Ibasso SR2...... 🍀 🇺🇸...here 😳
Aug 26, 2020 at 1:25 AM Post #123 of 915
I care about the degree to which they leak. If you don’t, why post anything, let alone something rude?
I get very, very little leakage. I have the Sen. HD650 and they produce much more sound (leakage), which they should, since they are open headphones. I can put the SR2 on my leg and barely hear them.

Aug 26, 2020 at 3:18 AM Post #124 of 915
SR2 leaks very little. Actually leaks less then some of my closed backs.
Thank you, much appreciated.

I get very, very little leakage. I have the Sen. HD650 and they produce much more sound (leakage), which they should, since they are open headphones. I can put the SR2 on my leg and barely hear them.
Another relative response. Thank you

My point isn't hard either. Who cares if it leaks or not? Except you. Simple.
Okie doki 🙄

Aug 26, 2020 at 5:06 AM Post #125 of 915
Alright, I just ordered my wp900, and I'm looking for one more phone to add to the stable. It's between this and the Beyerdynamic T5p 2nd generation. Can anyone provide some input, comparisons and contrasts between the two? My main genre is 70s and 80s hard rock and glam metal. George has been very helpful, answering my questions on his YouTube video.. Thank you George. As for the leakage, do these leak less than an Sennheiser 6 series?
20200826_162830.jpg

Just tested it today and having owned a HD600 for few years now I can assure you the HD600 leaks way more. Mind you though that I was in the good Zeppelin Cafe place. The leak was so soft I never worried whether the ones seated next to me would hear my secret (some embarassing enough that I dont tell others) tunes I used to audition them. I had to place my ear directly touching the outside cup to listen how much leak there is. Seems like its coming out from a semi closed back kind of leak. Maybe like a Beyer, though I dont own one, but definitely not as much sound like that from a Senn. 😊

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2020 at 5:11 AM Post #126 of 915
20200826_162830.jpg
Just tested it today and having owned a HD600 for few years now I can assure you the HD600 leaks way more. Mind you though that I was in the good Zeppelin Cafe place. The leak was so soft I never worried whether the ones seated next to me would hear my secret (some embarassing enough that I dont tell others) tunes I used to audition them. I had to place my ear directly touching the outside cup to listen how much leak there is. Seems like its coming out from a semi closed back kind of leak. Maybe like a Beyer, though I dont own one, but definitely not as much sound like that from a Senn. 😊
Do you also find them neutral and very analytical?

Aug 26, 2020 at 10:58 AM Post #127 of 915
I'm using them since monday and they are not neutral however not very far from that and definately not analytical. They have prominent bass with excellent extension and for an open back I would say that extension is mind blowing but in reality they are more of an semi open design. They leak very little and they also have quite a lot of isolation. Bass itself is not super tight, more of a pleasantly softer one with good but not amazing impact. It adds quite a bit of warmth to the sound in general. Midrange starts mostly neutral and gradually gets more pushed back when it comes to upper midrange. It gives more of a relaxed nature to the sound but it also lacks a little bit of presence and bite on a female vocals and snare drum for example. It sounds very good, kinda in analog way but laid back. Male vocals on the other hand are spot on ideal. Absolutely zero harshness and without any sibilance. Treble is neutral and of really great quality with superb extension. It feels very clean and clear, and also here, there is no harshness. I've heard even more refined and even cleaner treble but only in headphones costing 2-3 times the SR2 price. Treble is not warmer and sweeter like the bass, it's more of a neutral one and stays true to the recording.

The soundstage size is a little bit above average with good depth and layering. The sound is rendered very close to the listener and without any artificial veils or barriers. Soundstage also feel more like studio recording session and not like a live concert - they are not boxed in but they are not airy either. Resolution, dynamics and separation are very good but nothing spectacular but that's to be expected from the warmer, fatigue free and little bit laid back headphones.

They are quite easy to drive, maybe not extremely but anything with reasonable power will suffice.

The build quality is very good, everything is made out of metal and feels sturdy. The headband is quite small and the size adjustment is basically not existent. In other headphones I usually am in the middle of scale but here they are very comfortable but at max extension so if someone has larger head they can be too small. Props for a spare pair of earpads and a hard case in the box. Cable feels nice and it's more like an IEM cable than from over ear headphones. Overall I would say they are easy to like, very capable headphones with great price to performance ratio.

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2020 at 12:44 PM Post #129 of 915
I'm using them since monday and they are not neutral however not very far from that and definately not analytical. They have prominent bass with excellent extension and for an open back I would say that extension is mind blowing but in reality they are more of an semi open design. They leak very little and they also have quite a lot of isolation. Bass itself is not super tight, more of a pleasantly softer one with good but not amazing impact. It adds quite a bit of warmth to the sound in general. Midrange starts mostly neutral and gradually gets more pushed back when it comes to upper midrange. It gives more of a relaxed nature to the sound but it also lacks a little bit of presence and bite on a female vocals and drum roll for example. It sounds very good, kinda in analog way but laid back. Male vocals on the other hand are spot on ideal. Absolutely zero harshness and without any sibilance. Treble is neutral and of really great quality with superb extension. It feels very clean and clear, and also here, there is no harshness. I've heard even more refined and even cleaner treble but only in headphones costing 2-3 times the SR2 price. Treble is not warmer and sweeter like the bass, it's more of a neutral one and stays true to the recording.

