iBasso T1
Feb 2, 2007 at 5:11 PM Post #46 of 204
T1/P1 jamato8 are they pretty much the same? I was thinking of getting the P1, but the T1 looks stunning and very small, but i also want great sound too.

Feb 2, 2007 at 8:30 PM Post #47 of 204
I am still getting an idea of where it fits in with the sound of the P1 and my reference, the SM LE. I can say the T1 does a surprising job of driving ear buds, IEM's, and my HD650's. Now that it is getting burned in I will do some more comparisons of the T1 to my other amps. The size, price, looks and sound really do make this a great buy and a fun amp to use.

Feb 5, 2007 at 6:31 PM Post #48 of 204
My iBasso T1 arrived just now. It's very cold, and needs charging, but this is certainly one very SMALL, very cute little amp. Nice packagning too - a very "consumer" type package.

Feb 5, 2007 at 7:05 PM Post #50 of 204
Quote:

Originally Posted by rlanger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey Skylab,

Do you plan on updating your amp shootout to include the iBasso?

Rob

I may, if I have time to put it through the entire battery of tests and comparisons, which I may or may not.

Feb 6, 2007 at 3:39 AM Post #52 of 204
A shop in Bangkok has them at ~$75. Could very well be shipped to USA within $100 so, anyone who's desperate can PM me. I might be able to help out.*

They're out of stock now
redface.gif

Feb 6, 2007 at 8:38 PM Post #53 of 204
I spent some time listening to the iBasso T1 today. Let me start by repeating that this thing is very pretty, and very SMALL. Looks cool.

It sounds remarkably good, especially for the price and size. It's bass boost works well. I'm not sure I could really get a handle on it's "wide sound stage" feature, since it altered the volume level quite a bit, so comparisons were difficult. But what I could tell I didn't like - it seemed to brighten the sound unacceptably. But with it off, the sound was full, engaging, and generally pleasant. At least from memory, it sounds better than the LDM+. It's not a giant killer, and doesn't sound as good as iBasso's own (much bigger) P1. But I liked having the bass boost, and it's a nifty little thing.

There was one quirk - my T1 seemed to be prone to some buzzing from the metal mini-plug on my Sennheiser HD25-1's. Plastic jacketed plugs did not seem to have the same issue.

But in general, if these things were made more widely available, I think the combination of small size, nice features, good looks, good sound and fairly low price will make it a good seller. I have seen it selling on EBay though for the same price as the P1, and the P1 is a better SOUNDING amp, so clearly the size features and looks matter a lot to some people
biggrin.gif

Feb 7, 2007 at 5:37 AM Post #56 of 204
Hi,
I haven't let it run out as I recharge it but it has run more than 30 hours with no charge before I recharged it as it is better than running the battery totally out unless you do this every 30 or so charges. The amp also has two jacks out for head phones with an opamp for each headphone, which is pretty neat. I have been listening to the T1 tonight and it sounds very, very good. I have around 200 hours on mine and it does smooth out and open up more with time, as with most amps. The amp feels like it weighs nothing.

Feb 7, 2007 at 8:15 AM Post #59 of 204
I'm looking forward to getting one of these for my portable use with ipod nano. My other option is xtra x-1. I'd mostly use this with my IEMs. But I'd be buying a can in near future (say HD-595 or DT-770). Do you guys think this will be able to drive them well enough?

It would be nice to see a comparo from guys who already have it. What say Skylab and jamato8?

Feb 7, 2007 at 2:51 PM Post #60 of 204
Quote:

Originally Posted by RasmusseN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Still no pictures of one of these under some popular portable media players
frown.gif

Here you go - the T1 makes the Nano look huge!

DSC01261.jpg

DSC01257.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back