Ibasso T4 is SMALL!
Apr 9, 2010 at 10:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

spartan123

100+ Head-Fier
Wow, I hope this thing is decent... for $131.00 US shiped. I hope it is a deceiving thing that its realllllly small size matches the cost! I have a FiiO E5 that was a LOT cheaper!

This is the first time that I feel like an idiot on purchasing an item on opening the package. This thing better have some serious features. Right now it is charging. But OMG, did I get screwed?

I will say that it is well packaged and has a wall charger, bag, usb cable etc... but damn, $131.00 shipped for this lil bitty thing????

Apr 9, 2010 at 10:30 PM Post #2 of 18
I liked my T4 when I owned it. It's supposed to be tiny...that's the beauty of it.

Just try not to lose it.
tongue.gif

Some internals...not mine:

2690298310044175878S600x600Q85.jpg

2675903950044175878S600x600Q85.jpg

Apr 10, 2010 at 12:09 AM Post #3 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by spartan123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, I hope this thing is decent... for $131.00 US shiped. I hope it is a deceiving thing that its realllllly small size matches the cost! I have a FiiO E5 that was a LOT cheaper!

This is the first time that I feel like an idiot on purchasing an item on opening the package. This thing better have some serious features. Right now it is charging. But OMG, did I get screwed?

I will say that it is well packaged and has a wall charger, bag, usb cable etc... but damn, $131.00 shipped for this lil bitty thing????

I am sure the IBASSO T3/4/3S are the best amp in this size, very tiny but the power is so strong! Good job IBASSO
tongue_smile.gif

Apr 10, 2010 at 1:16 AM Post #4 of 18
well, i have a Hotaudio 2010 portable amp coming in soon... honestly, so far I am NOT impressed for $131.00, Well do a comparision of the Hotaudio portable as soon as it gets in.

Don't get me wrong th iBassoTT4 is OK.... but for $131.00 I want a LOT more! The Hotaudio was $59.00 shipped. And seeing as I have the Hotaudoio Thunderbolt Max amp and know how good it is for the price, this should be interesting.

At this point, I am just not that impressed..... Espcialy for the value to price ratio.

Apr 10, 2010 at 2:18 AM Post #7 of 18
you pay for the small form factor, not the overall quality or the sound that comes out of it imo

i mean, they are meant for buds and nothing more, they power any bud nicely, except if you are using a power house of an mp3 player like the sansa fuze and then the t4 and t3 are junk

Apr 10, 2010 at 2:21 AM Post #8 of 18
You should have spent a little more for the T3, which is a much better amp compared to T4.

Quote:

Originally Posted by deadpool86 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i mean, they are meant for buds and nothing more, they power any bud nicely, except if you are using a power house of an mp3 player like the sansa fuze and then the t4 and t3 are junk

Perhaps you haven't had the change to listen to Fuze's LO with a T3 before.

Apr 10, 2010 at 2:23 AM Post #9 of 18
Haha nice. At least the little player delivers. But I felt the same way when I got my RSA Tomahawk. I expected it to be a little bigger; very small amp as well lol.

High res pics trick a lot of people lol.

Apr 10, 2010 at 2:35 AM Post #10 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by deadpool86 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you pay for the small form factor, not the overall quality or the sound that comes out of it imo

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "bud", but the T3 does a fine job with high end IEMs, including the JH13 Pro which several have successfully paired it with.

Quote:

Originally Posted by spartan123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well, i have a Hotaudio 2010 portable amp coming in soon... honestly, so far I am NOT impressed for $131.00, Well do a comparision of the Hotaudio portable as soon as it gets in.

Don't get me wrong th iBassoTT4 is OK.... but for $131.00 I want a LOT more! The Hotaudio was $59.00 shipped. And seeing as I have the Hotaudoio Thunderbolt Max amp and know how good it is for the price, this should be interesting.

At this point, I am just not that impressed..... Espcialy for the value to price ratio.

Why don't you just listen to the amps before passing judgement on them? you seemed to have decided you didn't like the T4 based on it's size before even listening to it, and now you've decided the Hotaudio amp is going to sound better before you've even received it.

I think you're going to find that you are expecting too much out of an amp, period.

Apr 10, 2010 at 4:18 AM Post #11 of 18
lol, I have a quite a few amps... this amp is NOT worth $131.00 shipped. It is ok, but not worth $131.00 $80.00 to 90.00 shipped maybe... but NOT 131.00 quality to Value to sound is just not there for this price. that is just my opinion. I have quite a few amps, portable and fixed......... so I have a good idea of what i find decent in sound and value.

listened to it with a sansa, cowon x5L, cowon d2 and a sony X. It is NOT worth $131.00. I feel ripped of. The buds used were Klipsch S2 and S4, RE0, Denon C751, IE8's. wish I could return it at this point.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mesasone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "bud", but the T3 does a fine job with high end IEMs, including the JH13 Pro which several have successfully paired it with.

Why don't you just listen to the amps before passing judgement on them? you seemed to have decided you didn't like the T4 based on it's size before even listening to it, and now you've decided the Hotaudio amp is going to sound better before you've even received it.

I think you're going to find that you are expecting too much out of an amp, period.

Apr 10, 2010 at 4:38 AM Post #14 of 18
first i will compare it against the Hotaudio 2010 portable. But honestly at this point this thing is WAY overpriced IMHO. Just disappointed right now, expected so much more for the price.

But honestly, that is what I have seen /expected from Chinese amps that you have to order in. You are either really happy with the sound / value or really disappointed. You take your chances.

All of my Lil Dots have been exceptional.

Apr 13, 2010 at 11:20 PM Post #15 of 18
OK, got the HotAudio 2010 portable in and well... while the Ibasso T4 looks like a mouse standing next to a cat size wise to the Hotaudio 2010 portable... the Ibasso T4 just kicks its ass up one side and down the other. I must apologize to Ibasso.... Who would of guessed? While I am truly impressed with the Hotaudio Thunderbolt Max... the 2010 portable is just lame compared to the lil pint sized Ibasso T4. I mean, the Ibasso with its gain and bass boost are just a SERIOUS improvement on the Hotaudio. Even the output levels from the Ibasso are higher. Highly recommend the Ibasso over the Hotaudio 2010 portable. The Ibasso is truly worth twice the price. Better sound stage, clarity and more power. Even with the gain and Bass boost off. Plus it is rechargeable! No buying 9V batteries.

I will say though that the Hotaudios size while bigger is nicer for my Cowon D2. It sits perfectly on top. The lil bitty Ibasso is kind of too small.

As with the Thunderbolt Max.... no ports on the Hotaudio 2010 amp are labeled. Also when you put the battery in it flops around in the case so I had to find a filler so it would be making so much noise and pulling at the wires. Dave at Hotaudio REALLY needs to put effort other then soldering into finishing his products! But hey at least the power LED is in the front on this amp instead of the back this time! One step at a time I guess.

Cowon D2- AMPS - RE0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back