The soundstage size is a little bit above average with good depth and layering. The sound is rendered very close to the listener and without any artificial veils or barriers. Soundstage also feel more studio recording session and not like a live concert - they are not boxed in but they are not airy either. Resolution, dynamics and separation are very good but nothing spectacular but that's to be expected from the warmer, fatigue free and little bit laid back headphones.

They are quite easy to drive, maybe not extremely but anything with reasonable power will suffice.

The build quality is very good, everything is made out of metal and feels sturdy. The headband is quite small and the size adjustment is basically not existent. In other headphones I usually am in the middle of scale but here they are very comfortable but at max extension so if someone has larger head they can be too small. Props for a spare pair of earpads and a hard case in the box. Cable feels nice and it's more like an IEM cable than over ear headphones. Overall I would say they are easy to like, very capable headphones with great price to performance ratio.
Nice post - Thank you 👍

Aug 26, 2020 at 1:17 PM Post #130 of 915
@siruspan differences between Elear and SR2?

Very different. Elear have less bass in general and compared to SR2 they almost don't have a subbas at all. You may hear some deep rumble but you will not feel it like you do on the SR2 which can provide really deep vibrations. Other than that bass in the SR2 feels fuller and on the other hand Elear have it tighter with slightly better impact, like a pneumatic punch.

They both have kinda recessed upper midrange but on SR2 it's very linear and gradual and on Elear the drop is more sudden and more pronounced so it's more noticible and on top of that they have more pronounced treble which strenghtness this midrange deep even more. Treble is cleaner and smoother on the SR2. I wouldn't call Elears treble sharp per se but I found it annoying in the long run. It maybe because I found myself making up the deficit in midrange with listening on the higher volume.

Soundstage is way bigger on SR2 as this element in Elear is quite poor. They feel quite airy but picture they render is in small scale and narrow for a full size, open back headphones. They feel more like an open back IEMs. Funny thing is that SR2 don't feel that airy but they have actually quite impressive soundstage when it comes to both width and depth.

Overall Elear's are brighter, thinner, with more dips and peaks which can be annoying but have more punch and SR2 are fuller, meatier, more even, more relaxed and natural albeit not as exciting and punchy.

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2020 at 1:18 PM Post #131 of 915
If you want even more transparency and tighter bass, here is what I did with the second set of ear pads (so nice they sent an extra set). I use my hole punch that I used to use when making high end watch bands (the hole in the strap so that tells you the size). I put a double row on the inside about 1cm apart (side to side) and spaced 1cm from each double punch, all the way around the inside and a single row on the outside (not the section touching the face). This is very easy, if you have something to punch the holes. The SR2 show after this, they have no rival at the price and frankly, only by personal preference, would any headphone be better, IMO. The Beyerdynamic T1 sound very good balanced but in comparison, the SR2 are cleaner sounding, more true to the music, more open and layered.

Aug 26, 2020 at 1:24 PM Post #132 of 915
Very different. Elear have less bass in general and compared to SR2 they almost don't have a subbas at all. You may hear some deep rumble but you will not feel it like you do on the SR2 which can provide really deep vibrations. Other than that bass in the SR2 feels fuller and on the other hand Elear have it tighter with slightly better impact, like a pneumatic punch.

They both have kinda recessed upper midrange but on SR2 it's very linear and gradual and on Elear the drop is more sudden and more pronounced so it's more noticible and on top of that they have more pronounced treble which strenghtness this midrange deep even more. Treble is cleaner and smoother on the SR2. I wouldn't call Elears treble sharp per se but I found it annoying in the long run. It maybe because I found myself making up the deficit in midrange with listening on the higher volume.

Soundstage is way bigger on SR2 as this element in Elear is quite poor. They feel quite airy but picture they render is in small scale and narrow for a full size, open back headphones. They feel more like an open back IEMs. Funny thing is that SR2 don't feel that airy but they have actually quite impressive soundstage when it comes to both width and depth.

Overall Elear's are brighter, thinner, with more dips and peaks which can be annoying but have more punch and SR2 are fuller, meatier, more even, more relaxed and natural albeit not as exciting and punchy.
Thank you very much, really detailed explanation! I ordered the SR2, I hope they will arrive as soon as possible! =)

Aug 26, 2020 at 1:31 PM Post #133 of 915
Just bought mine:
1598462932291.png

Will compare them when I get em on Friday (Hopefully) to my LCD2-Classics, Beyer T1.2s and my new ADX1000s. I always doubt the hype about new headphones, so hopefully I can help paint a clearer pictures to others :] I really do hope they are as good as the few owners are claiming, but we shall see soon enough!

Aug 26, 2020 at 8:43 PM Post #135 of 915
No kidding. Throughout the thread there have been many comments on how little it leaks for an open back. This isn't hard guys. Does it leak less than a Sennheiser 6 series... Pretty simple

The SR2 leaks 18db less than an 6XX at 12 inches away on axis.

Here's the method: I placed the headphones on a 4" thick yoga block. Clamping force on the yoga block was stock (no pressure from me) and pads were stock. I then played pink noise through each headphone adjusting the SPL to be 90db at the plane of the earpad inside, then measured the SPL on the outside 12 inches straight outward from the back of the cup mesh.

Here's the data:
6XX produced 73db of leakage.
SR2 produced 55db of leakage.

And for reference:
TH900 produced 52db of leakage
Ether CX produced 39db of leakage (these are notoriously well isolating)

Hope this helps you with your decision.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back