iBasso IT04 IEM, 4 Drivers. Enjoy the Music! Release: July 2, 2018
Jun 30, 2018 at 12:30 AM Post #526 of 1,733
Have some FR graphs surfaced?

Jun 30, 2018 at 12:32 AM Post #527 of 1,733
My it03 has been resting for a year now. When is it releasing? Someone say better than iem from $1200-$3600... ho lalala.. this is a very powerful claim. I will have to hear it.. it’s a must. I want to see if it can dethrone the KSE 1500 with a 499 price iem.

Me too. Should post my kse in FS thread if that result is true to me :)

Jun 30, 2018 at 1:50 AM Post #531 of 1,733
I live in Italy, so I guess I can't order from their website because of the customs duty :/

I live in Italy too, and over the years I ordered quite a few bits of gear directly from Ibasso... from memory, at least the DX50, DX90 and DX80. Never had a problem :) (which may not mean it WON'T happen, but it does mean that I plan to order the IT04 directly from Ibasso, me :) )

Jun 30, 2018 at 2:54 AM Post #532 of 1,733
I'm almost embarrassed to admit it cuz "sound above all else," but is anyone else almost totally turned off by the "in tune" logo? It reminds me of KZs frequent Chinese non sequitur branding fails...My heart sank when I saw it...
Hear hear.
"Starf*cks Coffee". "Dolec&Banana".

I definitely prefer just plain brand logos too. In fact, 95% of my wearables have no words on them; they are either plain, with the brands' signature plaid patterns, colour gradients or colour schemes, or have stripes that people can recognise without needing to read them off from legible lettering. Or they just sport simple logo of the brand.

Those who know, they know...
Unless of course, we're talking about Japanese/Korean brands that just literally have words in their signature fonts as the brand logo.

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2018 at 8:29 AM Post #533 of 1,733
Has anyone heard anything about limited releases of the woody version that was shown way back when? I thought I remember that it was said that was a design exploration and would not make it to production. But have been hearing rumors of a limited ed. Would love to see that and see if the wood changes the signature any.

Jul 1, 2018 at 9:03 AM Post #536 of 1,733
Hmm... They kinda look too uncannily similar to Shozy Star II. At least on the outer surface. Oh, and it doesn't have a worded label.
Wonder if we could pit them against each other in a death-match.

Jul 1, 2018 at 5:56 PM Post #537 of 1,733
How's the bass compare to IT01?

IT04 bass is more neutral in comparison to IT01 bass. IT01 goes deeper and slams harder, and has a longer decay, while in comparison, IT04 does go deep but has less rumble in sub-bass and leaner impact, with a noticeably shorter decay. I know, it suppose to be the same driver (@Paul - iBasso can you confirm please?), but I assume their crossover keeping it under a tighter control.

Btw, since I was looking at IT01 vs IT04, I also flipped their cables, trying pure copper with IT04, and found it gives bass a little more impact, definitely hits a little harder, but also I found the perception of the soundstage to get a little narrower in comparison to using CB12s cable.

Also, per previous comments, as I mentioned before the Cons had "bump in price" because I originally meant it as a short comparison between IT03 and IT04, not a full IT04 review. So, I updated the review with a suggestion of the Cons as premium case would be nice and mmcx connector is tight. I know, many won't be cable rolling IT04, but if you do, the joint of the connector is tight and aluminum housing of 2pin connector is a bit slippery to get a good grip.

Jul 1, 2018 at 7:47 PM Post #538 of 1,733
Well I know I have refreshed the iBasso Page way too many times already :triportsad: ...checking to see if these got put on the site early in the a.m seeing it’s The 2nd there already.
Nothing yet.

Jul 2, 2018 at 5:03 AM Post #539 of 1,733
IT04 bass is more neutral in comparison to IT01 bass. IT01 goes deeper and slams harder, and has a longer decay, while in comparison, IT04 does go deep but has less rumble in sub-bass and leaner impact, with a noticeably shorter decay. I know, it suppose to be the same driver (@Paul - iBasso can you confirm please?), but I assume their crossover keeping it under a tighter control.

Btw, since I was looking at IT01 vs IT04, I also flipped their cables, trying pure copper with IT04, and found it gives bass a little more impact, definitely hits a little harder, but also I found the perception of the soundstage to get a little narrower in comparison to using CB12s cable.

Also, per previous comments, as I mentioned before the Cons had "bump in price" because I originally meant it as a short comparison between IT03 and IT04, not a full IT04 review. So, I updated the review with a suggestion of the Cons as premium case would be nice and mmcx connector is tight. I know, many won't be cable rolling IT04, but if you do, the joint of the connector is tight and aluminum housing of 2pin connector is a bit slippery to get a good grip.

@twister6 Do you have access to a CB13 cable? I'd be interested to hear your impressions of the IT04 with CB13 :)

Jul 2, 2018 at 8:18 AM Post #540 of 1,733
@twister6 Do you have access to a CB13 cable? I'd be interested to hear your impressions of the IT04 with CB13 :)

With CB13, tonality is very similar, just the perception of soundstage is a little more holographic and mids presentation more forward. I just went back'n'forth a few times, with CB13 I do hear a little less bass impact, but I think it's because mids are a little more forward in this pair up. Oh, and rubbery 2pin housing connectors of CB13 are a lot easier to handle when disconnecting the cable, you get a better grip :wink: ... actually, from my experience, connectors should loosen up a bit after a number of connects/disconnects; just in this case I haven't been cable rolling too much, stock cable is fine with me.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back