Ibasso SR2...... 🍀 🇺🇸...here 😳
Jan 23, 2021 at 5:56 PM Post #331 of 915
Is it too big or small? I just now used the T2 on the crossmember in the image and it worked fine.

I am very sorry. The T2 works for me and didn't think to try a larger size as there was no need but the T4 fits snug and would be the correct size. I apologize for that.

T2 is too small. Have you managed to tighten yours so they don't always slide to the max?

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2021 at 6:48 PM Post #333 of 915
Jan 23, 2021 at 7:17 PM Post #335 of 915
You guys are talking about the silver screws, right? You can tighten them so they don't always slide to the max position?
Hey there,
Let me try to help you out.
Go to my review: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/ibasso-sr2.24689/reviews#item-review-24902
Scroll all the way to the end of my review and reveal the spoiler "Additional pictures and information" OR search in your browser (cmd + f) "Additional", it should pop up immediately.

Just look at the first photograph in the spoiler as a reference. Got it?

Okay. So, basically you do not screw/unscrew the headband holders, because they only hold the headband. What you want to do is adjust the headband holders to your preferred height, then take the headphones off of your head and do not move the headband holders. Once you set the headband holders to your preferred height/size, loosen (don't unscrew!) the "stoppers" (use my photo as a reference to the headphone parts). Slide the stoppers down, but first make sure they are loose enough so they don't scratch the rods. Once you moved them down to the point where they touch the headband stoppers, carefully tighten them.

Since I am a perfectionist, I wanted to make sure that the distance of the headband stoppers was equal on both sides (this is so the headphones sit evenly on your head). I did that by using a ruler (if you want to know about this in more detail, let me know). Once you have the stoppers in place, the headphones will stay put.

Hope I helped =)

Jan 23, 2021 at 7:23 PM Post #336 of 915
Just a heads up - I couldn't get my sliders tight enough to keep from moving while wearing. So I took VOJAs advice and adjusted the stoppers to where the sliders can't move upwards any longer. Perfect fit now every time I put them on.

Jan 24, 2021 at 12:29 AM Post #337 of 915
Just a heads up - I couldn't get my sliders tight enough to keep from moving while wearing. So I took VOJAs advice and adjusted the stoppers to where the sliders can't move upwards any longer. Perfect fit now every time I put them on.

How do you loosen and tighten the stoppers? I don't see any screws on them.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2021 at 1:24 AM Post #338 of 915
How do you loosen and tighten the stoppers? I don't see any screws on them.
Exactly the same as the sliders. Same T5 - pull the strap down a little and you will see the same screws in the same spot as the sliders. You don't have to loosen them much to move them.

Jan 31, 2021 at 4:32 PM Post #340 of 915
Ibasso everything
These are incredible headphones

they’ll play beautifully from any minimal source out...as they do from this IBM Lenovo headphone out

however with the D7 DAC to the PB1....lovely

The D7 is phantastic too...but I happen to be testing the PB1 which is currently for sale

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Feb 7, 2021 at 5:30 PM Post #342 of 915
Still loving these.
anyone else?
If a headphone or whatever was good, it still should be. :^) I use them every other day or so. I trade off with the Utopia, Stellia and a few others but they are right there, with the best at a faction of the price. That is out of the DX300, max or out of the Manley Absolute etc.

Mar 6, 2021 at 4:35 PM Post #343 of 915
I love my IT-07, does SR2 sound similar?
I own Klipsch HP3 and Final Pandora Hope VI, did anyone compare SR2 with them?

Mar 6, 2021 at 4:51 PM Post #344 of 915
I think they need a powerful AMP to sound their best. Drives most of my things to max volume for me to be happy, but I am a really loud listener :)

I'm using either DX220 MAX or aaDAC from Analog audio and they eat volume to half to almost max if I listen for me to be happy, not sure if I am just partially deaf, or if they really are that needy. On paper, they are not very needy.

S4X - thicker, warmer, more linear, less bass, less treble, a bit more detail in the mids, but also a bit more grainy in the mids. Treble is smoother and less exciting. Bass is more linear, not as much impact / quantity

SR2 - More natural, more bass, more impact, more treble quantity, more detail in bass and treble, less grainy, smoother textures, but still same detail. Not recommended for mastering in particular. Isolates more and leaks less. Somehow they are quite well isolating, not even close to the typical open-back.

happy to deliver!
@Dobrescu George Do you think Shanling M8 could Drive SR2?

Mar 6, 2021 at 4:55 PM Post #345 of 915
@Dobrescu George Do you think Shanling M8 could Drive SR2?
Yes, absolutely! iBasso SR2 is a high-sensitivity headphone, it can be powered by a normal phone/computer. The most important factor for a high-sensitivity headphone like the SR2 is that the noise floor of your source is low enough that the headphones do not pick up noise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back