iBasso SR1 semi open Headphone. Limited production.
Dec 27, 2018 at 1:46 AM Post #512 of 1,046
I believe ibasso will make more those perforated pads for their SR1s to satisfy the consumers who bought their headphones. :wink:

Sounds good to me. I also ordered the, but had a small issue with mine and have to return them but I love these nonetheless. I just have not had a chance to really enjoy them yet because I was in the hospital and had them packaged to return. Can't wait to listen to these everyday.

Dec 27, 2018 at 2:31 AM Post #513 of 1,046
Dec 27, 2018 at 6:43 AM Post #516 of 1,046
Ibasso made limited number of Perforated pads for SR-1. You can contact @Paul - iBasso for inquiries. I also believe it is $25 as I just asked now

Done, of course.
I love the stock pads comfort, they’re perfect so I’d love to get them as well :D

Dec 27, 2018 at 7:29 AM Post #517 of 1,046
Ibasso made limited number of Perforated pads for SR-1. You can contact @Paul - iBasso for inquiries

I also believe it is $25 as I just asked now
That is an unbelievable price. JUST $25!!! Like I said, they just stay loyal to their customers with their very reasonable pricing strategy. How can you not support these guys???

It's getting harder and harder for me to take a pass on these HPs. And I just picked up a pair of TH900. Any chance the pads are interchangeable between these two headphones? Decisions, decisions, decisions...

Dec 27, 2018 at 8:18 AM Post #518 of 1,046
20181227_190318.jpg

I close pin holes that I made to once more see how it sounds.
Narrower sound stage.
Less crisp of treble. Less high extend
Upper bass hit harder.

With stock pad, make pin holes is good idea for me.

Will order new ibasso perforate pad. But, I guess it will sound as stock pad combine with pin holes.

Dec 27, 2018 at 10:21 AM Post #519 of 1,046
Are the inside measurements of these new custom perforated pads wider / taller than stock? With stock pads, fully extended, these did not quite reach my ears. If the pads have 1/2 inch more diameter in those ways, there is a chance they could fully reach my ears now. That is all that has kept me from ordering them, the reach of the earcups on those with longer heads.

Dec 27, 2018 at 10:28 AM Post #520 of 1,046
Are the inside measurements of these new custom perforated pads wider / taller than stock? With stock pads, fully extended, these did not quite reach my ears. If the pads have 1/2 inch more diameter in those ways, there is a chance they could fully reach my ears now. That is all that has kept me from ordering them, the reach of the earcups on those with longer heads.

Same as stock pads, the bigger pads would have to be Brainwazv

Dec 27, 2018 at 12:17 PM Post #521 of 1,046
On top of that, the CB12S 4.4mm is also an excellent match for the SR-1. The 2 things that makes it worth buying already is

1/ very soft, flexible, lightweight

2/ Microphonic is minimized by a huge margin in comparison to the stock cables. ***sound performances*** ? The SR-1 is sensitive toward cables upgrade and so the differences in sound performances is definitely observable, which I will get into more details later

I enjoy this portable system so much more! It is worth every pennies and some more.

Seriously, for this price, if you don’t scoop up the SR-1, you are missing out so much. I literally meant it.

where did you purchase the plastic adapter (grey), that attaches to the MMCX end of you CB12s-4.4mm? I bought the dedicated Cb15 cable from ibasso, thinking that the CB12S cables would not work. The stock cable has some serious microphonics (which I dislike very much). Also has that 4.4mm mmcx been released yet, or have you received a special release as a reviewer? Thanks

FYI if you want a pair of these, better order soon. 441/450 ordered on 12/20

Dec 27, 2018 at 12:20 PM Post #522 of 1,046
where did you purchase the plastic adapter (grey), that attaches to the MMCX end of you CB12s-4.4mm? I bought the dedicated Cb15 cable from ibasso, thinking that the CB12S cables would not work. The stock cable has some serious microphonics (which I dislike very much). Also has that 4.4mm mmcx been released yet, or have you received a special release as a reviewer? Thanks

FYI if you want a pair of these, better order soon. 441/450 ordered on 12/20

There are no adapters used. This is stock CB12S 4.4mm straight into the SR-1

Dec 27, 2018 at 12:24 PM Post #523 of 1,046
My SR1 (number 197) arrived today. Matches well with WM1A especially in the balanced mode. All my 4.4mm china cables fit well. Will test if it scales at RME ADI2PRO. Sound signature is fun and engaging but completely different to the only other overheads I have currently - HD800. I would say they are complementary and it would not be easy to decide which one to keep. I will use both for some time.
Somehow remindes me Beyerdynamic DT1770Pro I owned before but more comfortable and with wider soundstage. Looking forward to test perforated pads too.

Dec 27, 2018 at 12:34 PM Post #524 of 1,046
My SR1 (number 197) arrived today. Matches well with WM1A especially in the balanced mode. All my 4.4mm china cables fit well. Will test if it scales at RME ADI2PRO. Sound signature is fun and engaging but completely different to the only other overheads I have currently - HD800. I would say they are complementary and it would not be easy to decide which one to keep. I will use both for some time.
Somehow remindes me Beyerdynamic DT1770Pro I owned before but more comfortable and with wider soundstage. Looking forward to test perforated pads too.
Defintely a compliment to 800S from my view. Mine is 365, so it appears that these are shipped out randomly :D

Dec 27, 2018 at 12:49 PM Post #525 of 1,046
Another quick feedback. SR1 is so fun with EDM and Metal, this is exactly what I have missed in HD800. Things like Infected Mushroom and Younger Brother sound amazing. Interestingly I like SR1 better out of WM1A, analytical/neutral ADI2 Pro does not improve my experience. Bass is deep but snappy. HD800 with some EQing at ADI produces more structered mid/upper bass but does not go anywhere so deep.
I think there is a dip in the upper mids or bass is slightly overpowering the mids, looking forward to the perforated pads which will probably improve this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back