iBasso IT04 IEM, 4 Drivers. Enjoy the Music! Release: July 2, 2018
Jul 13, 2018 at 2:45 PM Post #826 of 1,733
Cool.

BTW, sorry that I got the last Blue in stock :ksc75smile:

For an old guy like me, the Silver was definitely too bling. Although maybe I should re-think -- folks might be less likely to think the Silver are hearing aids.
I liked the silver at first but I like the black and blue combo better than the black and silver combo....

Anyway, Paul got back to me right away and said the it04 in blue/black should be back in about a week. He said resellers will get them about a week after they ordered, so I'm assuming this means we should see some shops getting them pretty soon. Hopefully some of the US sellers are on the ball and I can get a blue pair through them next week, I keep checking adorama and Amazon all the time....

Jul 13, 2018 at 2:51 PM Post #827 of 1,733
Say iBasso IT04 is suitable for this style of music e, Trance, Deep Techno ?? Or is Campfire Audio Polaris better? Need a good bass beat!

They have sounded good with everything I have played through them. I have listened to trance and house and they sound great once broken in. They are balanced but can go down low. I wouldn’t consider them bass cannons.

Jul 13, 2018 at 2:56 PM Post #828 of 1,733
Where is more bass in iBasso IT04 or iBasso IT03?
Say iBasso IT04 is suitable for this style of music e, Trance, Deep Techno ?? Or is Campfire Audio Polaris better? Need a good bass beat!
Keeping in mind that I've only had IT04 for a few days, and haven't listened to them a lot:

I'd say the bass on the two is fairly equivalent. However, the 03s will probably seem bassier, since the V-shape sound sig tends to increase the perception of bass impact. I know that when I first got the 03s (once I got the correct tips for my ears) I was really struck by the quality of bass and the amount of sub-bass they produce.

04s have a more linear/balanced signature.

Both take EQ really well, and EQ-boosted bass is very clean.

I haven't heard the Polaris, so I can't express an opinion there. Also, I don't listen to the genres you mentioned very much, so my opinion on suitability there is useless.

Jul 13, 2018 at 4:41 PM Post #830 of 1,733
A lot of debate over blue versus silver, but no one seems to be too concerned about that logo anymore... :thinking:

Jul 13, 2018 at 4:43 PM Post #831 of 1,733
For an old guy like me, the Silver was definitely too bling. Although maybe I should re-think -- folks might be less likely to think the Silver are hearing aids.

I'm with you there. I chose the silver and I'm pretty pleased with the look. I'm very bling sensitive and the Mrs. tells me that these are not too over the top for me. Now, if I have them on and you come at me from the side with a flashlight and a disco ball, all bets are off. But I figure if that happens I've got bigger problems to worry about anyway. :)

I do hope I'll see a pair of the blue ones in person eventually though.

Jul 13, 2018 at 4:45 PM Post #832 of 1,733
Jul 13, 2018 at 4:46 PM Post #833 of 1,733
A lot of debate over blue versus silver, but no one seems to be too concerned about that logo anymore... :thinking:

Not even a little bit. And either color is just fine, I'm sure. When I'm wearing them I can't see them. And if I'm wearing them I'm smiling anyway.

Jul 13, 2018 at 4:51 PM Post #834 of 1,733
The silver isn't like it is chrome plated and shiny, it is more subtle than that. The InTunes doesn't stand out as much on the silver but on either I think it looks good. These throw a better stage and larger one than my custom IEM JH 13pro freq phase. I still like the JH but there is something so right about the sound of the IT04.

Jul 13, 2018 at 7:00 PM Post #835 of 1,733
Well yeah, that's on both blue and silver.... You don't get a choice in that!!

Although some people say it's less noticeable on the silver version...

Jul 13, 2018 at 7:09 PM Post #836 of 1,733
alright guys, I just have to say i'm very impressed with the quality of the IT04. The fit in my ear is amazing. It's almost like it was molded for my ear.

Sounds great so far out of the box. A tad brighter (on my Opus #2) than the AAW W900 I was listening to before opening the pkg.

nYKTp6tl.jpg

Jul 14, 2018 at 12:06 AM Post #837 of 1,733

I had a chance to listen to IT04 n polaris.

I my memory the polaris has a more incisive slam a little faster but not as coherent thru the rest of the music. Polaris has a more up front treble vs smoother treble on the it04

I think polaris will give me more listening fatigue over time, but not it04

Jul 14, 2018 at 12:59 AM Post #838 of 1,733
Polaris is very source dependent, on my DX200 with amp 8 they shine.
Not so much on the amp 3 of the same dap.
I didn't notice as much of a difference with the IT04.
Check your source. as earphones (and headphones) can sound different depending on the source.

On the Amp 8 of the DX200 I would go with the Polaris, greater bass impact/slam, greater resolution, better details.
Not that the IM04 isn't playing in the same ballbark, both are excellent.

Jul 14, 2018 at 1:59 AM Post #839 of 1,733

Hi @doctor 66,

IT 04 is basically the IT 01 & IT 03 combined but with its own distinctive voice which is among the clearest I have ever heard in an IEM which is more value add than most flagships but this is my highly subjective & personal opinion so take it as you will.

I suggest reading my impressions earlier in the thread as I have little to add to what has been said already when I first posted my humble impressions.

If you have heard either IT 01 or IT 03 then you know they both have good bass response without being fatiguing & it definitely outshines the Polaris in both sound & value. Keep in mind the Polaris is not a known for deep bass but certainly competent enough but this is my humble personal opinion.

Jul 14, 2018 at 3:17 AM Post #840 of 1,733
Hi @doctor 66,

IT 04 is basically the IT 01 & IT 03 combined but with its own distinctive voice which is among the clearest I have ever heard in an IEM which is more value add than most flagships but this is my highly subjective & personal opinion so take it as you will.

I suggest reading my impressions earlier in the thread as I have little to add to what has been said already when I first posted my humble impressions.

If you have heard either IT 01 or IT 03 then you know they both have good bass response without being fatiguing & it definitely outshines the Polaris in both sound & value. Keep in mind the Polaris is not a known for deep bass but certainly competent enough but this is my humble personal opinion.
I have obi these models IT01, and IT03, I'm interested will not be less than bass in IT0 4? than in 01, 03? And give a link to your review.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back