iBasso IT01 a fun IEM. Single multilayered graphene driver. !! 99 USD !!
Aug 3, 2018 at 5:13 PM Post #2,551 of 3,079
me and three people listen the anime of he mention. and i listen lots of trailer and tube videos i have nothing he mention about. if he try on different sources and stil same i think the iem is not the we use
Well if he finds the vocals on those videos sound thin to him then they're thin to him. Two people listen to the same earphone with the same set up can come up with different ideas about that very earphone.
I do too find the mid is a little thin and recessed on these, which is very nature consider the fact that you already have very powerful bass and quite energetic treble. Beside, they have kind of a metallic tone to them, which makes vocals sound less satisfy, but great with electronic and metals, so it's a trade of here.

Aug 6, 2018 at 1:29 PM Post #2,553 of 3,079
Guys, if you want clear mids/vocals for music or watching anime/YouTube videos or w/e, I’d suggest Campfire Comets/Orions, ER3XR/SR or HiFiMAN RE-400. None of them really have the sub-bass/mid-bass of the IT01 for music though, but I’d say the Comets are competitive (at double the price however).

Aug 6, 2018 at 2:00 PM Post #2,554 of 3,079
Guys, if you want clear mids/vocals for music or watching anime/YouTube videos or w/e, I’d suggest Campfire Comets/Orions, ER3XR/SR or HiFiMAN RE-400. None of them really have the sub-bass/mid-bass of the IT01 for music though, but I’d say the Comets are competitive (at double the price however).
I'm awaiting my ninetails that should come be coming shortly. They sound like an absolute beast for the price and suited towards movies/anime aswell. I have been recommended the comets aswell, however theyre quite expensive for my budget and not sure if the vocals have more body to them in comparison to the it01? Also for movies and anime, you would like a bit of boosted bass with impact for those intense scenes. If I choose something that is reference style tuning, it won't give me personally that fun factor I like. But for me the it01 is a bit too much vshaped signature with a thin sound that I dislike. But again I will say that these are amazing for certain music and generally a technical beast imo.

Aug 6, 2018 at 3:04 PM Post #2,555 of 3,079
I'm awaiting my ninetails that should come be coming shortly. They sound like an absolute beast for the price and suited towards movies/anime aswell. I have been recommended the comets aswell, however theyre quite expensive for my budget and not sure if the vocals have more body to them in comparison to the it01? Also for movies and anime, you would like a bit of boosted bass with impact for those intense scenes. If I choose something that is reference style tuning, it won't give me personally that fun factor I like. But for me the it01 is a bit too much vshaped signature with a thin sound that I dislike. But again I will say that these are amazing for certain music and generally a technical beast imo.

I used to own the Comets and the sound is quite balanced. Vocals have more body and forwardness to them and the treble is more extended and present. The bass has a nice punch too. I used to use them for watching Twitch streams and they were great for that.

Aug 6, 2018 at 3:45 PM Post #2,556 of 3,079
I'm not an experienced listener myself, but I feel like my pair lost a lot of it's soundstage during the burn-in.
When I first unboxed them the soundstage was amazing. I listened to Tennyson - "Like What" for the first time and was blown away.
Now, after 80 hours of burn in, the soundstage is close to the one my Apple Airpods have.
Has someone else experienced similar things? Or is my hearing/brain the problem?

Aug 6, 2018 at 3:50 PM Post #2,557 of 3,079
I'm not an experienced listener myself, but I feel like my pair lost a lot of it's soundstage during the burn-in.
When I first unboxed them the soundstage was amazing. I listened to Tennyson - "Like What" for the first time and was blown away.
Now, after 80 hours of burn in, the soundstage is close to the one my Apple Airpods have.
Has someone else experienced similar things? Or is my hearing/brain the problem?

That's rather strange, I haven't noticed the soundstage getting smaller after more listening (?)

Maybe the track or mood is at fault? Otherwise, I'd suspect something being broken and would recommend doing a warranty thingy

Aug 6, 2018 at 4:17 PM Post #2,558 of 3,079
I would check the screens. Mine changed sound and my screens were dirty, some ear wax was clogging them. I carefully cleaned them and everything was back to normal. My custom IEM's come with a special brush and loop for this purpose.

Aug 6, 2018 at 4:19 PM Post #2,559 of 3,079
When trying to judge like that, try keeping it a fair test, like play the same song, same tips and source imho. If after you still really believe that it's lost soundstage, then you have a faulty unit or you made it faulty haha. Also, It could be your brain as it's not always easy to make comparisons of something you tried a while back. I have also once thought that my previous iems are a lot more better then the ones I currently listen to, to then eventually go back to them and find out that my current ones destroy them all over haha

Aug 6, 2018 at 6:38 PM Post #2,560 of 3,079
I don't generally believe in burn in. That said, with the IT01 I became a believer, if only for them. The one thing I can tell you is they went through several changes sound wise through the 200 hour period. They've been pretty stable now for a while, so I assume they're done . Give them some more time if you're not on a tight schedule to try to return them.

Aug 7, 2018 at 11:16 AM Post #2,561 of 3,079
Been very happy with my IT01s that I purchased for use primarily with my DX150 I bought not too long ago. One quick question for you guys, I was wondering if anyone knows of or could recommend a longer cable than the stock one with similar quality that will not break the bank. I would like to try these IEMs with my Creative X7 on my PC and general PC use but the stock cable is just too short for this, any recommendations?

Aug 7, 2018 at 11:17 AM Post #2,562 of 3,079
Been very happy with my IT01s that I purchased for use primarily with my DX150 I bought not too long ago. One quick question for you guys, I was wondering if anyone knows of or could recommend a longer cable than the stock one with similar quality that will not break the bank. I would like to try these IEMs with my Creative X7 on my PC and general PC use but the stock cable is just too short for this, any recommendations?

Why not just get a good extension lead?

Aug 7, 2018 at 11:26 AM Post #2,563 of 3,079
Why not just get a good extension lead?
I see people talk a lot about cable quality when it comes to nice headphones and IEMs so I was not sure if trying some sort of extension cable could/would hinder audio quality or if I would need some nice/high quality extension cable, and if looking to do that figured I may just as well buy a longer cable. Is there something specific I should look for or will any 3.5mm male to female extension I have do the job for me perfectly fine?

Aug 7, 2018 at 12:03 PM Post #2,564 of 3,079
I've had these for a while and I'm on the fence. Overall the sound signature is up my alley but a little warmer than I like... That's fine.

These sound the best with the silicon wide bore tips but those make me itchy. The foam tips included and complys fit very well and is comfortable but they kill the bass extension and treble extension. Ruins the sound signature for me. So I'm stuck picking between itchy ears or subpar sound.

Aug 7, 2018 at 1:50 PM Post #2,565 of 3,079
I've had these for a while and I'm on the fence. Overall the sound signature is up my alley but a little warmer than I like... That's fine.

These sound the best with the silicon wide bore tips but those make me itchy. The foam tips included and complys fit very well and is comfortable but they kill the bass extension and treble extension. Ruins the sound signature for me. So I'm stuck picking between itchy ears or subpar sound.

If you like the wide bore tips, try switching to spiral dots?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back