iBasso IT01 a fun IEM. Single multilayered graphene driver. !! 99 USD !!
Apr 15, 2018 at 7:35 PM Post #1,876 of 3,079
Someone has an Idea where to buy the iBasso t01 in germany?
From ibasso.com the price $120, which is with tax $142 in the end. Another shop has it for 120€ which is to expensive also and is way over my budget.

I bought mine directly from ibasso and my son bought his from penon audio. The $109 from penon includes dhl shipping, it took about 8 days to arrive to Canada.

https://penonaudio.com/ibasso-it01.html

Apr 16, 2018 at 4:02 AM Post #1,877 of 3,079
+1 I also suggest to order from Penon if You are located in EU. But make sure to buy 1$ gift certificate, as then Your item should pass customs without extra cost and declaration. I got my IT01 from Penon for 93€ with shipping.

Apr 16, 2018 at 7:19 AM Post #1,878 of 3,079
From ibasso.com the price $120, which is with tax $142 in the end. Another shop has it for 120€ which is to expensive also and is way over my budget.
Bought mine at https://fiio-shop.de/kopfhoerer/388/ibasso-it01

Apr 16, 2018 at 8:42 AM Post #1,879 of 3,079
+1 I also suggest to order from Penon if You are located in EU. But make sure to buy 1$ gift certificate, as then Your item should pass customs without extra cost and declaration. I got my IT01 from Penon for 93€ with shipping.

Thats sounds good, how do I do that with a $1 gift certificate? Because the code is supposed to be emailed.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2018 at 1:22 PM Post #1,880 of 3,079
Got these to replace the RE-400s I use at work and I'm pretty disappointed, though it's really on me. Not disappointed in the sound, in fact I enjoy it quite a bit, but unfortunately the nozzles are just too wide and long to be comfortable in my small and-probably-oddly-angled ear canals. I can deal ok enough with wide nozzles but these things are pretty long too, so they just sit very uncomfortably in my ear (I can actually feel the nozzle). Using a tip that keeps the nozzle away from my ear has the unfortunate effect of making the rest of my ear uncomfortable from the housing pushing on it (in order to have both inner and outer ear comfort means a pretty crappy position that doesn't yield great sound).

Real shame, the sound signature is kinda what I was looking for but I really should have put more effort into looking at the nozzles first (knew they took T-500 comply tips; I've worn T-400 sized nozzles without issue but those have been much shorter nozzles).

Apr 16, 2018 at 2:28 PM Post #1,881 of 3,079
Got these to replace the RE-400s I use at work and I'm pretty disappointed, though it's really on me. Not disappointed in the sound, in fact I enjoy it quite a bit, but unfortunately the nozzles are just too wide and long to be comfortable in my small and-probably-oddly-angled ear canals. I can deal ok enough with wide nozzles but these things are pretty long too, so they just sit very uncomfortably in my ear (I can actually feel the nozzle). Using a tip that keeps the nozzle away from my ear has the unfortunate effect of making the rest of my ear uncomfortable from the housing pushing on it (in order to have both inner and outer ear comfort means a pretty crappy position that doesn't yield great sound).

Real shame, the sound signature is kinda what I was looking for but I really should have put more effort into looking at the nozzles first (knew they took T-500 comply tips; I've worn T-400 sized nozzles without issue but those have been much shorter nozzles).

I've been looking for a RE-400 upgrade too but it's hard to find an IEM with a similar sound signature with the same comfort. The lightweight frame and easy insertion is pretty awesome. I also have small canals.

Apr 16, 2018 at 3:11 PM Post #1,883 of 3,079

Interesting problem. I have also small ears and ear-canals but with silicone tips like S size JVC Spiral Dot and S-size Auvio wide bore I get no discomfort.
Those tips are both short and reach only ~2mm over the nozzle metal edge when pushed all the way down to nozzle end against plastic shell of IT01.
Try different tips before giving up on these :wink:

Apr 16, 2018 at 3:26 PM Post #1,884 of 3,079
I have some CP100-Ss on the way so I'm hoping those will work out. I think the problem has been that the smaller tips I have just don't go past the edge of the nozzle enough (like the small wide-bore grey tips the IT01 comes with barely seem to get past it) or just don't give me the right fit/sound (like the Spinfit CP240-S).

Apr 16, 2018 at 3:29 PM Post #1,885 of 3,079

Try the new Campfire Audio Comets. They are easy on the ears.

Apr 16, 2018 at 3:36 PM Post #1,886 of 3,079
I have some CP100-Ss on the way so I'm hoping those will work out. I think the problem has been that the smaller tips I have just don't go past the edge of the nozzle enough (like the small wide-bore grey tips the IT01 comes with barely seem to get past it) or just don't give me the right fit/sound (like the Spinfit CP240-S).
With the IT01 I preferred Spiral Dots (ML) over Spinfits (L) - due to the IT01’s wide nozzle, the shallower fit of the Spiral Dots was more comfortable.

Apr 16, 2018 at 3:39 PM Post #1,887 of 3,079
Try the new Campfire Audio Comets. They are easy on the ears.
I’m interested in the CA Comet, do you have both and can you compare the sound?

Apr 16, 2018 at 3:42 PM Post #1,888 of 3,079
Well, another option would be ordering longer stem/nozzle tips like these cheapos for example that come only with this cheap IEM: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...phone-Earphone-Free-Shipping/32800300429.html
They fit quite nice with IT01 but need little cut-off about 2mm @ nozzle neck to get proper length (cover whole IT01 metal nozzle length) with small ears and deep/snug fit (at least with my ears).

Apr 16, 2018 at 10:49 PM Post #1,889 of 3,079

I've done this for a different reason to get good fitment with a problem IEM but I'm thinking that this might help you out. Since you're not very likely to ever use a large sized tip sacrifice it to make extender rings. Turn the ear tip inside out and cut off just the portion that goes over the nozzle of the body. Cut that nozzle tube into 3 pieces (you could try 2 or 4 to change the amount of spacing). Put one of these nozzle rings into the nozzle before you put on the ear tip you want to use. This will move its opening away from the end of the nozzle but should still leave enough of the nozzle for the ear tip to stay attached properly. I've done this when I've had IEMs with a very short nozzle and needed just a bit more depth from the ear tip for good comfortable fitment but the same process seems to me to be able to solve the problem for you.

Apr 16, 2018 at 11:09 PM Post #1,890 of 3,079
I've done this for a different reason to get good fitment with a problem IEM but I'm thinking that this might help you out. Since you're not very likely to ever use a large sized tip sacrifice it to make extender rings. Turn the ear tip inside out and cut off just the portion that goes over the nozzle of the body. Cut that nozzle tube into 3 pieces (you could try 2 or 4 to change the amount of spacing). Put one of these nozzle rings into the nozzle before you put on the ear tip you want to use. This will move its opening away from the end of the nozzle but should still leave enough of the nozzle for the ear tip to stay attached properly. I've done this when I've had IEMs with a very short nozzle and needed just a bit more depth from the ear tip for good comfortable fitment but the same process seems to me to be able to solve the problem for you.

Great advice!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back