iBasso SR1 semi open Headphone. Limited production.
Dec 11, 2018 at 1:08 PM Post #421 of 1,046
Oh yeah I am a returning customer I know the drill, I am so used to their blazing fast shipping that I might be over reacting :p
We have you covered. Your SR1 has shipped but I don't have the tracking number yet. Soon it should be to you! And, Enjoy the Music!

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Dec 11, 2018 at 1:08 PM Post #422 of 1,046
Dave, you are going to love love love these beauties. I took a chance on them and was rewarded copiously. Can't wait to hear your impressions!

I am sure I will!

I trust your impressions as well as @twister6, @Whitigir, @jamato8 that's too many good savvy people praising those and it arrived just when I was looking to get back to the full sized world :) And I fully trust iBasso, I still can't believe how good the DX120 is for the price!

I'll probably write a review for the SR1 not just impressions, could take time as I am also getting the KSE1500 next sunday and that baby is going to want my attention as well... I have a plan, SR1 for the day, KSE for nights eh eh

We have you covered. Your SR1 has shipped but I don't have the tracking number yet. Soon it should be to you! And, Enjoy the Music!

I know you do! Thanks Paul, sweet news to my ears :D

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2018 at 1:09 PM Post #423 of 1,046
I'm interested in these but this entire thread sounds like a paid advertisement. I still have no idea what these sound like outside my interpretation of the graph posted earlier since half the impressions contradict one another (wide sound stage, no sound stage, leaks sound, doesn't leak sound, neutral, bassy, etc).
First of all please understand, that everyone has different hearing, different equipment and different expectations ! For myself yes they have a fairly wide soundstage with depth, not hd 800 wide. Again your electronics also has a role to play in this. Yes these leak sound, like most open phones, this is just the nature of the design, not a flaw. By my definition they are very balanced in the frequency ranges with good sub-bass, no mid-bass hump. I am sure some people hear things differently. That does not mean the headphones are different just are hearing and expectations !

Dec 11, 2018 at 1:25 PM Post #424 of 1,046
Can anyone compare these to the Focal Elex?

Dec 12, 2018 at 12:18 AM Post #425 of 1,046
I'm interested in these but this entire thread sounds like a paid advertisement. I still have no idea what these sound like outside my interpretation of the graph posted earlier since half the impressions contradict one another (wide sound stage, no sound stage, leaks sound, doesn't leak sound, neutral, bassy, etc).
lmao shouldn't that have been the other way around? if they're paying for those reviews, clearly it's not working as demonstrated by the lack of clear vision of the sound, confusing potential customers like you instead. I don't get the logic honestly.

Dec 12, 2018 at 11:54 AM Post #426 of 1,046
Unusual from DHL, my package is stuck at "Shipment information received" hope I'll get it this week nonetheless!

Edit : At last, shipment picked up today should get them tomorrow :D

Edit 2 : Or not... shipment on hold :frowning2: First time I order a product at iBasso and might not get it a week after... usually ordering sunday meant getting it tuesday or wednesday. All good things come to those who wait they say.

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2018 at 5:28 AM Post #427 of 1,046
Maybe a bit stupid question but will the iBasso CB13 balanced cable work with these?

Dec 13, 2018 at 5:07 PM Post #429 of 1,046
Welcome to Head-Fi. Check also the Focal Elegia thread.

Dec 14, 2018 at 8:24 AM Post #430 of 1,046
Looks like I won't get the SR1 today... first time ever an iBasso order will take more than one week to reach me... monday then...

Dec 14, 2018 at 12:36 PM Post #431 of 1,046
Looks like I won't get the SR1 today... first time ever an iBasso order will take more than one week to reach me... monday then...

We should rename this thread to davidmolliere's iBasso SR1 shipping status play by play.

Wanna just throw up the tracking # so we can all stay on the same page? The anticipation is killing us.

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2018 at 12:38 PM Post #432 of 1,046
We should rename this thread to davidmolliere's iBasso SR1 shipping status play by play.

Yeah well I am impatient by nature!
Since you're asking the package is in Leipzig :wink:

Next updates will be detailed impressions and then a review :D

Dec 14, 2018 at 1:18 PM Post #434 of 1,046
Now, did your ear pads arrive yet ? I enjoy sr1 , Amp8 and dx200Ti every night since I upgraded the pads :D

The pads arrive tomorrow way before the headphone lol... well, I'll get the KSE1500 before the SR1 now :p

Dec 17, 2018 at 6:32 AM Post #435 of 1,046
And... it finally arrived, number 443

258DCBC6-82C6-4DCB-BAC5-F6763C07A642.jpeg

Plugged into the 1Z / ALO CV5 stack those babies need more power than I thought, high gain required on the CV5.

Now off to listening but very early impressions are very good looks like iBasso did it again very musical reference signature... beautiful!

Kudos @Paul - iBasso and team :D

One thing struck me is how fast the driver is, transients are pretty good!

8A3C5F5A-0BB7-49BB-AADC-BE4E93CC530A.jpeg

Edit : after some more listening I must say, I am surprised I could even get one, this thing should be sold out at this price IT’S A STEAL !!! Heck at even higher prices it’s a steal as well... clearly competes with headphones at least 3x its price... wow

I see no other explanation than iBasso wanting to put themselves on the map for future headphones showing what they can do and man, keep and eye on them they’re coming for you! I have not even pad rolled to @Whitigir perforated pads or my MMCX cables and already I am happy.

Also, I just got the KSE1500 yesterday and I thought the SR1 would not get a lot of listening time right away... well, I haven’t been able to put them down so far! The SR1 are both technically impressive and very musical and fun. It really hits a sweet spot in terms of tuning...

What’s the consensus on burning in the SR1?
They sound so great right out of the box....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back