iBasso IT01 a fun IEM. Single multilayered graphene driver. !! 99 USD !!
Aug 2, 2018 at 9:16 AM Post #2,536 of 3,079
I prefer the red/blue personally as it gives a more vibrant feel.

Hi @audio123,

Red Blue for me as I like good colour when available, not to mention easy to pick up at a glance to put on correctly without too much thought or examination.

By the way, read your blog from time to time, nice work...

Hope you have a great day!

Aug 2, 2018 at 9:18 AM Post #2,537 of 3,079
Hi @audio123,

Red Blue for me as I like good colour when available, not to mention easy to pick up at a glance to put on correctly without too much thought or examination.

By the way, read your blog from time to time, nice work...

Hope you have a great day!
Yeah it is a good colour combination. Thanks!

Aug 3, 2018 at 7:51 AM Post #2,539 of 3,079
Just changed out ibasso cable to a balanced pure copper ( with Opus 1). All I can say is.. wow. Sound stage and depth much greater. Treble is more articulate, and bass goes deeper with rumble. Sounds like a completely different IEM (for the better). Highly recommended.

Aug 3, 2018 at 7:54 AM Post #2,540 of 3,079
Just changed out ibasso cable to a balanced pure copper ( with Opus 1). All I can say is.. wow. Sound stage and depth much greater. Treble is more articulate, and bass goes deeper with rumble. Sounds like a completely different IEM (for the better). Highly recommended.
Did you notice any difference in the mids, especially vocals? As I was going to return these back due the behind and thin sounding voices

Aug 3, 2018 at 8:11 AM Post #2,542 of 3,079
I did notice the vocals becoming more forward. Everything sounds 'thicker' than the stock cable. In general, this is not a strong mid-centric earphone, IMO..but there is improvement in the mids.
I may give the cable a try before returning these back. I'm not after mid-centric, I just need more then average bass with forward vocals and average highs that don't sound too soft to the point of sounding dark. Can you recommend me a place where I can get the cable cheap?

Aug 3, 2018 at 9:40 AM Post #2,545 of 3,079
I may give the cable a try before returning these back. I'm not after mid-centric, I just need more then average bass with forward vocals and average highs that don't sound too soft to the point of sounding dark. Can you recommend me a place where I can get the cable cheap?

Do you have a balanced source? The Opus has both a regular 3.5mm output and a balanced output. It is my only balanced source so I have not bothered to get any balanced cables. I am not going to go down that rabbit hole:) I am satisfied with what I have.

Aug 3, 2018 at 10:01 AM Post #2,546 of 3,079
Do you have a balanced source? The Opus has both a regular 3.5mm output and a balanced output. It is my only balanced source so I have not bothered to get any balanced cables. I am not going to go down that rabbit hole:) I am satisfied with what I have.
Haha yes I feel you, sound like a very costly addiction. I don't have a balanced source and I figured it will be best to just find the iem that suits me instead.

Aug 3, 2018 at 10:47 AM Post #2,547 of 3,079
Probably due to the fact that Balanced output gives you more power, but I doubt that it could give you a full upgrade over the entire frequency response and make it sound like a completely different IEM tbh.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back