IBasso T2 innitial Impressions: welcome to TinyTown.
May 23, 2007 at 7:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33

thekid22

100+ Head-Fier
Ok, so i just got the T2 in the mail and first thing that i notice is this thing is absolutely tiny!!! like teency... I could fit it into my Ipod case. This is an amp that will NEVER leave your source. now it just annoys me that my line-out adapter is so big and clunky compared to the ipod and amp.

Box looks just like the T1 box seen in other pictures, comes with 2 mini-mini adapters, 1 about 5 inches, the other longer, and a small leatherette bag that i don't think anyone will ever use as a case. It comes with a charger (US prongs), and the cable can charge via usb (but i really with they just used a mini usb adapter instead of its own narrow cylinder.

on to the impressions:

Rig: 5G Ipod 60 GB
>custom line-out
>IBasso T2
>Super.fi 5 pro

the first thing that i noticed is that it really cleans up the sound- much tighter & clearer; especially the bass. I do not have the T1, nor have i listened to it, but what i'm hearing is a similar sound to what I've read about the T1... again, the bass switch is really great, the soundstage switch is terrible.
Sounds really great for the size. a definite improvement over the sf5ps right out of the ipod, and a good sound. I'm impressed!

Testing with the HD25s and PINT.
Disclaimer: I feel that the pint and HD25s have an amazing synergy, so I expected that testing the hd25s with the T2 might not stack up.

Comparing to the PINT using both sf5ps, ksc 75s and HD25s.
I think the ibasso doesn't really stack up. the soundstage is less pronounced, and it misses some of the thump factor (zeppelin's moby dick for drums)... doesn't have the sparkle that i love in the pint.
Note:
well loved many hour PINT vs brand new T2
also, you could fit about 6 T2s in the PINT, and its gets 4 times the battery life

Use with different headphones.
Synergizes extremely well with the sf5ps... adds base and clarity, which may be the 2 weaknesses of the sf5ps
Adds something to the ksc 75, They may sound better out of the T2 than the PINT
HD25s... eh, didn't wow me together, but again that may be due to my love of the hd25s with the PINT.

I'm extremely happy with this amp. Its tiny, sounds great, does not pick up any amount of interference from cell phones as others said the T1 had, has a great bass boost, and the battery seems to last forever.

I hope this didn't sound negative, given its TINY size, its really quite awesome, and I'd give it a nice recommendation.

May 23, 2007 at 7:27 PM Post #2 of 33
Great! I'll be interested to hear how it stacks up to your Pint.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 23, 2007 at 8:58 PM Post #3 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dexdexter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great! I'll be interested to hear how it stacks up to your Pint.
smily_headphones1.gif

Congratulations! Looking forward to hearing your impression of its performance from you. It will be better if you can make some comparisons with other amps, especially T1.

May 23, 2007 at 9:54 PM Post #4 of 33
Nice!! Looks cool!

May 24, 2007 at 10:06 AM Post #7 of 33
I have the T1 and it's a great little amp. Not iin the same class as a Micro/Mini but the the cost and size makes a great buy. Btw I have found that it sounds a lot better in all areas after a good few hours use. Not light and day difference.

May 25, 2007 at 1:38 AM Post #8 of 33
I got mine, I'll do a formal review later. I'll just say, its very pleasing visually, and it does sound just fine. I am going to do back-to-back comparisons later.
It has a hint of needing burn-in judging by the sound out of the box (bit fatiguing, which what I learned is the main and the only guaranteed sign of needing burn-in). The accessories are pretty cool, everything is really mini...although the leather pouch is big enough for my player + the iBasso.

May 25, 2007 at 2:06 PM Post #9 of 33
I'm anxious to hear a direct comparison to the T1. but thats 2 positive reviews out of 2 users so far!

May 28, 2007 at 4:28 AM Post #12 of 33
Wandering off the thread I started elsewhere, I'm wondering about a T2 fed from a G1 Nano. My wife and I have refurbished nanos and we would like to be able to listen to audiobooks/podcasts but also indulge in a little music on the side. So we'd like a diminutive rig that just gets shoved into a bag/pocket/pouch on the move. What would be a reasonable set of IEMs to use with a G1 Nano + T2? Not shooting for the full audiophile monty here, just something clean, pleasant, and nonfatiguing.
plainface.gif

May 28, 2007 at 4:32 AM Post #13 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by philslade /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wandering off the thread I started elsewhere, I'm wondering about a T2 fed from a G1 Nano. My wife and I have refurbished nanos and we would like to be able to listen to audiobooks/podcasts but also indulge in a little music on the side. So we'd like a diminutive rig that just gets shoved into a bag/pocket/pouch on the move. What would be a reasonable set of IEMs to use with a G1 Nano + T2? Not shooting for the full audiophile monty here, just something clean, pleasant, and nonfatiguing.
plainface.gif

I have been doing this with my Nano and my T1 for a while now. Check my gallery for my portable rig to see it with my ATH-EW9s.

Jun 3, 2007 at 2:58 AM Post #14 of 33
No one else got their T2 yet?

Jun 3, 2007 at 3:44 AM Post #15 of 33
Well I am supposed to get one but I haven't heard from Ibasso in a while. My last email came back so I am not sure what is going on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back