iBasso IT01 a fun IEM. Single multilayered graphene driver. !! 99 USD !!
May 31, 2018 at 9:34 PM Post #2,176 of 3,079
Granted, the Massdrop Plus are 3x the price of the IT01 (and also $100 more than the Comets), but I find them a nice upgrade to the IT01 and Comets if you’re looking for one.

Good linear mid-bass without overwhelming presence, a crystal clear mid range and more treble presence and extension than the IT01. Basically more balanced and “reference-sounding” than the IT01 without sacrificing too much bass.

I find myself rarely reaching for the Comets (and especially the IT01) after getting the MD+. It has an amazing fit and isolation too (read up on the product page).

If you’re budget is still within $100 though, the IT01 is unbeatable.

May 31, 2018 at 9:38 PM Post #2,177 of 3,079
Are there any double or triple flange tips that work with these? Im not a huge fan of the stock silicon tips, I feel like Im always pushing them back in for a better seal. I need to try the provided foam tips too. But I know that tri-flanges get a great seal for me when I wear my Etymotic earplugs at concerts.

May 31, 2018 at 9:49 PM Post #2,178 of 3,079
If you’re budget is still within $100 though, the IT01 is unbeatable.

At that price point the Whizzer A15 Pro is very good too IMO and I sure use it much more than the IT01.

May 31, 2018 at 10:02 PM Post #2,179 of 3,079
At that price point the Whizzer A15 Pro is very good too IMO and I sure use it much more than the IT01.

Haha I actually see you own the TFZ King Pro and Simgot EN700 Pro. Could you briefly compare them to the IT01? :) (just sound signature). I actually wanted buy them and was doing some research here (leaning a little towards the Simgot).

May 31, 2018 at 10:24 PM Post #2,180 of 3,079
Haha I actually see you own the TFZ King Pro and Simgot EN700 Pro. Could you briefly compare them to the IT01? :) (just sound signature). I actually wanted buy them and was doing some research here (leaning a little towards the Simgot).

I haven't listened to IT01 and King Pro for the last two weeks as I've just had a long exclusive stretch with the Falcon-C but I can safely say IT01 is warmer and less fatiguing than both King Pro and EN700 Pro. King Pro feels the brighter of the three and EN700 Pro the more neutral. I think they are also less sparkly than the IT01. Sorry not much of a good comparison but anyway they are all very good IMO and you can't really go wrong with either of them.

May 31, 2018 at 10:29 PM Post #2,181 of 3,079
I haven't listened to IT01 and King Pro for the last two weeks as I've just had a long exclusive stretch with the Falcon-C but I can safely say IT01 is warmer and less fatiguing than both King Pro and EN700 Pro. King Pro feels the brighter of the three and EN700 Pro the more neutral. I think they are also less sparkly than the IT01. Sorry not much of a good comparison but anyway they are all very good IMO and you can't really go wrong with either of them.

Got it! I’ve also read good things about the DUNU Falcon-C. Glad you like them :)

May 31, 2018 at 10:35 PM Post #2,182 of 3,079
The Falcon-C are great! :)

Jun 1, 2018 at 2:37 AM Post #2,183 of 3,079
The B400 is warmer overall, with better detail and separation though it always strikes me as veiled. The IT01 has more of an L-shape sound signature, and crushes the B400 on bass and has better treble. The B400 has a more relaxed presentation with more of a balanced sound.

To me, it's a sidegrade. I like the two of them for different reasons, and one doesn't easily replace the other. If you are super into bass, the IT01 is an easy choice. If you want as much detail and resolution as possible (especially in the mids), the B400 is the winner. But, **** it, man. Get both. They are both outstanding at their price points.

Thanks a lot! Just got curious. The B400 is getting a lot of praise now.

Jun 1, 2018 at 9:59 AM Post #2,184 of 3,079
Give those wide-bored smokey stock tips a go, preferably the smallest that fit you. They open up the soundstage somewhat and still keep that brilliant guitar sound. Spiral Dots for me also open the soundstage but the sound loses a touch of its crispness in my experience. The spiral dots for me were very similar to those stocks, and I prefer the stock ones in fact. The bore size is about the same on those and the dots

Ok, so I gave those tips a day of listening, but again went back to comply's. The soundstage was similar for me, but complys provided more snug fit. Those silicons had me constantly itching my ears.

