iBasso SR2 Reaching for more music.
Oct 18, 2020 at 2:25 PM Post #46 of 205
Thank you. Are the silver cups rings metal or plastic?

These are like the Apple Corp of Head Fi

from the box 📦 to the literature to the build to the cable...everything is perfect

Especially the cable...it is the highest quality stock cable I have ever seen with the exception of the Audeze Lcd4z cable...hands down...no question...it’s one of the crucial components as to
Why these are phenomenal out of the box and after a burn in...even better.

Oct 18, 2020 at 2:26 PM Post #47 of 205
Does the iBasso SR2 have a dip in the lower treble? I found that some headphones with bio-cellulose driver had that tendency.

Oct 18, 2020 at 2:30 PM Post #48 of 205
Does the iBasso SR2 have a dip in the lower treble? I found that some headphones with bio-cellulose driver had that tendency.

they’re perfect. Right now stand up bass is standout, even with Coltrane over it

they’re so quick

this is “the” music to test these and I have not found anything other than bliss

Oct 18, 2020 at 2:51 PM Post #49 of 205
Does the iBasso SR2 have a dip in the lower treble? I found that some headphones with bio-cellulose driver had that tendency

No dip in the lower treble for sure, yes my Audioquest Nighthawk were on the darker side and SR1 to a much lesser extent weren't the most sparkly but SR2 is a game changer as far as clarity, transparency and sparkle go... really stunningly good!

I am really so impressed by the SR2

Oct 18, 2020 at 3:36 PM Post #50 of 205
I love that the construction and comfort on these is on par with the stellar sound. Just an all around steal at this price. I haven't owned any headphones over 1K and never will but I imagine these compete.

Oct 19, 2020 at 11:29 AM Post #52 of 205
No dip in the lower treble for sure, yes my Audioquest Nighthawk were on the darker side and SR1 to a much lesser extent weren't the most sparkly but SR2 is a game changer as far as clarity, transparency and sparkle go... really stunningly good!

I am really so impressed by the SR2
I like a treble that's fairly smooth from about 2k to 10k but rarely find one. The PSB's were pretty close. The 'sparkle' description worried me a tad, that the SR2 might be a bit too bright over the long haul. The Nighthawk lost a lot from 2k to 7k then the 7-10k was there and it sounded a bit like some icing sugar on a sugar-free cake.

Oct 19, 2020 at 12:08 PM Post #53 of 205
I like a treble that's fairly smooth from about 2k to 10k but rarely find one. The PSB's were pretty close. The 'sparkle' description worried me a tad, that the SR2 might be a bit too bright over the long haul. The Nighthawk lost a lot from 2k to 7k then the 7-10k was there and it sounded a bit like some icing sugar on a sugar-free cake.

SR2 is not what I consider a bright headphone but it's certainly lively and for me safe and smooth.

Did you audition SR1 as well might be an option if you liked the NightHawk but want something less dark... somewhere in between NightHawk and SR2

Oct 19, 2020 at 12:15 PM Post #54 of 205
SR2 is not what I consider a bright headphone but it's certainly lively and for me safe and smooth.

Did you audition SR1 as well might be an option if you liked the NightHawk but want something less dark... somewhere in between NightHawk and SR2
I’d still say SR2...same driver...improved everything else. I’m listening to Hendrix right now. Probably the screechiest rock you can get...I just want MORE...because it’s sooooooo good. Presented so well, that it’s like I’ve never heard it before, the drum rolls hitting in 3D....I feel blessed to have these. But again it’s dedicated to my amp /DAC/ CD optical out as well...

Oct 25, 2020 at 12:57 PM Post #55 of 205
I haven't tried the second pad set yet, has anyone A/B'ed I think those are two different pad types?

In the meantime the SR2 is probably the best headphone I ever owned for vocals, mesmerizing...

Oct 25, 2020 at 1:35 PM Post #56 of 205
I haven’t tried them yet either. I’m enjoying them as is right now. I am going to try a balanced cable from Ted Allen very soon!!!

I haven't tried the second pad set yet, has anyone A/B'ed I think those are two different pad types?

In the meantime the SR2 is probably the best headphone I ever owned for vocals, mesmerizing...

Oct 27, 2020 at 1:37 PM Post #58 of 205
I got my pair today too, how do you find the amp'ing and generally powering of them? the Dynamics are there and the detail is good. I just struggle to get them loud, i'm used to Arya's i guess. Tried pad rolling just encase, but the second set i find just tones everything down to be more laidback. going to be a fun week of burn in and test tracks. :beerchug:

Attachments

• DSCN0015.JPG
    DSCN0015.JPG
    5.1 MB · Views: 0
Oct 27, 2020 at 1:40 PM Post #59 of 205
I got my pair today too, how do you find the amp'ing and generally powering of them? the Dynamics are there and the detail is good. I just struggle to get them loud, i'm used to Arya's i guess. Tried pad rolling just encase, but the second set i find just tones everything down to be more laidback. going to be a fun week of burn in and test tracks. :beerchug:

Funny, I wouldn't say they need incredible amping power (and that's part of the beauty of them) I am on low gain / turbo mode at 50/100 volume with the Hiby R8 :thinking:

Oct 27, 2020 at 3:36 PM Post #60 of 205
Hello,

I got my pair of Sr2 today.
I have a long list of headphones that i heard and owned in the past. Most headphones are twice or three times the cost.
I think this one combines most worlds of them. Really good technical abilities, non fatiguing frequency response and really musical presentation.
If you feel in the mood, please give us some more sound impressions 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back