iBasso T1
Feb 9, 2007 at 8:36 PM Post #76 of 204
Judging from the pictures of that unit, you can't run mini line out from an Ipod into it, you have to have digital output to feed it, right? Someone correct me if I somehow missed a mini or RCA input.

Feb 9, 2007 at 8:43 PM Post #77 of 204
Quote:

Originally Posted by vorlon1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Judging from the pictures of that unit, you can't run mini line out from an Ipod into it, you have to have digital output to feed it, right? Someone correct me if I somehow missed a mini or RCA input.

Yup- it's a DAC with a headphone amp - no analog input.

Feb 11, 2007 at 6:46 AM Post #78 of 204
Quote:

Originally Posted by SONGsanmanwah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
:sigh: I've a firm plan to get AV710 > Go Vibe6 > MS-1 and be contented with unamped portable set X5 > PK-2. Do you think the T1 really dances with MS-1?

sorry so long to reply.

to be honest , I claim no particular "dancing" with the MS-1 I am not claiming it to be the perfect match. My impressions are what they are , just my opinion.

I think with the bass boost ON that the T1 gives the MS-1 a more level sound through the whole of the spectrum, and thus is a good match to the MS-1's. As the MS-1 , to me, has recessed base and sharp and clear, if not a bit forward from the mids to the top. That is a reason many seem to think it a good rock n' roll can as guitars stand out. I'm just now listening to the T1 through the MS-1s , playing Metallica - Master of Puppets and it sounds very good to me.

The T1 also sounds very good with the 701's playing Metallica.

the reason I brought it up in the first place is I have a few other amps and i was trying them to see what worked the best with the MS-1 and to me the T1 seems to do very well with the MS-1.

Hope this has helped you. Keep in mind one mans blessing is another mans curse.

something to consider is there is indeed ATM great interest in this T1 amp so it should be easy to sell should you not like it.

Straight up, No fluff,
wink.gif

Peace,
MaN227
cool.gif

Feb 11, 2007 at 10:05 AM Post #79 of 204
Somebody should start posting some bad reviews.
wink.gif
Last auction went for $100 usd + shipping.

Feb 11, 2007 at 4:13 PM Post #80 of 204
Quote:

Originally Posted by megamanwich /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Somebody should start posting some bad reviews.
wink.gif
Last auction went for $100 usd + shipping.

lol good one
tongue.gif

its a prime example of this hobby. if people are willing to pay the price of ANY headphile product, prices are not going to go down. Take a home audio-video receiver and everything it does at its price point and compare that to a headphone only amp at the same price point of the home amp and tell me where the value lies ... somewhat insane when you really think about it. another example, Before I came to this forum I would have NEVER dreamed that someone would sell, let alone anyone would BUY a ipod interconnect for over 100$. that sums up the whole hobby right there , I think.

Straight Up, No Fluff
wink.gif

Peace,
MaN227
cool.gif

Feb 11, 2007 at 6:29 PM Post #81 of 204
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaN227 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol good one
tongue.gif

its a prime example of this hobby. if people are willing to pay the price of ANY headphile product, prices are not going to go down. Take a home audio-video receiver and everything it does at its price point and compare that to a headphone only amp at the same price point of the home amp and tell me where the value lies ... somewhat insane when you really think about it. another example, Before I came to this forum I would have NEVER dreamed that someone would sell, let alone anyone would BUY a ipod interconnect for over 100$. that sums up the whole hobby right there , I think.

Straight Up, No Fluff
wink.gif

Peace,
MaN227
cool.gif

True but listen to the sound difference. While the inexpensive/cheap audio-video receiver may seem good it doesn't pack well in the pocket and for the most part, when compared sound to sound for a headphone, lets down terribly. I guess you can get something that will fill the application but not always will it fit the need.

Feb 13, 2007 at 5:08 PM Post #83 of 204
Quote:

Originally Posted by Julien /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This seems really strange that they are selling then just a couple at the time. Are these a preproduction run and they are about to become available?

I lived in China for some time and often in Feb. people go on vacation as it is the new year and many factories close for much of the month. I even had my mail held up for about 2 weeks at one point, though mail normally continues it didn't where I was.

Feb 14, 2007 at 3:46 AM Post #86 of 204
They obviously don't have a N. American distributer. they probably have to show a demand to to get the most favorable deal with one. It's one thing to have a great product. It whole different thing to bring it to market. The woods are thick with iPod accessories and a lot of on and off line stores have shelves full of them that are good products but just got overlooked because another similar product became chic.

Feb 14, 2007 at 4:03 AM Post #87 of 204
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaN227 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hope this has helped you. Keep in mind one mans blessing is another mans curse.

Of course it helps
biggrin.gif
Good news is I can audition the combo but, like everything else in life, the perfect scenario does not exist.

Here's where I'm at; AV710 (on the way) + MS1 looking for amp for home use, my candidates are T1, P1, C&C box and Go-Vibe v6:
- the shop with T1 in Bangkok doesn't stock P1
- they are organizing a Chinese New Year meet at that shop, hopefully some amps in this price range will show up
- I can get either P1 or C&C shipped from Hong Kong very cheap but it will be blind buy

Anyway I'm in no hurry, let my upgradaetus see the best of me.
evil_smiley.gif

Feb 17, 2007 at 2:27 PM Post #88 of 204
My T1 arrived yesterday. After 1day burn-in,the sound was change.
Bass is more deeper , treble is more smooth. Sound stage is open up.
Bass boost is useful for K171S. But "wide sound stage" is not so good.
T1 is very good small amp for ultraportable use.

ibasso3.jpg

Mar 6, 2007 at 11:11 PM Post #89 of 204
RISE (Aren't you glad I decided to post here rather then new thread =p)

All right man. I'm in need of my first amp. The choices are iBasso T1/P1

First of all I may consider buying some DT770s. I want an amp that can drive them as I heard they need an amp. Will both of them do the job? If not which one will?

The above will be my deciding decision since I do plan on getting some cans later on...waiting for the V-Moda cans then I will make my decision.

I will currently be using the amp with a V-Moda Flashback Crome Vibe.

If they both can drive the DT770s then I will be picking T1 probably later on for the price to come down a bit.

Currently $89.99USD + 10 Dollars as I want faster shipping lol.

T1 just looks SO much better and it's smaller, and according to the ebay has nearly twice as long battery life AND it has something I need. A splitter =)

Oh yes. My MP3 player lately has been making sort of a grainy, crackeling sound.(One too many drops) this was fixed by EQ though.

Also would this be a good choice for the following EQ settings that I like.

80 250 1K 4K 13K HZ
+5 +2 +5 +4 +4

Last thing I need. This will be my very first amp. How much of a gain in sound quality should I expect?

Like going stock earbuds to Vibes but starting from Vibes or a significant improvement in sound quality?

Looks sell lol. I was probably going to get the P1 but once I saw this bad boy here..=0

Mar 7, 2007 at 12:55 AM Post #90 of 204
Pity I missed the $35 offer. It's now only "buy it now $89.99" with no current auctions.

Maybe I'll get to hear one at the Headfi Intn'l Meet #2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back