iBasso IT01 a fun IEM. Single multilayered graphene driver. !! 99 USD !!
Dec 11, 2017 at 10:17 AM Post #346 of 3,079
Just a stupid question, I used only Bose in ears, do you think IT01 are better than Bose?

I think you'll be amazed by IT01, they answer to a lot of qualms I had with IEMs I tested along the way. Those have sound that just a little while ago was only possible at over 300$ price mark!

Dec 11, 2017 at 10:24 AM Post #347 of 3,079
Guys, I've been using the IT01 and have been loving it as well. I wanted to change the wire to a different one just for trying out a new pair I've received but the mmcx connection seems to be really tight and I've not been able to disconnect the stock cable as of now since I was too afraid of damaging anything. Any suggestions please?

Dec 11, 2017 at 10:41 AM Post #348 of 3,079
Guys, I've been using the IT01 and have been loving it as well. I wanted to change the wire to a different one just for trying out a new pair I've received but the mmcx connection seems to be really tight and I've not been able to disconnect the stock cable as of now since I was too afraid of damaging anything. Any suggestions please?

Do the IEMs rotate freely or too tight? I removed mine without much force. Just evenly pull the connector in a straight angle.

Dec 11, 2017 at 11:29 AM Post #350 of 3,079
I think you'll be amazed by IT01, they answer to a lot of qualms I had with IEMs I tested along the way. Those have sound that just a little while ago was only possible at over 300$ price mark!
Everytime I read this forum, my wallet starts crying :laughing:
I think I will buy both IT01 and IT04 for different purposes :money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings:

Dec 12, 2017 at 1:48 PM Post #351 of 3,079
Hi guys,
I recently felt the urge to look out for a new IEM to accompany me on a long journey. I didn't own any IEM's for about 3 years.
KEF M200 was my first, after that I had the Sony XBA-H3. Both were bought second hand, looked like new, sounded great though quite different from each other.
But both had a driver failure in one ear after only approx. 3 months of usage. I never abused them so I was hesitant to buy another. For travel purposes though IEM's would be the best choice. I'm definitely buying new this time, but when I'm on the road in foreign countries I won't have an option to send them in for repair.
The first question is, do you guys think I was just unlucky and that it is more likely these IT01 will survive a period of 1-2 years without breaking ?
At home I use the T90 through the Audio-GD NFB15. I love the sound I get through this combo. I would love an IEM that has the bass range and resolution of the M200 but with a little more attack and forward sound that was there in the XBA-H3.
I ordered the Cayin N3 along with the IT01 through AMP3 2 weeks ago but first the N3 was out of stock and when it arrived they had no more IT01 due to a recall. So while waiting for them to be back in stock I read up on new IEM's and stumbled across the Pinnacle P1.
I could get the P1 for 130 Euro, the IT01 would be around 100 Euro. Now I ask myself what would be the better call.
Can anyone offer opinions, or a comparison between P1 and IT01 ?
Greetings
Marc

Dec 12, 2017 at 1:56 PM Post #352 of 3,079
I do't have the iBasso yet, but I can recommend the RHA MA750i, it's built really well, very solid, and has GREAT sound for the money.

Hi guys,
I recently felt the urge to look out for a new IEM to accompany me on a long journey. I didn't own any IEM's for about 3 years.
KEF M200 was my first, after that I had the Sony XBA-H3. Both were bought second hand, looked like new, sounded great though quite different from each other.
But both had a driver failure in one ear after only approx. 3 months of usage. I never abused them so I was hesitant to buy another. For travel purposes though IEM's would be the best choice. I'm definitely buying new this time, but when I'm on the road in foreign countries I won't have an option to send them in for repair.
The first question is, do you guys think I was just unlucky and that it is more likely these IT01 will survive a period of 1-2 years without breaking ?
At home I use the T90 through the Audio-GD NFB15. I love the sound I get through this combo. I would love an IEM that has the bass range and resolution of the M200 but with a little more attack and forward sound that was there in the XBA-H3.
I ordered the Cayin N3 along with the IT01 through AMP3 2 weeks ago but first the N3 was out of stock and when it arrived they had no more IT01 due to a recall. So while waiting for them to be back in stock I read up on new IEM's and stumbled across the Pinnacle P1.
I could get the P1 for 130 Euro, the IT01 would be around 100 Euro. Now I ask myself what would be the better call.
Greetings
Marc

Dec 12, 2017 at 2:07 PM Post #353 of 3,079
Hi guys,
Greetings
Marc

I really like IT01 right now. Absolutely one of the best under 300$ IEMs, and slowly climbing up in my ranking!

