Ibasso SR2...... 🍀 🇺🇸...here 😳
Aug 15, 2020 at 5:55 AM Post #61 of 915
The only thing that burns in for some is one's brain. I got the Stellia a couple weeks ago and it sounds the same now as it did then. The same for my A2C and Elear. If headphones burned in the way people pretend they do, you'd see massive changes in frequency graphs but you never do.

Regarding cables, it's cool if the cable they provide doesn't have any real level of microphonics and other annoying issues but to imply regular stock cables are junk and this one is amazing is silly since while there can be differences in cables, it is minor unless a cable was built very poorly, not the night and day difference some pretend is there. The funny thing about the cable stuff is people seem to forget or ignore that cheap wire is used inside the cups to connect the drivers and there is going to be cheap wire and other pieces that are cheap in other parts of the chain. Furthermore, it makes no logical sense for headphone manufacturers to provide crap cables that make their headphones sound mediocre out of the box.

Despite the above, nice to see your enthusiasm for these cans even if you're being a bit hyperbolic with the praise and coming off as though these are TOTL level cans for mid-fi level pricing.

Just like the review of headphones
It will take me some time to address you’re note

Aug 16, 2020 at 8:55 PM Post #63 of 915
I'm not surpised that there aren't major reviews out yet. Review sites need time to review headphones, they need a week or more to listen and get comfortable with the headphone, this after the wait for the headphones after they have contacted the vendor, if getting a review sample, or the wait for delivery if purchased. If they have others in the que, the new ones may have to wait. I am sure that within 6 months or less, there will be many reviews. That is outside of users here on head-fi. This is a brand new headphone after all, that hasn't even hit the traditional retailers.

Aug 16, 2020 at 9:17 PM Post #64 of 915
you'd see massive changes in frequency graphs but you never do.

to imply regular stock cables are junk and this one is amazing is silly since while there can be differences in cables, it is minor unless a cable was built very poorly, not the night and day difference some pretend is there.

you're being a bit hyperbolic with the praise and coming off as though these are TOTL level cans for mid-fi level pricing.

First, burn in is real and legit in terms of the driver breaking in, not with all phones, like the HEDD for example...but the membrane does loosen up a bit giving more movement making the phones quicker over time...is it negligible, yes...is it legitimate yes...

Second, there “is” a noticeable difference when cable swapping...with all of my headphones, I swapped cables and it improved the SQ

The LCD2 was improved with the Whiplash cable, no doubt...

The ZMF Auteur, which had an awful stock ribbon cable, sounded like crap relative to the stock HEDD cable I swapped in to A/B test

The HEDD was improved significantly with a high end silver cable, leaps and bounds

This pair of headphones comes stock with an excellent silver plated copper cable that I bet would improve the sound of your Focal Stelia stock cable....

Lastly, are these TOTL, no...now this point is the same as the cable note...how much better is one set of cans to the next....how much “better” are the SR2 than others or how much “better” is the HEDD to the SR2

Are the HEDD better, in my opinion, yes...how much better, if the HEDD are a 10/10...than the SR2 is a 9/10, someone might say an 8.8/10...for the extra $1100, plus the $700 cable that’s on the HEDD...so $1800...is that worth the sonic improvement....well depends on your wallet...

This IBASSO SR2 is “stock” way better than any other midrange phone and beyond...the other thing is, is that it is “easy” to drive...now that’s another thing too...source source source...right?!
These are phenomenal cans that outperform the ZMF AUTEUR, Grado PS1000 and easily destroy the LCD2...I sold my LCD2 for the price of these and they aren’t in the same ballpark.

Yes. These are exciting headphones...they perform well beyond their midfi-pricepoint without question. I do enjoy listening to them very much...they are not fatiguing, are incredibly comfortable, light, have an amazing headband and complement my current setup perfectly. Even with my TOTL phones, I still want to listen to these just as much...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Aug 16, 2020 at 10:26 PM Post #67 of 915
What cables are these using? Are they easily replaceable? Like to run my cans balanced.

Aug 16, 2020 at 11:32 PM Post #68 of 915
What cables are these using? Are they easily replaceable? Like to run my cans balanced.

Yes. 3.5 to the HP

You could always reterminate, then get an adapter to run single ended again if you wanted.

Im working with Ted Allen on a set of balanced cables...best price / performance around for silver cables.

tedallen0220@gmail.com

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Aug 17, 2020 at 2:28 AM Post #70 of 915
Last edited:
Aug 20, 2020 at 2:33 PM Post #75 of 915
As promised, my review of the mighty SR2 is here!

I had a bit too much enthusiasm, but I still think I managed to be fair to them! :)

I have to admit that this is one of the few videos from you that I respect. It was good, although you didn't include any explanation behind your terms - but this is okay, especially considering that you have your own approach to reviews.

I have the SR2 too, and I have to say they are very much good. I have the EarMen TR-AMp driving them, and I have to say that there is audible noise when wanting to listen to them at louder levels. I am waiting for my Burson Audio Playmate to see how it handles the SR2.

I think it's the best stock table, and also the screw on 6.3 mm adapter is a very nice touch.
iBasso has been around for almost two decades, they never stopped focusing on quality. Pay attention to this company, they are not about any BS and are serious about their business.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back