iBasso IT01 a fun IEM. Single multilayered graphene driver. !! 99 USD !!
Jun 9, 2018 at 7:44 PM Post #2,222 of 3,079
To jump on here I got a pair of these are few weeks ago.
Fabulous sound indeed, and one of the best cables ever on an iem, but an absolute disaster of a fit for me.
Think I tried every tip known to man and while I occasionally got a seal it never lasted more than a few minutes before they started falling out again.
Couldn't fault the sound especially for the price but fit for me was a no no.
Shame really. But they had to go.

Jun 10, 2018 at 7:47 AM Post #2,223 of 3,079
So annoying. Seller at amp3 had done a fantastic job of fast tracking my IT01 to me on Royal Mail Tracked 24 within just a couple of days of ordering and then Royal Mail go and mess it up. I had a tracking page yesterday from Royal Mail saying they aim to deliver to me by 3pm and then it said delivered at 12.10pm when it hadn't been. So now they've apologised and said they would investigate and it can take 3 to 10 working days. So unless it somehow turns up tomorrow, unlikely, I might not receive them for a few days because of Royal Mail incompetence. This is why couriers are always better.

Jun 10, 2018 at 8:52 AM Post #2,224 of 3,079
So annoying. Seller at amp3 had done a fantastic job of fast tracking my IT01 to me on Royal Mail Tracked 24 within just a couple of days of ordering and then Royal Mail go and mess it up. I had a tracking page yesterday from Royal Mail saying they aim to deliver to me by 3pm and then it said delivered at 12.10pm when it hadn't been. So now they've apologised and said they would investigate and it can take 3 to 10 working days. So unless it somehow turns up tomorrow, unlikely, I might not receive them for a few days because of Royal Mail incompetence. This is why couriers are always better.

Hm, I’m sorry about your package but I feel like it’s YMMV kind of thing. Been using post (domestically and internationally) for more than 10-12 years and I haven’t had a lost or damaged package yet (Canada Post and USPS).

Couriers are the most reliable and on-time no question. However I get dinged easily 30-40% of the purchase price on duties, taxes and brokerage fees whenever I buy internationally. For postal, their brokerage fees are usually much more reasonable (like $5-10) and duties and taxes are hit or miss (random).

Jun 10, 2018 at 10:20 PM Post #2,225 of 3,079
I’m still impressed how great these sound out of the box with just the stock foam tips. They’re really comfortable and isolate great.

This when comparing with stuff I have at USD500-800.

Try listening to Pray for Me on the Black Panther sound track with these.

Jun 11, 2018 at 7:20 AM Post #2,226 of 3,079
They just turned up. The Royal Mail printed address label was missing the first letter of each line of my address, and most importantly the first number of my 3 digit house number. So anyway, looking forward to trying these babies out later. :)

20180611_121057.jpg
20180611_121029.jpg

Jun 11, 2018 at 7:40 AM Post #2,227 of 3,079
They just turned up. The Royal Mail printed address label was missing the first letter of each line of my address, and most importantly the first number of my 3 digit house number. So anyway, looking forward to trying these babies out later. :)

Enjoy!

Jun 13, 2018 at 6:44 AM Post #2,228 of 3,079
What tips do people use for isolation? I'm on the London tube a lot and want to drown out a lot of the noise from the tube without wacking up the volume significantly (if anyone has been on the central line, you will know its super loud). I've used Sprial Dots, all the included tips, RHA double flange, Symbios and InAirs. I love the sound of these, and I have to say iBasso's customer service is really top notch but I barely use these anymore due to isolation. Maybe it's the shape of my ears but I can't seem to attain the level of isolation others seem to get. I'm considering selling these for this reason :frowning2: .

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2018 at 11:30 AM Post #2,230 of 3,079
What tips do people use for isolation? I'm on the London tube a lot and want to drown out a lot of the noise from the tube without wacking up the volume significantly (if anyone has been on the central line, you will know its super loud). I've used Sprial Dots, all the included tips, RHA double flange, Symbios and InAirs. I love the sound of these, and I have to say iBasso's customer service is really top notch but I barely use these anymore due to isolation. Maybe it's the shape of my ears but I can't seem to attain the level of isolation others seem to get. I'm considering selling these for this reason :frowning2: .

The included stock foam tips have excellent isolation.

Also Comply T-400 or T-500 (not sure which).

