iBasso upgrade recommendations?
Jan 28, 2014 at 2:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

raymondu999

100+ Head-Fier
I currently use an 80GB iPod 5G (video) converted to an iMod, and then through my LOD with BG caps into my iBasso D10. This all feeds my Sennheiser IE8s, all of which I have to admit are getting a bit long in the tooth, so I'm contemplating a possible upgrade to my iBasso D10.

I love the clear highs of my current setup, as well as the bass impact. Soundstage too.

Any recommendations for upgrades? I thought the D12 would be appropriate as I know that I like the D10. Or is there a D14 (or whatever the next model will be) coming out?

Jan 28, 2014 at 8:45 AM Post #2 of 2
  I currently use an 80GB iPod 5G (video) converted to an iMod, and then through my LOD with BG caps into my iBasso D10. This all feeds my Sennheiser IE8s, all of which I have to admit are getting a bit long in the tooth, so I'm contemplating a possible upgrade to my iBasso D10.

I love the clear highs of my current setup, as well as the bass impact. Soundstage too.

Any recommendations for upgrades? I thought the D12 would be appropriate as I know that I like the D10. Or is there a D14 (or whatever the next model will be) coming out?

a chain is only as strong as its weakest link.

you cant expect the amp to give you all you are looking for, if you upgrade the amp its possible that then the weakest link might be in the lod or iems themselves.

sticking with the ibasso line, the pb2 is awsome, its very powerful, opamp rollable and buffer rollable, so with those 2 options it allows for you to change the sound signature, this might be good for you, as you might be able to find a opamp/buffer setup that gives you the soundstage/mids/highs/bass/ect you are looking for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back