iBasso OEM Project
Apr 2, 2009 at 2:03 AM Post #106 of 497
Well listening to the Prototype right now and it is good and very, very much worth the price of admission.

Apr 2, 2009 at 7:28 AM Post #107 of 497
I'm new to head-fi and I think I'm starting to get the bug now.
bigsmile_face.gif

This project looks interesting guys.

Apr 3, 2009 at 4:46 PM Post #108 of 497
Hi all
icon10.gif

John,
I've forgotten one thing to advise you about its price.

[size=medium]It raises up $20 due to changing the AC to DC adapter for transformer type.[/size]

The adapter which you are using now is switching type, that provides 110kHz noise to this amp (I actually observed).
I requested them to change that for transformer type.
But they advised me about awful quality in it with this photo.
p3c-project

Then they proposed me about improving its quality with new schematic which they designed to make clean supply.
And I accepted their proposal, but requires more $20 expenditure
redface.gif

Apr 3, 2009 at 5:13 PM Post #109 of 497
For the sound and ability to morph this amp in so many ways it is worth it. This amp will surprise people with the sound quality. A good transformer based adapter will be a welcome addition. I think this amp will rival many home amps.

Apr 3, 2009 at 8:04 PM Post #110 of 497
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For the sound and ability to morph this amp in so many ways it is worth it. This amp will surprise people with the sound quality. A good transformer based adapter will be a welcome addition. I think this amp will rival many home amps.

Just what I wanted to hear

Apr 4, 2009 at 5:10 AM Post #111 of 497
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sounds like something big.
wink.gif

Apr 8, 2009 at 8:48 AM Post #114 of 497
I have been looking forward to this as well.

Where are the pictures??????

Apr 8, 2009 at 11:28 PM Post #115 of 497
I can tell you this, when it gets into the hands of those who bought it or will buy it, there will be some very happy and surprised people. The sound quality is exceptional.

No case yet to image. There are things still to finalize. The size will be about that of the D1 iBasso. That this amp runs at a higher than most DC voltage (for portables) and good supply of current, should satisfy most all headphones. The gain settings, which are 3, are all very effective and the bass adjustment is well implemented.

Apr 9, 2009 at 9:58 AM Post #116 of 497
seems like a lot of PRII in this amp; thats not an accusation, just an observation as I know its been the result of a lot of input from Head-fi and ibasso. By the sounds of it, it will be about the same size as well. not that that is a bad thing at all as the PRII was/is an exceptional amp

Apr 9, 2009 at 12:27 PM Post #117 of 497
Quote:

Originally Posted by slwiser /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where are the pictures??????

p3c-project

The amp which John is testing with.
p3c-project

And Blackgate version will be shipped to him soon.
p3c-project

This is what he is waiting for; HA-5002.

Quote:

Originally Posted by average_joe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is it too late to get in on the group buy?

Preorder for 1st production had closed since last November.
The beginning of 2nd will be up to iBasso's production schedule.

Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
seems like a lot of PRII in this amp; thats not an accusation, just an observation as I know its been the result of a lot of input from Head-fi and ibasso. By the sounds of it, it will be about the same size as well. not that that is a bad thing at all as the PRII was/is an exceptional amp

First, I'm respecting philosophy of PPL.
His work is precise, and very close to people who is making effort to understand his amp.
PRII has exceptional appearance and sophisticated enclosure,
LISAIII is giving opened source and incredible architecture in it (this amp is also opened....see below).

(This is permited; push to enlarge)
But local feedback is omitted by final update, because it's needless.
It was very difficult task to reduce DC in output w/o DC servo.
I applied architecture which is resembled A47.
The architecture has double compensation caps to prevent oscillation.
That makes forwarding phases with double crossover, and miracle sound for me.

May 16, 2009 at 4:58 PM Post #119 of 497
To my ear, this amp has the quality sound of a very good home amp in all areas. It is excellent sounding and I haven't heard the Black Gate version. The openness to the sound is exciting in that you can "hear with a minds eye" the space in the recording venue, which in turn affords for a very good placement of instruments and people. It is the best portable I have ever heard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back