Coming to soundstage, I think they might be very source dependent for that. My main listening time goes in the office where I just plug them into the laptop and fireup Spotify on browser. No foobar, and some dolby s#!t enabled.
What I have noticed that they sound much better than my MA750s with that setup, MA750s didn't used to like my office laptop at all, and were used to sound very congested against their nature.
IT01s have a much better performance here, both sonically and in terms of soundstage and imaging. They still lack on soundstage on X!ii and my home setup on foobar, but let's say, where difference in MA750s between these setups was massive, IT01s have a very similar performance across the board.
Maybe pairing them to a better DAC/AMP might open up the soundstage. Though, I have started to like their sound signature now, quite enjoyable, but still misses or veils up certain details in some songs. Example, in the song below:

The backing bassline is pretty much missing without an equalizer setting, making the song pretty lifeless TBH. Other than that, they perform pretty good in every genre thrown at them.

Jun 1, 2018 at 11:07 AM Post #2,185 of 3,079
Try some other wide bore silicones then...
I haven`t had a foam tip yet that preserves all the details over silicones. Though, I have small ears and ear-canals which may explain my "harsh" opinion about foams.
Anyway, IT01 benefits noticeably from wide bore tips and good neutral sided DAC and amping.
With mods, I can`t find faults with IT01 anymore. Crazy good details/imaging/soundstage/transparency and resolution from single dynamic driver. Amazing IEM for ~100$!
I think it is my personal TOTL IEM, honestly.

Jun 1, 2018 at 11:52 AM Post #2,186 of 3,079
Are there any double or triple flange tips that work with these? Im not a huge fan of the stock silicon tips, I feel like Im always pushing them back in for a better seal. I need to try the provided foam tips too. But I know that tri-flanges get a great seal for me when I wear my Etymotic earplugs at concerts.

I've tried these triple flange tips with them. They work for my ears but because of the nozzle angle of the IT01, I find them a little more tricky than usual to get a reasonable comfort with the ety deep insertion method (lifting up on the upper ear while inserting). @Slater said there is a cheaper alternative for this triple flange but I don't have the link for them. These wide bores give better treble extension and clarity if you can manage a good seal but triple flange give slightly better bottom end, lower mids definition and thicker vocals.

Jun 1, 2018 at 8:21 PM Post #2,187 of 3,079
I haven`t had a foam tip yet that preserves all the details over silicones. Though, I have small ears and ear-canals which may explain my "harsh" opinion about foams.
Anyway, IT01 benefits noticeably from wide bore tips and good neutral sided DAC and amping.
With mods, I can`t find faults with IT01 anymore. Crazy good details/imaging/soundstage/transparency and resolution from single dynamic driver. Amazing IEM for ~100$!
Me too, cannot listen with foams cause I always feel like the sound is kinda congested and duller ----> silicone all the way.
Was gonna grab some Spiral dots but as you guys have mentioned here, the thin skin smokey wide bore tips are kinda the same so I would be settled with those.

Jun 1, 2018 at 10:18 PM Post #2,188 of 3,079

Thanks for the tip about the wide bores. Makes my IT01 sound better (more bass) and also better isolation (I went with the largest tip).

Jun 2, 2018 at 8:11 AM Post #2,189 of 3,079
Thanks for the tip about the wide bores. Makes my IT01 sound better (more bass) and also better isolation (I went with the largest tip).
Hmmm... interesting. Wide bore tips should not give You more bass - rather more details in mids/highs and little more balanced sound.
But our ears are different and what I`ve noticed is that ppl who using L size tips, their impressions differ from ppl using S size tips. Probably due to larger "chamber" in ear-canal. That could also cause "more bass" maybe.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2018 at 8:37 AM Post #2,190 of 3,079
I`ve noticed is that ppl who using L size tips, their impressions differ from ppl using S size tips. Probably due to larger "chamber" in ear-canal. That could also cause "more bass" maybe.

That is an interesting thought... the larger chamber. The more I read the impressions about various iems, the more I feel like we can never really know anything until we hear for ourselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back