Dec 12, 2017 at 2:14 PM Post #354 of 3,079
Hi guys,
Greetings
Marc

Glad to see your first post here, man. Other people here may have heard those IEMs you mentioned but I haven't. I can only comment about what I've read about them but as for the IT01, I can give some comments about its build and sound. About the build, we have to be fair to iBasso since they've just released these awesome IEMs recently. No one has owned them for years of course so we can't tell if they'll last long. They seem to be made of durable plastic though. The connectors and cables are tough, those I can tell. The only thing that worries me is the driver flex. Even though there are 2 vent holes in each side, I could still hear the flexing inside when they're suddenly inserted without care. I have to always take care when putting them on and also have to avoid accidentally pressing them while being worn. Other than that, I have no worries that they will break whatsoever. As for the sound, I'm starting to like them more than my IT03. Not because they're technically better but just for preference. I still like the IT03 and won't dispose of them just because of the IT01. For me, the IT03 is still technically better in some other aspects. I'm just currently enjoying the IT01.

Regarding the Pinnacle P1, they might last longer since they're made of metal housings. But still, we can't tell the durability of the connectors, cables, and the internals unless we've used them for a long time. I have read several reviews about them and there are some recurring comments about the difficulty in driving them without an amp or enough powered DAP, as well as the lacking bass and harsh treble. Well, subjective of course. It's still best if you can try them yourself. Some might also have both the P1 and the IT01 so let's wait. I haven't tried and haven't read anything about the KEF M200 so I can't comment on that. Let's see if other peeps here can help you out.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2017 at 2:24 PM Post #355 of 3,079
Hi guys,
Greetings
Marc
There may have been a misunderstanding. We have not had any recall of the IT01. There have been no malfunctions or problems with the IT01.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Dec 12, 2017 at 2:46 PM Post #357 of 3,079
IT01 has almost no driver flex actually - all Dynamic Driver IEMs need to be inserted slowly, except for fully open designs - IT01 is one of the happiest ones, almost no flex.

It is true that is you insert them quickly, they flex a bit, but inserting a BA quickly can cause serious pain, and I had at least a few IEMs that have considerably more flex.

About flex and durability, I don't think it matters - ie800 has driver flex, but it held up well to the test of time

Dec 12, 2017 at 2:57 PM Post #358 of 3,079
IT01 has almost no driver flex actually - all Dynamic Driver IEMs need to be inserted slowly, except for fully open designs - IT01 is one of the happiest ones, almost no flex.

It is true that is you insert them quickly, they flex a bit, but inserting a BA quickly can cause serious pain, and I had at least a few IEMs that have considerably more flex.

About flex and durability, I don't think it matters - ie800 has driver flex, but it held up well to the test of time

Good news then. Though I would still be careful just to be sure. The flex on mine is quite strong. Maybe it also depends on the fit as we have different ear measurements. As soon as they're seated well on my ears, I totally forget about that tiny issue because of how good they sound.

Dec 12, 2017 at 3:03 PM Post #359 of 3,079
Good news then. Though I would still be careful just to be sure. The flex on mine is quite strong. Maybe it also depends on the fit as we have different ear measurements. As soon as they're seated well on my ears, I totally forget about that tiny issue because of how good they sound.

You get a lot more driver flex, if you're covering the holes on insertions, so better take care not to cover them while inserting them in your ears! :darthsmile:

Dec 12, 2017 at 3:24 PM Post #360 of 3,079
Thanks! I've already figured out a way to insert IEMs with strong driver flex. I put pressure on one side of the nozzle then let the whole thing go and see if there's enough grip. It's kind of like putting them in unevenly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back