IBasso T2 innitial Impressions: welcome to TinyTown.
Jun 3, 2007 at 3:58 AM Post #16 of 33
I got the t2 last week and posted my impressions in the
forum here but it got burried pretty quick I think I
titled the post "amp newbie impressed".
In short I like, its small and sounds good.
buried

Jun 3, 2007 at 8:05 AM Post #17 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by JadeEast /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got the t2 last week and posted my impressions in the
forum here but it got burried pretty quick I think I
titled the post "amp newbie impressed".
In short I like, its small and sounds good.
buried

I am thinking those of us who are talking presently about not getting their T2 are those who iBasso told were to get one of the five that they offered free back in March; not paying customers. I received an email asking me if I wanted to be sent one. Of course, I told them I would accept it.

As I have stated before, it maybe that that have had so many purchases that they have yet to get around to those that they made this free offer too.

Jun 4, 2007 at 8:51 AM Post #18 of 33
Email from iBasso last night says that indeed that your supply of initial parts went to their first set of customers. Now that they have been resupplied, those who were offered units for free will be getting them soon.

Jun 4, 2007 at 11:32 AM Post #19 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by philslade /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wandering off the thread I started elsewhere, I'm wondering about a T2 fed from a G1 Nano. My wife and I have refurbished nanos and we would like to be able to listen to audiobooks/podcasts but also indulge in a little music on the side. So we'd like a diminutive rig that just gets shoved into a bag/pocket/pouch on the move. What would be a reasonable set of IEMs to use with a G1 Nano + T2? Not shooting for the full audiophile monty here, just something clean, pleasant, and nonfatiguing.
plainface.gif

If you're mostly listening to audiobooks and only indulging in a wee bit of music i'd suggest that you cut the amp out all together. I don't think if the main purpose is for audiobooks that you can justify the cost of the amp... but then again this is head-fi!
biggrin.gif

Jun 4, 2007 at 8:49 PM Post #20 of 33
To those who have received their iBasso T2, is the set still affected by cellphone interference like the T1?

Jun 4, 2007 at 9:17 PM Post #21 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vulpix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To those who have received their iBasso T2, is the set still affected by cellphone interference like the T1?

No it is not. (I addressed this issue in my review). I used a cellphone to dial random numbers right next to the T2, totally quiet.

Jun 5, 2007 at 8:59 PM Post #22 of 33
Is there any reason why the T2 is twice the price of the T1? Are there any major component changes? I'm having a hard time justifying the price, since there is no changelog or anything.

Jun 5, 2007 at 11:22 PM Post #23 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vulpix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is there any reason why the T2 is twice the price of the T1? Are there any major component changes? I'm having a hard time justifying the price, since there is no changelog or anything.

There is major redesign between the T1 and the T2.

T1 uses a Maxim Max4411 op-amp, no real caps needed but this results a a lower output, less dynamic but still very nice over-all. No real burn-in required due to the design.

T2 uses an AD op-amp (not sure variety) with caps. This is much more standard from the designs around here. It was also previewed at the national meet and was taken back into the shop after comments. So it was also compared with others of that genre then for the designers to reset it against. I think this one has a gain switch the T1 does not. This one will require some burn-in for it to finally develop it's legs I would think.

Note: From the first paragraph of the T1 data sheet: "The MAX4410 stereo headphone driver is designed for portable equipment where board space is at a premium. The MAX4410 uses a unique, patented, DirectDrive architecture to produce a ground-referenced output from a single supply, eliminating the need for large DC-blocking capacitors, saving cost, board space, and component height."

Jun 6, 2007 at 12:43 AM Post #24 of 33
might be snake oil, but ya I think there is bass improvement after sometime of me using the T2. There is a gain switch, which I choose to keep maxed out, there is upgrade in the fact that it is no affected by cellphones.

Jun 6, 2007 at 3:53 AM Post #25 of 33
i wish the gain switch had a greater effect... i have the volume turned way down low (just higher than where I lose sound in 1 ear) using my SF5Ps, and sometime use the attenuator... Do you guys find this too using IEMs? You would think that on a product noted to be made for IEMs they would decrease the gain.

Jun 6, 2007 at 9:35 PM Post #26 of 33
just got my ibasso t2 today been usin for a few hours, it seems to have brought the audio technica es7,s to life they seem a little more clear and the soundstage seems to have opened a little bit and the bass boost works good
basshead.gif
the bass has gotten id say 25% better with the bass boost on all in all i consider it a good 120 spent and a special thanx to ken at ALO for his quick service
wink.gif

Jun 7, 2007 at 11:05 AM Post #27 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by thekid22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i wish the gain switch had a greater effect... i have the volume turned way down low (just higher than where I lose sound in 1 ear) using my SF5Ps, and sometime use the attenuator... Do you guys find this too using IEMs? You would think that on a product noted to be made for IEMs they would decrease the gain.

What do you mean?

To everyone with a t2: Does the t2 help against a slightly hissy source, eg. is the background completely black or does it have some hiss with sensitive IEMs?

Jun 7, 2007 at 1:56 PM Post #28 of 33
I have not heard any hiss. my only point is that I need to volume to be very low to use my IEMs... There is currently a Low Gain switch, but I wish it was lower gain...

Jun 7, 2007 at 2:56 PM Post #29 of 33
I am looking at picking one of these (and a Cryo Dock) from ALO to use with my nano and my 4th gen ipod. Using it mainly with IEM's (and for the hell of it trying to power Sennheiser HD540 II's with it) think I will be happy? It will be my first headphone amp.

Jun 7, 2007 at 3:20 PM Post #30 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by thekid22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have not heard any hiss. my only point is that I need to volume to be very low to use my IEMs... There is currently a Low Gain switch, but I wish it was lower gain...

So with SF5P you can barely get the volume up? Is this from headphone out or lineout from iPod?

I have UM2s and now worry that the amp may be too much. Anyone with UM2s try the T2?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back