

Oct 26, 2006 at 7:02 PM Post #191 of 301
If anyone has some Shure tri-flanges that they don't use, I would be happy to trade for any other tips in the Shure line.

Looking forward to meeting everyone and checking out the gear.

Rob

Oct 26, 2006 at 7:40 PM Post #192 of 301
Jonny G - Thanks. If you can't, don't worry yourself over it. I am sure there will still be lots of nice gear to sample.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 26, 2006 at 10:01 PM Post #194 of 301
What a bunch of spoiled bastards we are!

We've got Jonny G bringing quite near the entire Ultrasone line, and Nick (The_Duke) shoots me a PM yesterday with the tracking number for the goodies Shure is sending - and the package is TWO POUNDS!

Hey, maybe we'll have a few nice cardioid mics to play around with!
rolleyes.gif

[EDIT] Holy CRAP - has anyone taken a look at just how much gear is going to be at this meet? Things escalated rapidly!

Oct 26, 2006 at 10:31 PM Post #195 of 301
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlendaleViper
What a bunch of spoiled bastards we are!

We've got Jonny G bringing quite near the entire Ultrasone line, and Nick (The_Duke) shoots me a PM yesterday with the tracking number for the goodies Shure is sending - and the package is TWO POUNDS!

Hey, maybe we'll have a few nice cardioid mics to play around with!
rolleyes.gif

[EDIT] Holy CRAP - has anyone taken a look at just how much gear is going to be at this meet? Things escalated rapidly!

Wow that's just ridiculous how much gear there is. I can't wait to see what Shure actually sent. If there's an E500 then I called it and if it's an E4 Redleader has shottied it. You guys can duke out anything else (no pun intended)
biggrin.gif

Ironically my k81djs just died on me today
frown.gif
. Does anyone has some spare cable and a male jack I could buy off them? I'm looking for silver plated or some starquad or some cardas. Any good brand name plug will do (1/8") thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back