Jun 13, 2018 at 12:07 PM Post #2,231 of 3,079
Here are pics as I promised:
9938020_l.jpg

9938021_l.jpg

9938019_l.jpg

Jun 13, 2018 at 12:41 PM Post #2,232 of 3,079
Hey guys, here's my thoughts on the iBasso IT01. I don't really understand much about things like upper mids, mid bass hump, sparkle, etc so I'll just describe as best I can. I've only been testing them since last night so I know they have hours of breaking in to do. I don't know what improvements that brings and I think they sound great right now. I've got them connected to my laptop via my FiiO E11K with the FiiO gain switch on high. Sounded good with low gain but the high gain is where it's at for me, really drives the sound better. I also tried with the bass switch on but it's kind of unnecessary when the gain is on high. It adds a bit more weight to the bass but borders on overkill and muddying it up. Also tested directly to laptop and sounds very good. *Not much difference but I think the FiiO possibly cleans up the sound a little.

*Correction on that last statement. Listening further, It's much crisper and more revealing with the FiiO and more aggressive, in a good way.

The looser part of the cable stays uniform when in use so it's not an issue.

I only have my Vsonic VSD3S to compare to and thank goodness the right ear didn't completely lose connection yet so I could compare. Let me first say I still think the VSD3S is a fantastic iem and that these are a very worthy upgrade.

Not the easiest to see which is the left and right earphone on the black ones even though it's faintly printed on, but I can tell which is which now. They're a touch louder than VSD3S. The VSD3S to me have really good soundstage, good amount of detail and good bass. These are even better. Both iems are very comfortable. The IT01 fit my ears very nicely which I'm pleased about as I read some people have problems with that. Of all the tips included, only the large ones give me proper bass. I guess I have big earholes. :p Neither of the foam ones give me bass. In the end, my favourite tips are these silicone ones I've circled. They're large but slightly flatter profile and have the largest holes.

Really enjoying the IT01 so far! Here are the songs I tested. All from youtube so obviously compressed but they're pretty high quality, and for me, it's a fair comparison against the Vsonics as I mostly listen to music on youtube. If you listen to only one piece below, make it the Bill Meyers one.

Bill Meyers -images- Voyager Prelude & Liftoff. This a part classical, part jazz fusion piece. Incredible composition with world class players. I think it makes for a great iem test track and it's more than well presented in the IT01 to my ears. This is the first piece of music that made me notice how good the mids are compared to my vsonics. The horns sound incredible and the thing that really got my attention is I could hear the raspiness of the trombone, it has a lot of bite/edge/attack. I didn't really notice it on the Vsonics, it was there but soft, but on these it stands out beautifully, like wow.
The bass drum has such a solid deep thump but not muddy and still has the initial transient attack/slap of the beater on each stroke. The guitars are very present in the centre. Lovely sprinkling of glockenspiel that again, is more forward and stand out on these more than my vsonics. Amazing imaging, wide soundstage. Bass guitar has a warm tight sound, low enough and some detailed crisp slap bass moments.

John Mayer - Gravity. Bass drum super deep and punchy. Warm full sounding bass guitar. Vocal very close to my face, like being in the studio with him. Crisp and clear. Guitars in the centre and upfront, compared to being a bit recessed with the Vsonics.

Gregory Porter - Holding On. Just gorgeous! It's a stunning ballad so sounds good on anything but it's even nicer on these. Nice soundstage here. Piano is the main instrument here with luscious chords soothing your soul. Light snare drum work keeping the groove, underpinned with a gentle bass drum. Little details like tambourine stand out that I didn't really notice on the Vsonics. Miles Davis style trumpet in the instrumental break is crisp and detailed.

Massive Attack - Angel. Bass heavy track. These handle the sub bass brilliantly, ear canal shaking for me. Love it.

Knower - Time Traveler. I guess this would be called electronica. Sounds very powerful on these with some serious sub bass notes.

Knower - Hanging On. Love this song. Drum sound is fairly heavily studio compressed, sounds fat on these earphones.

Overall I would say they're very detailed, full sounding iems with excellent bass and mids, and to my ears, nothing shrill or silbilant with the treble. if you were coming from a very cheap earphone, these would be utterly jaw dropping. If you're coming from a good quality earphone like my Vsonics, it's not so much jawdropping although there are some jawdropping moments, but certainly astounding resolution which makes them very very enjoyable to listen to.

Edit: actually, yes, these are pretty jawdropping!

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2018 at 6:30 AM Post #2,235 of 3,079

Maybe last two tries before giving up?
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...429.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.60da4c4d7Ef7Zg
"cone" shaped with wide bore, soft silicone, tight fit around nozzle (wont come off easily).

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...09ad-4f56-b70e-4b44d5f38fb4&priceBeautifyAB=0
Also "cone" shaped but less, have thicker silicone and barrel with medium size bore (take the blue core & transparent white tips version). I use those for working in loud environment (but with another IEM).

I forgot to ask what size tips You use?

I`m still in the middle of tip-rolling again with modded IT01 but seems I will settle with tips @ first link (center red bore cut about 3mm shorter to provide deeper/snug fit (shell part) for my small ears).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back