iBasso SR3 — 150Ω version of the SR2
Mar 29, 2024 at 6:14 AM Post #271 of 281
Is there a place to get replacement parts for the sr3? Not just pads?

Mar 29, 2024 at 1:57 PM Post #273 of 281
For such a highly regarded performance level, th headphones isn't talked about here much

Mar 29, 2024 at 2:19 PM Post #274 of 281
For such a highly regarded performance level, th headphones isn't talked about here much
And I don't understand that. I would put them against anything I own, seriously. They have their own quality and it is no let down from headphones I have like the HE90 or the Sony R-10, Abyss and so on. They sound different but are no less of a quality sound at a fraction of the price. I guess they don't cost enough.

Mar 29, 2024 at 2:57 PM Post #275 of 281
I saw a pair of sr2's sell on eBay for £147 in feb

Mar 31, 2024 at 5:38 AM Post #277 of 281
I own many headphones to compare to and to me, the SR3 are right up there with the top headphones. I have heard others in the same price range and for me, no they are not as good, as spacious, bass impact and real. I listen to live music, amped and un amped and that is my true barometer, not other recorded music, but live sounds. The SR3 IMO, strike way above what the price would indicate.
SR3 is a wonderful headphone, I agree. My only cans that could be close to it in the sound department is an original (deep-blue) HiFiman HE400 with SMC connectors and Focuspad-A earpads amped with a Topping A30 Pro headphone amplifier. I would say it gives me the 4/5 of that sound quality. iBasso SR3 still has better resolution IMO and provides much better performance from other amplifiers, DAPs. The HE400 craves for power, it only excels that great punchy, dynamic, fluid sound from the A30 Pro.

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2024 at 12:23 PM Post #279 of 281
I've had no experience with iBasso products, but based on the positive reviews here I took a chance and got the SR3. Excellent headphone! I'm totally satisfied. Well done iBasso! I hope they continue with their headphones.
Thank you for becoming part of the iBasso family. It really is all about the music. Enjoy!

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Apr 11, 2024 at 8:02 PM Post #281 of 281
Hi there. Can anyone briefly compare SR3 vs. Moondrop Para, Venus or vs Audeze lcd2c? (Yup, kinda different headphones, but some say SR3 are transparent, resolving, the other say they are warm and a bit dark, so I’m a little bit confused 😁)
Honestly, they're kinda all the above. Transparent and resolving - check. Though not sterile or clinical. The warmth is what I'd consider slight, the darkness what I'd consider double slight. Of course, this depends on which pads you choose. Above all else, these headphones are highly engaging and very musical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back