iBasso P3 Heron
Sep 8, 2008 at 12:20 PM Post #31 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by evilmerlin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is the ability to roll opamps worth that much?

Anyone who owns or has owned a Viper will say yes. Some have even claimed a Viper can match Predator/Pico-like performance with the right combo of opamps. Although my sig says I own one, I haven't tried rolling opamps yet as the unit just arrived in the mail this morning... but I will...
biggrin.gif

Sep 8, 2008 at 12:37 PM Post #32 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by Luminette /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why is the battery swapping such an issue if you just charge them while they're left inside there anyhow? I never understand this complaint when they are chargable while left inside

I'm wondering, though, if the current from those batteries will equal that of a 9v route

or a 2x 9v route.

Any battery knowledgables know how the 6 aaa compares to both 1 and 2 9v as far as current?

And for comparable Lithium ion batteries in other portable amps, too

Wondering what is really the optimal choice from the designers perspective - size / weight relatively backseat considerations

If you're not going to swap batteries why bother with removeable batteries? would be better to have Li-Ion battery pack inside.

2x 9V would make for a much larger Amp housing.

Voltage wise, you'd have 7.2V - 9V with 6x AAA's depending on whether you use NiMH or Alkalines. Would also depend on whether all 6 are in series or not.

-Ed

Sep 8, 2008 at 1:13 PM Post #33 of 65
Head-fi is worst than drugs man, well maybe not. I don't know. I quit.

Sep 8, 2008 at 1:45 PM Post #35 of 65
To be honest I have spent at least 20 hours the past three days on this website, it's crazy. I've only been an SR 80 owner for a month now and already going to upgrade to the RS 2 within a few weeks...
In my head I've already 'upgraded' several times, from brand to brand and type to type, haha it's truly amazing.
First I wanted to get the 325i first but after doing some serious research I reckon the RS 2 will do everything I want it/her to do. Apart from casual sex.
biggrin.gif

Right, back on topic then

Sep 8, 2008 at 2:08 PM Post #36 of 65
Wait till you actually start selling your "old" gear to fund something new.

I actually just sold a desktop amp recently that I was planning to pocket the money for something in the future but I guess it will probably go straight to this amp. :p

Sep 8, 2008 at 2:37 PM Post #37 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by gideonMorrison /img/forum/go_quote.gif
First I wanted to get the 325i first but after doing some serious research I reckon the RS 2 will do everything I want it/her to do. Apart from casual sex.
biggrin.gif

Right, back on topic then

Oh I bet to differ, use your imagination and anything can happen! I can't say much for its resale value after though... bleh

Sep 8, 2008 at 11:44 PM Post #41 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by isao2k8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
iBasso told me that future products from them except P3 would have charging circuit. Then I've been afraid to buy 6 rechargeables + big charger with 8 slots...aagh

Because there's no point having a internal charging circuit if you're gonna use user-replaceable batteries, seriously.

Sep 9, 2008 at 4:11 AM Post #42 of 65
no way

I love charging my rechargables inside of my iQube and not having to bother with anything

How is there no use for a charging circuit inside an amp just because they are user replacable. How is charging it there different from charging it with your rechargable battery bay?

Sep 9, 2008 at 4:49 AM Post #43 of 65
I'm not sure about the charging circuit in the iQube but I know that for the its really really slow for Mini^3 hence the requirement for separate (and faster) charger.

Personally for me, the main draw of having user replacable batteries is that I don't have to worry about an internal battery dying and I can't replace it. Plus if it runs of out of juice, I can just buy em of the shelf and use it.

Sep 9, 2008 at 4:52 AM Post #44 of 65
"How is charging it there different from charging it with your rechargable battery bay?"

There are those who are very serious about their batteries and chargers. Why charge expensive high performance batteries in a generic charger that will shorten its performance and life cycle.

Sep 9, 2008 at 9:56 AM Post #45 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by Luminette /img/forum/go_quote.gif
no way

I love charging my rechargables inside of my iQube and not having to bother with anything

How is there no use for a charging circuit inside an amp just because they are user replacable. How is charging it there different from charging it with your rechargable battery bay?

Because you gotta wait for your amp to fully charge your battery before you use it again. Otherwise it'll just damage the battery if you charge half way through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back