iBasso IT01 a fun IEM. Single multilayered graphene driver. !! 99 USD !!
Aug 19, 2018 at 9:23 AM Post #2,581 of 3,079
It is hard to pull off but there are some tricks to it. You have to get your nails in between the connector and iem and it should pop right off easily. If your nails aren't long enough you need something thin and sturdy and kinda wedge it in between.
Is it comfort for daily use on road, buses etc?
Is it comfort to sleep with them?

Aug 19, 2018 at 9:25 AM Post #2,582 of 3,079
Last edited:
Aug 19, 2018 at 9:34 AM Post #2,584 of 3,079

Daily use yes, for sleep idk, I never sleep with iems on so I can't answer that.

I would want something a little flatter in the ear for sleeping...and less expensive. The IT01 cable is way too nice to risk damaging in the bed

@vickie2006 edited to add

I have this for sleeping

https://www.amazon.co.uk/LAFI-Detac...1?ie=UTF8&qid=1534686084&sr=8-1&keywords=Lafi

Very flat and comfortable and sounds good too. I use the Ibasso when I am awake...but I do have many choices....too many...

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2018 at 9:45 AM Post #2,586 of 3,079
Never see such tools before.
This a small piler?
How do you use them?
These are tools used to push into car terminals to release crimp pins but certain ones can be used to push between the mmcx plugs to ease them out

Aug 19, 2018 at 9:50 AM Post #2,587 of 3,079
This kind go either side of the mmcx plug and you can lever it off easily

20180819_144627_HDR[1].jpg

Aug 19, 2018 at 9:56 AM Post #2,588 of 3,079
The IT01 is, for me, very comfortable and slots into my ears like a glove, but the shells are not completely flush in the ears, they stick out a bit. So not ideal for sleeping on.

As far as disconnecting the cable, yes it's a little tough to remove. I've only done it once when I had connected the left and right the wrong way round. I don't think there's much to worry about them breaking unless you did it a lot of times. Once connected correctly, I can't see a reason to disconnect them again unless the cable is broken. I wouldn't worry about trying a more expensive cable either, I'm sure that would be a waste of money. :)

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2018 at 9:57 AM Post #2,589 of 3,079
These are tools used to push into car terminals to release crimp pins but certain ones can be used to push between the mmcx plugs to ease them out
Do
The IT01 is, for me, very comfortable and slots into my ears like a glove, but are not completely flush in the ears, they stick out a bit. So not ideal for sleeping on.

As far as disconnecting the cable, yes it's a little tough to remove. I've only done it once when I had connected the left and right the wrong way round. I don't think there's much to worry about them breaking unless you did it a lot of times. Once connected correctly, I can't see a reason to disconnect them again unless the cable is broken. I wouldn't worry about trying a more expensive cable either, I'm sure that would be a waste of money. :)
How the IT compare the fiio F9 pro?

Aug 19, 2018 at 10:19 AM Post #2,590 of 3,079
Do

How the IT compare the fiio F9 pro?

I do not have the fiio F9 pro nor does HungryPanda but if you put fiio F9 pro in the little search box above (Just under the title banner for this thread) a number of previous posts will come up and may answer your question.

Aug 19, 2018 at 3:11 PM Post #2,592 of 3,079
I need your help with a couple of questions, I'm about to buy the it01 but I'm searching for two things, a good quality mmcx cable with mic/remote and a good quality bluetooth option like mee btx1 for example, what is your suggestions ?
The IT has HQ cable (cable like this for times more than the item itself)
A mic isn't included but you can plug mic cable if you want - for specific occasions.

Aug 21, 2018 at 8:10 AM Post #2,595 of 3,079

Hi @vickie2006,

Though I haven't slept with the IT 01, I have used them lying down so it should be fine but your experience may vary, the only IEM I have used for sleeping are the Shure 215 SE but that was a few years ago.

As a daily driver, the IT 01 is great & you can forget they are in your ears.
They are among my most used in weekly rotation.

Also, in terms of disconnecting mmcx connections, personally & subjectively, I find it helpful to rotate them in the socket, doesn't matter which way at least twice, this seems to make it feel 'looser' & thus easier to disconnect.
I play with cable rolling for various reasons, in my experience, I generally find mmcx connectors sturdier than standard 0.78 2 pin though there are exceptions but that's just me, once again, your experience may vary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back