iBasso IT01 a fun IEM. Single multilayered graphene driver. !! 99 USD !!
Mar 28, 2018 at 3:23 PM Post #1,786 of 3,079
I mainly listen progressive rock, some metal/rock/djent, alternative rock/folk, progressive jazz-rock and occasionally EDM. Take a look at my profile list of music/bands.
Anyway, what I like about IT01 is that it is great with all genres and music I listen (note again - with MY gear).

Do you find them good for rock/metal? I listen to classic pieces like Maiden, but also modern melodic death, what about you? I´m deciding between King Pro for $116 from Ali and IT01 which I will be able to buy at local store soon at similar price.
I know their sound signature is different, still on the edge, TFZ is first on my list atm.

Mar 28, 2018 at 3:28 PM Post #1,787 of 3,079
Do you find them good for rock/metal? I listen to classic pieces like Maiden, but also modern melodic death, what about you? I´m deciding between King Pro for $116 from Ali and IT01 which I will be able to buy at local store soon at similar price.
I know their sound signature is different, still on the edge, TFZ is first on my list atm.

I listen to Maiden, Priest, Metallica, etc with the IT01’s and they sound fantastic.

Mar 28, 2018 at 8:11 PM Post #1,789 of 3,079
These are very good. I guess it depends on the application to some extent, but the bass i'm getting is good. Good low extension. Also, it's not a bright IEM which might be good with some applications.

Another thing. Just because these are good, isn't going to guarantee the IT04 is going to be 5x better, or even as good. Probably will be great, but just saying. For $100US you get the IT01......

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2018 at 9:16 PM Post #1,790 of 3,079
Just because these are good, isn't going to guarantee the IT04 is going to be 5x better, or even as good.

The farther up the food chain, the more minor and subtle the improvements you get for the $$$ you spend.

I kind of wish there was an intermediate model that would have the dynamic driver from the IT01 and just improved mids. An IT02 or an updated version of the IT03. (Not to suggest that the IT04 isn't priced appropriately for what it is.)

Mar 28, 2018 at 10:16 PM Post #1,791 of 3,079
The farther up the food chain, the more minor and subtle the improvements you get for the $$$ you spend.

I kind of wish there was an intermediate model that would have the dynamic driver from the IT01 and just improved mids. An IT02 or an updated version of the IT03. (Not to suggest that the IT04 isn't priced appropriately for what it is.)
I feel like if you could add the it01 dynamic driver to the brainwavz b400 or add a couple of Knowles BAs with a good crossover to the it01s, they would be the perfect midfi item around, say, 225 USD? Interested to see how the it04 sounds in the imaging department...

Mar 29, 2018 at 1:40 AM Post #1,792 of 3,079
I bought mine thru Radio Shack online, their shipping is slow and mot sure they do eastern Europe?
There`s no difference between "eastern" or "western" europe - it`s EU. That`s the problem, I can`t find place where to buy them in EU. Just have to keep eye on ebay.

Mar 29, 2018 at 1:47 AM Post #1,793 of 3,079
They are great with metal imo. Tho, reading from reviews, TFZ Pro might be tiny-tad better for fast metal drums/guitar/bass. Not that IT01 lacks in that department, they are great.
I just decided to go with IT01 due to its great accessories and customer support.
Not wanting to say anything bad about TFZ but some users have reported issues with their unit and no feedback from customer support.

Mar 29, 2018 at 4:05 AM Post #1,794 of 3,079
I think those looking to upgrade from rhe IT01 (myself included) may want to consider the Acoustune HS1551. Anyone tried/owned it? When I quickly auditioned it, it gave me upgradetitis

Mar 29, 2018 at 5:31 AM Post #1,796 of 3,079
Mar 29, 2018 at 9:49 AM Post #1,797 of 3,079
I just enjoyed these for a walk with the Shanling M2S. I felt that it was a nice, laid back sound.

Just wondering if anybody here had thoughts of the IT01 vs another popular, well priced IEM. Specifically, the Carbo Tenore.
the it01 are on a whole other level than the tenores--more coherent, bigger sounding and much tighter, more impactful low end.

Mar 29, 2018 at 12:38 PM Post #1,799 of 3,079
There`s no difference between "eastern" or "western" europe - it`s EU. That`s the problem, I can`t find place where to buy them in EU. Just have to keep eye on ebay.

You can place order to advancedmp3players.co.uk they have IT01 on stock and they are in EU. But there is no reason to hesitate place order directly to iBasso. I live in EU as well and I got pair from them without problem in few days.

Mar 29, 2018 at 1:31 PM Post #1,800 of 3,079
You can place order to advancedmp3players.co.uk they have IT01 on stock and they are in EU. But there is no reason to hesitate place order directly to iBasso. I live in EU as well and I got pair from them without problem in few days.
We were talking about Auvio tips not IT01 (I already have it).
Let me repeat - I already have IT01 :wink:
Want me to buy you some and mail them to you? PM me if so and I'll check,it out for you.
Thanks for being helpful but I already used help of helpful Slater - he will send me his Auvio S tips :wink:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back