iBasso IT01 a fun IEM. Single multilayered graphene driver. !! 99 USD !!
Feb 20, 2018 at 11:46 AM Post #1,218 of 3,079
Been enjoying mine for the past couple weeks. Definitely breathes new life into my music. :)

Although one issue I've encountered with mine is I was not able to get any sound out of the right side unless I spun the cable near the connecter a certain way. Then over the weekend I tried disconnecting the earpiece from the cable and reconnecting it, but I seem to have lost all sound from this side. I'm not sure if it's me, the cable, or the iems. :frowning2: Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated as I'd love to get back to enjoying the IT01's!

Feb 20, 2018 at 11:55 AM Post #1,219 of 3,079
Been enjoying mine for the past couple weeks. Definitely breathes new life into my music. :)

Although one issue I've encountered with mine is I was not able to get any sound out of the right side unless I spun the cable near the connecter a certain way. Then over the weekend I tried disconnecting the earpiece from the cable and reconnecting it, but I seem to have lost all sound from this side. I'm not sure if it's me, the cable, or the iems. :frowning2: Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated as I'd love to get back to enjoying the IT01's!

Try to contact iBasso, I think they will help you solve your little issue :)

Feb 20, 2018 at 12:28 PM Post #1,222 of 3,079
Have been using the IT01 for about 2 months now and have been loving them more than the Pinnacle P1, Magaosi K3 and other IEMs I have. The pairing is superb with DX80. After reading the comments of other members I'm looking forward to try balanced connections. I think it is better to buy an altogether new DAP which may serve other needs as well. The upcoming iBasso DX150 looks phenomenal! It has balanced connections and shares the same amp module as that of DX200. But it may be too costly to invest. I also saw news on the Hiby R3 which is upcoming! It too has a balanced connection. What would the members of the group recommend for balanced output players which actually offer good balanced output sound upgrade over single ended and don't break the bank/ wallet too. Please suggest!

Feb 20, 2018 at 12:30 PM Post #1,223 of 3,079
Shanling M3s. There is a used one on the sales forum for $230ish. with case. Solid deal. Great sounding player. The M3s has dual everything on the hardware side and it clearly shows in the balanced. Single end is no joke either.

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2018 at 2:35 PM Post #1,226 of 3,079
Actually just bought a iFI iEMatch to deal with background noise, my X7 has 2,2 Ohm.
I bought it when I had 712 pro and other full sized headphones, before realising a decent iem was everything I needed.

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2018 at 3:04 PM Post #1,228 of 3,079
Shanling M3s. There is a used one on the sales forum for $230ish. with case. Solid deal. Great sounding player. The M3s has dual everything on the hardware side and it clearly shows in the balanced. Single end is no joke either.

The Shanling M3s would be a choice if the navigation wasn't an issue. In my opinion the one wheel which does all is a bit trouble some for me.
At the same time, in this segment all the DAPs that have balanced offer really miniscule improvement over single ended so I'm really confused which options I should consider.

Feb 20, 2018 at 5:51 PM Post #1,229 of 3,079
Is the 3.5mm or 2.5mm iematch? I was thinking the 2.5 version might be worth trying with the M3s balanced output.

I'm surprised a 2.5 version even exist: aren't 2.5 balanced amp designed for iems in the first place?

Feb 20, 2018 at 5:59 PM Post #1,230 of 3,079

I'm surprised a 2.5 version even exist: aren't 2.5 balanced amp designed for iems in the first place?

2.5 is definitely used more for IEMs, but not all IEMs and not all balanced DAPs or amps have the same impedance. Some IEMs will be too sensitive to use with some sources.

Also, in addition to getting mild hiss with the IT01/M3s, I own a Walnut F1, which despite having a 2.5mm output is unsuitable for sensitive IEMs. (But works great with high-impedance earbuds or full-sized headphones.) I'd be interested to see if the 2.5 IEMatch would open up options for use with the F1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back