Ibasso SR2...... 🍀 🇺🇸...here 😳
Aug 24, 2020 at 3:24 PM Post #107 of 915
Received mine yesterday, burned them overnight, noticed that they are easily driven.
Listened to Fiona Apple's latest as well as Hamilton Leithauser (The Walkmen)'s latest.
Fiona has rich female vocals over varied instrumentation. Hamilton's are more of a rock instrumentation with a vocal style in the line of an early Rod Stewart but not as bluesy. Both albums sounded excellent.
Yes, new toy syndrome, but the sound is better than my recently acquired Dan Clark AEON 2 closed. Bigger sound stage, better low end with great defination and impact. Details are on the same league, with mids better on the SR2. Coming out of a Bryston BHA-1 balanced, fed by a RME ADI-2 Dac from the pc.
Niceness. That RME will drive these nicely too.

Aug 24, 2020 at 3:27 PM Post #108 of 915
Keep in mind that this is just the first observations on my part, and in no way are they a definitive statement.
Treble sounds good, extended, but not fatiguing. The treble has a nice clear crispness to it. To me it sounds very natural.
Listening to a female led group right now, I Break Horses, and her vocals are very dreamy, without the "ssh" one sometimes hears in female vocals. The electronically generated high end sounds very much like a natural instrument. The band is a Swedish duo, so I do not think they use a real drummer.
That's the thing about these headphones, they make music sound natural, the way it should.

Aug 25, 2020 at 5:41 PM Post #109 of 915
Alright, I just ordered my wp900, and I'm looking for one more phone to add to the stable. It's between this and the Beyerdynamic T5p 2nd generation. Can anyone provide some input, comparisons and contrasts between the two? My main genre is 70s and 80s hard rock and glam metal. George has been very helpful, answering my questions on his YouTube video.. Thank you George. As for the leakage, do these leak less than an Sennheiser 6 series?

Aug 25, 2020 at 6:32 PM Post #110 of 915
Waiting to pull the trigger on these but I still haven't seen much in the way of objective evaluations yet. From what I can gather they seem to have a more laid-back, natural presentation, pleasant on the ears but far from neutral. Hopefully we see some more reviews or measurements in the coming days!

Aug 25, 2020 at 8:20 PM Post #111 of 915
Alright, I just ordered my wp900, and I'm looking for one more phone to add to the stable. It's between this and the Beyerdynamic T5p 2nd generation. Can anyone provide some input, comparisons and contrasts between the two? My main genre is 70s and 80s hard rock and glam metal. George has been very helpful, answering my questions on his YouTube video.. Thank you George. As for the leakage, do these leak less than an Sennheiser 6 series?
I had the HD650 for a long time. It was its sale that partially funded these...I disliked those very much and these have more presence than those and the pads are 250% better than those velour pads, no comparison...HD650 aren’t even in the same ballpark as these.

Aug 25, 2020 at 8:23 PM Post #112 of 915
Waiting to pull the trigger on these but I still haven't seen much in the way of objective evaluations yet. From what I can gather they seem to have a more laid-back, natural presentation, pleasant on the ears but far from neutral. Hopefully we see some more reviews or measurements in the coming days!
I don’t find them anything but neutral...I find them very analytical which is why I like them very much...my current setup with one of the best solid state amps, feeds these in an extremely neutral fashion...what else is on your radar?

Aug 25, 2020 at 8:23 PM Post #113 of 915
I had the HD650 for a long time. It was its sale that partially funded these...I disliked those very much and these have more presence than those and the pads are 250% better than those velour pads, no comparison...HD650 aren’t even in the same ballpark as these.
Groovy, but that wasn't my question. My question was how much do these leak compared to the 600 series? It's the only open back I own to compare the leakage against.

Aug 25, 2020 at 8:50 PM Post #115 of 915
Too many
I did. Better seal, these are leather pads, those are velour.
No comparing these to an HD650
Lol. All you did was comment on how the pads are so much better than the Sennheiser pads. That tells me nada about leakage. I think I'll hold off on these until some actual reviews are published.

Aug 25, 2020 at 9:03 PM Post #118 of 915
Leakage? It's an open back. It's supposed to leak.
No kidding. Throughout the thread there have been many comments on how little it leaks for an open back. This isn't hard guys. Does it leak less than a Sennheiser 6 series... Pretty simple

Aug 25, 2020 at 9:24 PM Post #120 of 915
SR2 leaks very little. Actually leaks less then some of my closed backs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back