Ibasso SR2...... 🍀 🇺🇸...here 😳
Aug 31, 2020 at 1:13 PM Post #167 of 915
No issues with the Headband but I did ask Paul and he pointed out that the side pieces above the sliding part are adjustable by loosening the Torx screws. I did that and made it an exact fit for my head but no real issue before that. The headband is extremely good IMO and better than some headphones I have that cost much more.

Regarding the LCD2 in comparison to the SR2. I listened all day yesterday to the LCD2 out of the Absolute amp then switched to the SR2. No way is the LCD2 more detailed and the SR2, to my ears, are more musical. The LCD2 I have are a special pick from Audeze out of a few LCD2 and represent very good sounding ones, that present a very good detail and delicacy to the sound.

Aug 31, 2020 at 2:52 PM Post #170 of 915
First time post here. After receiving these and the extra pads they looked similar to my Beyerdynamics. So I put the spare pads which came with the SR2 on my tygr 300r. They do fit! They have about the exact same size opening as the dekoni fenestrated sheepskin for the fostex TH series. So long story short if anyone is feeling like pad swapping then most beyer or TH series pads should work!!! I should point out I like the dekoni angled sheepskin on my tygrs better than the spare fenestrated sr2 pads. I was going to swap the pads that came on the sr2 but trying to get another pad on is slightly a pain but once I have more time and don’t want these things on my head I will see what pads do what!!

Aug 31, 2020 at 3:39 PM Post #171 of 915
I would really love to hear a comparison between these and a Sundara actually, if anyone here is planning on ordering these and owns one please do a comparison :]

Edit: Ok decided to send them back now. Having a full day back with my LCD2's I can more clearly see why I missed them so much. The SR2's as far as I am concerned are semi-open headphones, not open (Despite what iBasso claims) and when I put on the LCD2's its obvious. I missed the more open sound with everything having more room to breathe, its far too important for me to give up.

I'm glad people here can enjoy the SR2, they just aren't for me. Happy listening everyone, enjoy your cans!

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2020 at 3:57 PM Post #172 of 915
First hour/2h of listening here. I was expecting more from them. To me they sound too dark, slightly unclear mids which seem to be opening up quite a bit the more I listen. Upsampling to 768 18 bits (E30) with HQplayer on pcm does them a huge favor especially with some filters (but ymmv and it's a bit of a hassle to set-up). These seem to be especially a fitting pair for crappy mastered rock, hip hop, electronic music with no or little vocals (just because it seems like if you've heard a headphone do awesome vocals these are a little disappointing). They show signs of getting better with burn in. I've bought a meze balanced cable for them to run them on the qudelix 5k. I'm gonna come back after some more burn-in with updates.
The fact that my daily is a Q701 might have had something to do with them sounding so dark and unclear to me.

The second pair of pads is useless, you'll maybe test them and throw them back in the box. They do some good, clearing up the midrange and treble a good amount, but they kill the bass almost completely. I have pad swapped a bit (brainwavz xl pads are too big, brainwavz hm5 pads are too small and not round obv) and they are a nightmare to get pads on. There's a little notch at the top of the cup which I guess is supposed to help with that but still a considerable chore.
On the upside, the build is absolutely worth the money and they're easy to drive.

I think the sundara is a better buy on paper, but not for the L30 @Bboy500. The L30 is underpowered for planars. Not in terms of getting loud but the voltage output.

Sep 2, 2020 at 4:12 PM Post #174 of 915
First hour/2h of listening here. I was expecting more from them. To me they sound too dark, slightly unclear mids which seem to be opening up quite a bit the more I listen. Upsampling to 768 18 bits (E30) with HQplayer on pcm does them a huge favor especially with some filters (but ymmv and it's a bit of a hassle to set-up). These seem to be especially a fitting pair for crappy mastered rock, hip hop, electronic music with no or little vocals (just because it seems like if you've heard a headphone do awesome vocals these are a little disappointing). They show signs of getting better with burn in. I've bought a meze balanced cable for them to run them on the qudelix 5k. I'm gonna come back after some more burn-in with updates.
The fact that my daily is a Q701 might have had something to do with them sounding so dark and unclear to me.

The second pair of pads is useless, you'll maybe test them and throw them back in the box. They do some good, clearing up the midrange and treble a good amount, but they kill the bass almost completely. I have pad swapped a bit (brainwavz xl pads are too big, brainwavz hm5 pads are too small and not round obv) and they are a nightmare to get pads on. There's a little notch at the top of the cup which I guess is supposed to help with that but still a considerable chore.
On the upside, the build is absolutely worth the money and they're easy to drive.

I think the sundara is a better buy on paper, but not for the L30 @Bboy500. The L30 is underpowered for planars. Not in terms of getting loud but the voltage output.

You have no time on them. I would expect them to sound like that. Some of the most expensive headphones I have didn't sound great out of the box.

Sep 2, 2020 at 4:36 PM Post #176 of 915
Yeah, they're currently burning in my storage room running balanced from the qudelix. We'll see. When would you say yours started to become what they should be? 40h more or less?
I would say they started to open up around 25 hours, more or less but they continued to improve from there and I would say they were pretty level at a little over 100 hours. Listening to them now balanced out of the Manley Absolute amp. Super taught bass, that sounds really good but very good depth and separation. This is on some Grateful Dead live with a lot going on. Once broken in, I have never heard the SR2 compress or get congested sounding.

Sep 2, 2020 at 6:39 PM Post #177 of 915
I would say they started to open up around 25 hours, more or less but they continued to improve from there and I would say they were pretty level at a little over 100 hours. Listening to them now balanced out of the Manley Absolute amp. Super taught bass, that sounds really good but very good depth and separation. This is on some Grateful Dead live with a lot going on. Once broken in, I have never heard the SR2 compress or get congested sounding.

Here's hoping that treble/midrange open up/ clear a significant amount. I mean they're literally worse than the Blon Bl03 in every way. Which is either an amazing compliment to the blon's or ... let me just stop there. I don't want to think about having to return them. Also, Any eq tweaks on that fancy amp of yours?

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2020 at 8:07 PM Post #178 of 915
Here's hoping that treble/midrange open up/ clear a significant amount. I mean they're literally worse than the Blon Bl03 in every way. Which is either an amazing compliment to the blon's or ... let me just stop there. I don't want to think about having to return them. Also, Any eq tweaks on that fancy amp of yours?
I use them out of the DX220Max, DX220 etc., I never use EQ. I don't like it. Either something is right or isn't so EQ is not used. None of my amps have EQ.

Sep 4, 2020 at 8:10 PM Post #179 of 915
Fine, call 'em tone adjustments. Personally, I don't see why people get so offended about eq-ing. It's like refusing to adjust your chair even though you can, then buying 100 chairs just to find the right one. Then 100 chairs more just to be sure. Stupid way to spend your money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back