iBasso IT01 a fun IEM. Single multilayered graphene driver. !! 99 USD !!
Feb 19, 2018 at 6:44 AM Post #1,186 of 3,079
Where the heck is all the extra money going towards
Could you disagree that a year of R&D and further prosper live of iBasso team worth it? :wink:

Feb 19, 2018 at 8:49 AM Post #1,187 of 3,079
Having never heard the IT04, I have to say that nothing I've seen or read here suggest the IT04 is overpriced. Obviously a lot of work went into researching, designing and tuning them. Getting 4 drivers per shell to compliment each other is no easy task, and crossover networks are needed. I don't mind the looks of the shell, in fact I rather like it. I agree it is a departure from the norm but I've seen much gaudier designs. If these do perform at or TOTL designs, its asking price isn't unreasonable.

Feb 19, 2018 at 8:53 AM Post #1,188 of 3,079
I loved the fit of these. They really nailed comfort... and build.... and sound... and price/performance. iBasso's got a beast of an IEM.

Feb 19, 2018 at 9:22 AM Post #1,189 of 3,079
The IT01 surely has spoiled us with its excellent performance and affordability. And this is despite direct suggestions for iBasso to sell 'em at a higher price point.

With that in mind, I'm currently having a hard time justifying the price hike considering its built with the same DD as an IT01. As a user already posted, the commonly used knowles drivers chosen arent worth a few hundred dollars extra. $499 should at least buy us a wooden shell.

Where the heck is all the extra money going towards, given the budget and performance oriented reputation of iBasso?

These dont lure me to blow my load quick. Like that one time..

Oh it wouldnt surprise me one bit of the IT04 is very close to TOTL material. I however do plan on getting a pair when it comes out. Will surely tell folks how I hear them once I get them. Now I play the waiting game. I got every bit of faith that Ibasso will bring us the absolute best value for the $500.

Feb 19, 2018 at 9:26 AM Post #1,190 of 3,079
Oh it wouldnt surprise me one bit of the IT04 is very close to TOTL material. I however do plan on getting a pair when it comes out. Will surely tell folks how I hear them once I get them. Now I play the waiting game.

I have a feeling and a hope they will be

iBasso has been too excellent with their devices so far, I want to see them winning with IT04 as well :)

Feb 19, 2018 at 10:50 AM Post #1,194 of 3,079
Don't know if you guys are aware what the CB12 Ibasso cables look like. But this is what it is. Things MSRP is $89

1-700x700.JPG

That is a good looking cable. Though it would be cool if Ibasso took the price of these cables out and sold the IT04 for $410!

Feb 19, 2018 at 11:34 AM Post #1,195 of 3,079
The IT01 surely has spoiled us with its excellent performance and affordability. And this is despite direct suggestions for iBasso to sell 'em at a higher price point.

With that in mind, I'm currently having a hard time justifying the price hike considering its built with the same DD as an IT01. As a user already posted, the commonly used knowles drivers chosen arent worth a few hundred dollars extra. $499 should at least buy us a wooden shell.

Where the heck is all the extra money going towards, given the budget and performance oriented reputation of iBasso?

These dont lure me to blow my load quick. Like that one time..

LOL you're kidding right? the IT04 has four drivers. Period. Look around this hobby and see what other manufacturers are charging for 4 driver IEM's. I just saw some at the NYC CanJam that didn't even come close to these that were over $1K! Did you see my response to that person? He has a habit of going into forums and starting crap.

Then there's the concept that seems to elude so many...this is a BUSINESS. Luckily iBasso cares about it's customers a lot more than some of the other makers out there. They aren't out here trying to break your bank. Let me tell you something simple, these cost money to make. Now you can say all kinds of nonsense about these commonly used Knowles...but guess what...they cost money. It costs money to make the acrylic shells, it costs money to make and ship.

Not for nothing, to say where is the money going is ridiculous. Where are you going to get 4 driver IEM's of any quality for this price? HEIR Audio 4Ai's back in 2009 cost $499 dude lol...Wait...I know...you'll get crappy ones that have no detail, no sound-stage, are veiled, have connection issues, or some other something else wrong with them.

Have you even ever checked out the headphones/IEM's for sale area? Go look at what comparable IEM's cost...

But hey...here's something to remember...you get what you pay for. Remember that boys and girls...

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 19, 2018 at 11:45 AM Post #1,196 of 3,079
This comes with the CB12 cable and the single ended connecting adapter.
I can only go by what the reactions people had at the CanJam...and that overwhelmingly positive.

Oh, this is great news! I am currently using the CB12 cable on my IT01 and I absolutely love it. It's as light as a feather, beautiful to look at, no annoying (for me) memory wire ear hook things, and supremely comfortable. They probably add something good to the sound signature too, but I couldn't hear them over the sound of the awesomeness of my IT01 :D

Regarding responses at CanJam, yes, I can confirm I had exactly the same experience when representing iBasso.
I don't recall a single person coming to our stall and NOT being blown away by at least one of the products :)

Feb 19, 2018 at 12:05 PM Post #1,197 of 3,079
It's all about R&D with most electronic gadgets, the actual components are a slim part of what makes the final price.
We have multiple BAs in many cheap Chi-Fi Iems as well as single driver TOTL that go for more than 1k.
This is like judging cameras by megapixels or video cards by their Vram.

Anyway someone should really open a IT04 thread, both Iems deserve their own focused discussions.

P.S. To keep things off topic, I'd like a nice budget friendly DAP now from iBasso.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2018 at 12:11 PM Post #1,198 of 3,079
I agree. The IT04 need their own thread.

THAT being said, I'm off for a walk on this beautiful NYC day with my IT01's and my DX200/AMP4!

Feb 19, 2018 at 12:43 PM Post #1,199 of 3,079
As far as charging $500, I think once you get into that luxury category things get expensive. The component cost argument might be something, but really, $500 for something like this is still in bargain territory, all things considered. Will I buy them? Probably not, as my (poor) hearing couldn't noticed any difference. Then again, down the road......

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2018 at 12:50 PM Post #1,200 of 3,079
I agree. The IT04 need their own thread.

THAT being said, I'm off for a walk on this beautiful NYC day with my IT01's and my DX200/AMP4!

Actually, I was just about to set up an IT04 thread in response to this!
However, something occurred to me; I just checked and both the IT01 and DX200 threads were set up by @Paul - iBasso
So I think I'd better leave it to the official 'channel' to set it up :)
It's kind of a relief. I've never started a thread before, and had all these anxious thoughts about whether I'd be partly responsible for moderating it, or worried that I might do something wrong and get a black mark from Head-Fi :p
I re-read the forum rules, but couldn't find anything specific to starting a thread.
Anyway, I'll leave it to @Paul - iBasso
Unlike me, he clearly knows what he's doing.
And since I don't even have the IT04 yet, it does seem somewhat presumptuous to start a thread about it :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back