iBasso SR1 semi open Headphone. Limited production.
Apr 3, 2019 at 10:38 AM Post #916 of 1,046
Having the Dac/Amp FiiO K3 how much will improve the sound on the Ibasso SR1?

.. the sound will improve a lot imho lets say a huge step in quality to the fidelio.

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2019 at 10:41 AM Post #917 of 1,046
Hi guys, I need your help importantly!

First of all I want to mention that I have the Fidelio x2 headphones and the Dac/Amp FiiO K3 and I want to make a jump/improvement in sound quality buying a High-End headphones.

So searching for headphones, I found and I'm very interested on buy the Sennheiser HD 700 for 399 euros or the Ibasso SR1 for 500 euros and I do not know which to choose.
Looking for a lot of information about the Sennheiser HD 700, would be to my liking for the sound it has and for the aesthetic, and the Ibasso SR1 seems very good but as they are new there is not much information about them. So if someone who has tried the 2 headphones, Could you tell me if they are in the same range in sound quality or if one is better than another?, and well surely after all will be for tastes but maybe there is some difference in sound quality.

Thanks you very much!

Yup, we have a direct comparison with the HD700 on page 2 of our review :)

https://headfonics.com/2019/03/ibasso-sr1-review/

Apr 3, 2019 at 10:49 AM Post #918 of 1,046
Hi Marcus, welcome back from CanJam! .. hope your impressions of the PT1 pads are coming soon to complete your great review :wink:

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2019 at 11:01 AM Post #919 of 1,046
Hi Marcus, welcome back from CanJam! .. hope your impressions of the PT1 pads are coming soon to complete your great review :wink:

Yup, exhausting but a very rewarding trip. So many things being launched at the show, i needed maybe 4 days, missed a lot of booths on reflection. Yes, Pt1 pads are finally here and will be updating the review shortly!

Apr 17, 2019 at 7:56 AM Post #922 of 1,046
It is common. It happened to me after buying the headphones and the balanced cable. I Sent a message from the contact form and everything was OK.

After 2 days, you receive an email with a confirmation that your product has being shipped.

Anyone else received a 404 page when completing their order for the PT1 pads? Money has been send, but I haven't received a confirmation mail yet?

@Paul - iBasso You might want to check your thankyou page after payment has been completed.

Apr 17, 2019 at 4:56 PM Post #924 of 1,046
Anyone else using the SR1 with glasses? There doesn't seem to be that great of a seal with glasses on which kinda sucks as I can't see without them.
I always wear glasses, no issue at all. How big are your glasses?

Apr 18, 2019 at 12:40 AM Post #926 of 1,046
All pads of all headphones behave like this ... if you wear glasses the seal suffers more or less. If you dont like that you can send all headphones back. There is no cure in that regard.

Apr 18, 2019 at 2:31 AM Post #927 of 1,046
All pads of all headphones behave like this ... if you wear glasses the seal suffers more or less. If you dont like that you can send all headphones back. There is no cure in that regard.
I highly doubt this. This should only apply to semi-closed and closed designs, as I never had a problem with open cans.

Edit: Actually found a solution to this: I place the ends of the frame near the top of the pads. Looks a bit funny, but works! Might try some lambskin pads though.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2019 at 7:49 AM Post #928 of 1,046
Apr 18, 2019 at 10:54 AM Post #929 of 1,046
Better as stock .. 0,2 points .. nice! All the more I am really curious about them.
A pity just my PT1 pads are on the road to europe since 5 weeks and I am afraid they got lost somewhere...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back