iBasso SR1 semi open Headphone. Limited production.
Mar 22, 2019 at 11:04 PM Post #902 of 1,046
I have to give ibasso some serious credit. Ordered my pads on Tuesday. Received via dhl today. That’s like amazon prime but from China.

Mar 24, 2019 at 12:34 PM Post #903 of 1,046
Just joined the party on the SR1 (purchased from another member of this thread). Initial impressions are good. Not "angels crying" good, but a nice musical enjoyment sort of good.

Using CB15/4.4 with PT1 pads, DX200 and Amp 8. Have a very nice pure copper Atlas Zeno cable I want to try with my CMA400i desktop setup at some point, but enjoying the DX200 and CB15 so far.

Mar 24, 2019 at 2:44 PM Post #904 of 1,046
Just joined the party on the SR1 (purchased from another member of this thread). Initial impressions are good. Not "angels crying" good, but a nice musical enjoyment sort of good.

Using CB15/4.4 with PT1 pads, DX200 and Amp 8. Have a very nice pure copper Atlas Zeno cable I want to try with my CMA400i desktop setup at some point, but enjoying the DX200 and CB15 so far.
When you get a chance, mind comparing against the Cascade?

Mar 24, 2019 at 2:57 PM Post #905 of 1,046
I am enjoying mine as well. I actually cannot tell whether I prefer them to my trusty LCD2C or not but the fact that they are comparable is a complement. The bass slam of a dynamic driver is a nice change from the planar slam. I actually find them somewhat comparable with the perforated pads although the LCD2C is warmer and less resolving to my ears. The SR-1 is less forgiving with poor sources but they absolutely sing when connected to the Magni3 stack. Can barely get past 9 am on the pot. More listening to be done.

Mar 25, 2019 at 9:14 AM Post #906 of 1,046
.......... The SR-1 is less forgiving with poor sources but they absolutely sing when connected to the Magni3 stack. Can barely get past 9 am on the pot. More listening to be done.
Same impression here, the SR1 deserves some addition to the outside written <<high definition headphone>> like <<high definition reference headfone>>
good sources are just wonderful, I love the signature giving a very revealing insight to the music without loosing musicality... just but bad sources are making a bit less fun than with lots of other phones :wink:

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2019 at 9:49 AM Post #907 of 1,046
Too bad there is only 500 of these and yup, need to hear them now with the PT1 pads which I hope I can get soon enough to complete my opinion. Other than that this surprised me with how good it was for a first-time headphone launch from iBasso.

https://headfonics.com/2019/03/ibasso-sr1-review/2/

fb-small.jpg

Mar 28, 2019 at 10:18 AM Post #908 of 1,046
Too bad there is only 500 of these and yup, need to hear them now with the PT1 pads which I hope I can get soon enough to complete my opinion. Other than that this surprised me with how good it was for a first-time headphone launch from iBasso.

https://headfonics.com/2019/03/ibasso-sr1-review/2/
Great review! You definitely need to try them out with the PT1s and a good cable.

I could hardly stand the stock SR1s' bass bloat, but with their great mids and treble I could tell the driver was something special. Two things took them to the next level: the PT1s and a type 2 silver litz cable. Gotta do the cable upgrade, as the stock cable emphasizes lower mids and upper bass.

Looking forward to your take :)

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2019 at 2:25 AM Post #910 of 1,046
I would like to know how silicone suspension drivers behaves with time. Speakers normally use rubber and this material lasts around 30 - up to maybe 40 years retaining the flexibility.
If the material is hardening with time and age there is a huge impact in sound for sure. How this silicone suspension really behaves with time, is it as durable as rubber?
I am pretty curious about this aspect and maybe @Paul - iBasso will bring some light in the question of longevity

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2019 at 4:49 PM Post #912 of 1,046
Hi guys, I need your help importantly!

First of all I want to mention that I have the Fidelio x2 headphones and the Dac/Amp FiiO K3 and I want to make a jump/improvement in sound quality buying a High-End headphones.

So searching for headphones, I found and I'm very interested on buy the Sennheiser HD 700 for 399 euros or the Ibasso SR1 for 500 euros and I do not know which to choose.
Looking for a lot of information about the Sennheiser HD 700, would be to my liking for the sound it has and for the aesthetic, and the Ibasso SR1 seems very good but as they are new there is not much information about them. So if someone who has tried the 2 headphones, Could you tell me if they are in the same range in sound quality or if one is better than another?, and well surely after all will be for tastes but maybe there is some difference in sound quality.

Thanks you very much!

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2019 at 6:32 PM Post #913 of 1,046
Hi guys, I need your help importantly!

First of all I want to mention that I have the Fidelio x2 headphones and the Dac/Amp FiiO K3 and I want to make a jump/improvement in sound quality buying a High-End headphones.

So searching for headphones, I found and I'm very interested on buy the Sennheiser HD 700 for 399 euros or the Ibasso SR1 for 500 euros and I do not know which to choose.
Looking for a lot of information about the Sennheiser HD 700, would be to my liking for the sound it has and for the aesthetic, and the Ibasso SR1 seems very good but as they are new there is not much information about them. So if someone who has tried the 2 headphones, Could you tell me if they are in the same range in sound quality or if one is better than another?, and well surely after all will be for tastes but maybe there is some difference in sound quality.

Thanks you very much!
Can't comment on the HD700 from personal experience but a lot of folks seem to say they are not Senns best effort. Can tell you SR1 is worth every bit of the retail asking price. I'm not an audiophile so I won't to offer a lengthy review. Recently, I have owned Aeon Flow Open, Nightowl, SR1 and LCD2C and my opinion is that the SR1 is the best of the bunch overall with the LCD2C being a very close second.

Apr 3, 2019 at 9:27 AM Post #915 of 1,046
Can't comment on the HD700 from personal experience but a lot of folks seem to say they are not Senns best effort. Can tell you SR1 is worth every bit of the retail asking price. I'm not an audiophile so I won't to offer a lengthy review. Recently, I have owned Aeon Flow Open, Nightowl, SR1 and LCD2C and my opinion is that the SR1 is the best of the bunch overall with the LCD2C being a very close second.

Ah okay, thank you for your answer.

Having the Dac/Amp FiiO K3 how much will improve the sound on the Ibasso SR1?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back