iBasso IT01 a fun IEM. Single multilayered graphene driver. !! 99 USD !!
Nov 22, 2018 at 10:23 AM Post #2,806 of 3,079
I too, bought mine through Amazon, and since they have hassle free returns, I just rebought and returned. However, if I have any issues this time, I think I'll reach out to Paul. I really want to keep them and have them work, they ****ing rock and made music on-the-go fun for me again.

Nov 25, 2018 at 11:27 AM Post #2,807 of 3,079
So my pair just arrived. Oh my gawd they are amazing. Everything the reviews said about them is true and I love them so much. I just have one question - after deciding which ear tips to use - the big or the small foams - I saw these 2 O-rings that I have no clue where they came from. Can anyone help ? https://imgur.com/a/V1tKKjT

Nov 25, 2018 at 12:08 PM Post #2,808 of 3,079
So my pair just arrived. Oh my gawd they are amazing. Everything the reviews said about them is true and I love them so much. I just have one question - after deciding which ear tips to use - the big or the small foams - I saw these 2 O-rings that I have no clue where they came from. Can anyone help ? https://imgur.com/a/V1tKKjT

Those look like the spacers that you sometimes need with certain devices if the plug on the end of the cable does not connect correctly.

Nov 25, 2018 at 2:08 PM Post #2,809 of 3,079

Those are spacers that can be used on the IT01 so that the tips do not slide on too far. It keeps them closer to the end of the nozzle. Some people may use them and some don't need them.

My mistake. They are used on the filter section.

Last edited:
iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Nov 25, 2018 at 2:29 PM Post #2,810 of 3,079
Those are spacers that can be used on the IT01 so that the tips do not slide on too far. It keeps them closer to the end of the nozzle. Some people may use them and some don't need them.

My mistake. They are used on the filter section.

How exactly are they used on the filter section? And what are the possible benefits of using them or rather their purpose?

Nov 25, 2018 at 2:35 PM Post #2,811 of 3,079
20181017_220830.jpg
How exactly are they used on the filter section? And what are the possible benefits of using them or rather their purpose?
They are used on the IT01s. The IT01s uses the same tips as the IT01. Wrong time of day or morning for me. Very late here.

The O ring is for the IT01 and IT01s as the IT01 now comes with the same screw in filter housing as the IT01-s.

Attachments

• 20181017_220830.jpg
    20181017_220830.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Nov 25, 2018 at 3:17 PM Post #2,812 of 3,079

They are used on the IT01s. The IT01s uses the same tips as the IT01. Wrong time of day or morning for me. Very late here.

The O ring is for the IT01 and IT01s as the IT01 now comes with the same screw in filter housing as the IT01-s.
Yeah that's the same way I used it but what is the advantage of having that O-ring there?

Nov 25, 2018 at 3:23 PM Post #2,813 of 3,079
Yeah that's the same way I used it but what is the advantage of having that O-ring there?

O rings provide a pressure seal (air or liquid) against adjoining mechanical components.

A secondary benefit is providing extra security of threaded components. It helps prevent threaded fasteners (in this case a nozzle filter) from loosening, by absorbing vibrations and also increasing the friction of the connection via the rubber.

They are used in everything from fuel injectors in your car’s engine, to air compressors.

On the IT01, if you don’t have that o ring, you risk some sound leakage as well as the filter loosening and falling off.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2018 at 3:55 PM Post #2,814 of 3,079
O rings provide a pressure seal (air or liquid) against adjoining mechanical components.

A secondary benefit is providing extra security of threaded components. It helps prevent threaded fasteners (in this case a nozzle filter) from loosening, by absorbing vibrations and also increasing the friction of the connection via the rubber.

They are used in everything from fuel injectors in your car’s engine, to air compressors.

On the IT01, if you don’t have that o ring, you risk some sound leakage as well as the filter loosening and falling off.
Yeah I knew about their general usage but damn I had no idea they were used with IEMs too :D Thank you for the thorough and quick information!

Nov 26, 2018 at 3:14 AM Post #2,815 of 3,079

Wait, what?!? Old IT01 (but newer versions) now use same screw-filters on nozzle as new IT01S ?

Nov 26, 2018 at 3:16 AM Post #2,816 of 3,079
Wait, what?!? Old IT01 (but newer versions) now use same screw-filters on nozzle as new IT01S ?
Yeah I had no clue the iT01s existed but my nozzles are removalable too.

Nov 26, 2018 at 3:24 AM Post #2,817 of 3,079
Yeah I had no clue the iT01s existed but my nozzles are removalable too.
Please some pics! O_o
I would also like that feature. If I had known that it will be produced, I would maybe gotten newer version. Anyway I love my modded IT01 without grills too.
I wonder how much that newer version affects FR response graphs since old version had nylon mesh also under metal grills (as I posted a while back).
Newer grills seem to be more "open" and without nylon or foam? If so, then I believe it improves micro-details and overall cleaner presentation.

And I`m still wondering how much IT01S will be priced?

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2018 at 3:57 AM Post #2,818 of 3,079
Please some pics! O_o
I would also like that feature. If I had known that it will be produced, I would maybe gotten newer version. Anyway I love my modded IT01 without grills too.
I wonder how much that newer version affects FR response graphs since old version had nylon mesh also under metal grills (as I posted a while back).
Newer grills seem to be more "open" and without nylon or foam? If so, then I believe it improves micro-details and overall cleaner presentation.

And I`m still wondering how much IT01S will be priced?

Couldn't get the macro shots a DSLR would but for a phone I think you can see enough detail :D I had no clue about the iT01s as I previously said, wondering what would be the difference between the two. How have you modded your it01 though ? Really curious to see/hear how you guys mod these.
Link to pics: https://imgur.com/a/zH4hlc1

Nov 26, 2018 at 3:59 AM Post #2,819 of 3,079

Did iBasso notice anywhere new changes made and from what date batches?

Maybe You can take pic of nozzle filter inside side when removed too?

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2018 at 4:06 AM Post #2,820 of 3,079
Did iBasso notice anywhere new changes made and from what date batches?

Maybe You can take pic of nozzle filter inside side when removed too?
Wait, I'm not getting what you mean :D Haven't I already done that in at least one of the pics in the album? If not can you give me a similar example so I can know what exactly to try and capture :)

Also not sure about the older batches but I got two extra nozzles as spares as well.
https://imgur.com/a/VlHnf6l

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back