iBasso IT01 a fun IEM. Single multilayered graphene driver. !! 99 USD !!
Jan 11, 2019 at 12:57 PM Post #2,926 of 3,079
Had these for about a year, and looking to get some more variety in the tips, can't get a good seal with any of the ones provided. Can anyone suggest replacements? Thanks!
JVC Spiral Dot, Auvio red core wide-bore.

What size do You regularly use? Maybe it is rather issue in size? Try going down or up one size.

Jan 11, 2019 at 3:01 PM Post #2,927 of 3,079
Don't recall if we have a dedicated IT01s thread, so I will drop my IT01s Review here. Enjoy the read! Will post it soon on Head-fi as well.

ibasso_it01s-00.jpg ibasso_it01s-13.jpg ibasso_it01s-14.jpg ibasso_it01s-16.jpg

Jan 11, 2019 at 4:13 PM Post #2,928 of 3,079
Jan 12, 2019 at 7:29 AM Post #2,929 of 3,079
Was just wondering if there's a suitable cable with these that have android controls. Preferably one that doesn't lose much of the sound quality.

Saw some random cables but I have no idea about the quality. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Jan 12, 2019 at 2:35 PM Post #2,931 of 3,079
NOTE:

I was sleeping with my IT01 and somehow slept in bad position so left mmcx got little loose.
Well, for everyone that has little loose IT01 mmcx connection point - do this:
1) take a needle
2) hold the loose side cable male end (disconnected) firmly in hand
3) carefully poke the needle tip under cable end male mmcx connector outer tiny ring gap
4) now just slightly "lever" and "bend" that tiny ring on connector so it goes slighly wider (do not use excess force)
5) push it back into IEM shell female connector
6) it should be now again firmly in place

Mine got fixed easily :wink:

Usually issue is that cable male end outer ring as removing it many times makes it contract too much (metal is giving in) and it can`t hold its place securely/tight in female socket.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2019 at 12:18 PM Post #2,932 of 3,079
Hi all, which iems are considered a 'step up' (or two) from the it01?

Ideally with MMCX, fairly neutral with good all round presentation and work well with EDM etc

Around the £200 mark and ideally available on Amazon uk

Thanks

Jan 15, 2019 at 12:22 PM Post #2,933 of 3,079

Ideally with MMCX, fairly neutral with good all round presentation and work well with EDM etc

Thanks

Check the latest iBasso IEM, the IT01s. https://www.head-fi.org/threads/it01s-iem-a-new-view-to-your-music.894073/

There were other IEMs mentioned there which are about the same price range such as the Moondrop's Kanas and Kanas Pro to mention some.

Jan 15, 2019 at 3:48 PM Post #2,934 of 3,079

Thanks
IT01S, Moondrop Kanas (regular version is better for EDM), BGVP DM6, Kinera IDUN Deluxe.

Jan 16, 2019 at 2:48 AM Post #2,935 of 3,079

Thanks

iBasso IT01S, BGVP DM6, and maybe Campfire Comets are all interesting upgrades to look at :)

Jan 16, 2019 at 1:18 PM Post #2,936 of 3,079
IT01S, Moondrop Kanas (regular version is better for EDM), BGVP DM6, Kinera IDUN Deluxe.

How would you describe the Moondrop Kanas' sound?

Jan 17, 2019 at 1:07 AM Post #2,937 of 3,079
Mar 2, 2019 at 11:00 AM Post #2,939 of 3,079
The IT01 are my first IEM (as in EVER) aside from the crap earphones that came with my smartphones (that I literally never used!) and I'm having a hard time with all the supplied tips..
Zeldas review here https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/ibasso-it01.22774/reviews only increased my confusion, I'm afraid.

- Why are there black tips and semi-translucent ones that are supposedly identical? Are the black ones made of rubber instead of silicone? Ist it just about style?

- What's the difference from the "wide-bored" ones to the narrower ones?
The only difference I can make out is the fact that there seems to be more deep bass with the large tips vs the smaller tips.
I guess, my hearing is so bad that I can safely stop bothering with high-res DAPs and just get a Cowon Plenue D now and enjoy the long battery life :D
(And there's people who seem to hear difference in different cables :D )

What I can say after maybe 10 hours (over several days!) of listening to these IEMS is the following:
The earphones fit my ears (outer ear) perfectly and don't hurt at all. Extremely comfortable.

None of the eartips - be it wide-bore or narrow-bore, Large, Medium or Small - hurt my ears when I wear them (haven't tested the foam tips since I need the IEMs for travel and the tips to last a long time).

The cable is amazing.. With my Sennheiser HD25-1/II I always had issues with the cable generating noise when it scratched on my jacket zipper.

Mar 2, 2019 at 11:56 AM Post #2,940 of 3,079
The IT01 are my first IEM (as in EVER) aside from the crap earphones that came with my smartphones (that I literally never used!) and I'm having a hard time with all the supplied tips..
Zeldas review here https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/ibasso-it01.22774/reviews only increased my confusion, I'm afraid.

- Why are there black tips and semi-translucent ones that are supposedly identical? Are the black ones made of rubber instead of silicone? Ist it just about style?

- What's the difference from the "wide-bored" ones to the narrower ones?
The only difference I can make out is the fact that there seems to be more deep bass with the large tips vs the smaller tips.
I guess, my hearing is so bad that I can safely stop bothering with high-res DAPs and just get a Cowon Plenue D now and enjoy the long battery life :D
(And there's people who seem to hear difference in different cables :D )

What I can say after maybe 10 hours (over several days!) of listening to these IEMS is the following:
The earphones fit my ears (outer ear) perfectly and don't hurt at all. Extremely comfortable.

None of the eartips - be it wide-bore or narrow-bore, Large, Medium or Small - hurt my ears when I wear them (haven't tested the foam tips since I need the IEMs for travel and the tips to last a long time).

The cable is amazing.. With my Sennheiser HD25-1/II I always had issues with the cable generating noise when it scratched on my jacket zipper.
Material contribute very less, but stiffer material sounds nicer but feels hard.

Wide bore means the sound pressure is not compressed by bigger mouth of eartip. If you pressurize the air, then bass will increase and treble peaks shift lower, creating more V shape tuning(acoustic resonance)

Wide bore eliminates that and feels bass shy..

IBasso pumps a lot, so wide bore is good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back