iBasso IT04 IEM, 4 Drivers. Enjoy the Music! Release: July 2, 2018
Jun 29, 2018 at 2:43 PM Post #511 of 1,733
Anyone know where to preorder them in the US?

I haven't heard or seen anywhere yet. You can always watch for them to become available on the iBasso site. Quick shipping and usually less than $25 for DHL. For me in Florida it's usually 3-5 days once they ship.

Jun 29, 2018 at 5:25 PM Post #513 of 1,733
Well I’m excited for the 2nd...:L3000:

Jun 29, 2018 at 6:42 PM Post #515 of 1,733
Sorry guys/gals for the delay, IT04 review is done and published, and soon will be posted on Head-fi. In a meantime, enjoy the read here.

ibasso_it04-x06.jpg

Jun 29, 2018 at 9:11 PM Post #517 of 1,733
Jun 29, 2018 at 9:19 PM Post #518 of 1,733
Sorry guys/gals for the delay, IT04 review is done and published, and soon will be posted on Head-fi. In a meantime, enjoy the read here.

Thanks for the review. I'm glad you compared to Andro, that was my main curiosity. Hmm I may actually not order the IT04 after reading that, I was hoping they weren't thinner sounding than the Andro.

Jun 29, 2018 at 9:36 PM Post #519 of 1,733

Thanks for another great review. They are intriguing. I'm currently using the IT03 with the CB12s and DX200/AMP4s. I'm sure the IT04 are still quite a step up though.

Jun 29, 2018 at 10:07 PM Post #520 of 1,733
Thanks for the review. I'm glad you compared to Andro, that was my main curiosity. Hmm I may actually not order the IT04 after reading that, I was hoping they weren't thinner sounding than the Andro.

That's what it's all about, not finding the best iem, but finding the best iem for you to enjoy the music :) Yes, Andro's lower end is thicker and the sound is more colored, while IT04 is more transparent, more balanced, and more revealing in comparison. IT04 sound is not thin at all, but it's leaner in a relative comparison to Andro.

Jun 29, 2018 at 10:38 PM Post #521 of 1,733
That's what it's all about, not finding the best iem, but finding the best iem for you to enjoy the music :) Yes, Andro's lower end is thicker and the sound is more colored, while IT04 is more transparent, more balanced, and more revealing in comparison. IT04 sound is not thin at all, but it's leaner in a relative comparison to Andro.
That's.... Intriguing. As a new Andromeda owner, I absolutely positively would have thought you mixed up the it04 and Andromeda in your comparison.

So you're saying the $500 it04 is more revealing, has better separation and a wider soundstage than the $1100, world renowned, Andromeda? That's a bold claim....

One question aside from that, in your testing with the hiby r6, did you use ifi IEmatch? Or did you simply go straight balanced out?

Nice review, it certainly has me intrigued now...

Jun 29, 2018 at 10:47 PM Post #522 of 1,733
Alex, my friend, you are making it difficult for me to ignore these. Great review!

Jun 29, 2018 at 11:40 PM Post #524 of 1,733
That's.... Intriguing. As a new Andromeda owner, I absolutely positively would have thought you mixed up the it04 and Andromeda in your comparison.

So you're saying the $500 it04 is more revealing, has better separation and a wider soundstage than the $1100, world renowned, Andromeda? That's a bold claim....

One question aside from that, in your testing with the hiby r6, did you use ifi IEmatch? Or did you simply go straight balanced out?

Nice review, it certainly has me intrigued now...

With iEMatch, IT04 pair up with R6 has a little softer bass, doesn't hit as hard as connected directly. But other than this change, everything else sounds close with and w/o iEMatch.

Regarding IT04 and Andromeda, those are two different signatures, different tuning, etc. And as you know, price has absolutely no effect on comparison to determine which one is better. Two weeks ago I reviewed $10k oBravo RA iem... 'nough said :wink: Here, I'm using a 2 year old pair of Andros with Ref8 cable (actually need to wiggle the right earpiece cable since mmcx connection is intermittent), don't even know where the original SPC cable since I reviewed it two summers ago. Campfire IEMs have a specific sound sig, with sound being thicker in the lower end, less transparent (more colored), more low end emphasis, all of which will affect the perception of sound separation and layering relative to a leaner more balanced tuned detailed iem like IT04. People will prefer either one or the other, just like someone already commented above they don't want a sound leaner than Andromeda, thus will not get IT04.

Jun 29, 2018 at 11:53 PM Post #525 of 1,733
Ya... wonderful review... but can help me understand why the price is a con? Thought it should be a pro...

See, I started it as a short write up to compare IT03 vs IT04, couldn't think of any Cons except for a price bump, which is expected and quite reasonable in this case. Then, I expanded the write up into a full review. In reality, Cons here is that it might not be everyone's cup of tea if you want a smoother, warmer, or bassier sound, but it's a matter of a personal preference, so why even bother mentioning it.

But anyway, let's hear more impressions, comparisons, reviews. My write up is just one data point where I describe what I hear and how I hear it, and try to keep it neutral :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back