iBasso IT00 and AM05 Two very different IEMs with one purpose, to Enjoy the Music!
Aug 10, 2020 at 5:04 PM Post #661 of 1,036
Could you elaborate how they sound better? The IT00 are my first chi-fi IEMs and compared to every IEM I've owned the last 15 years (mainstream stuff up to $250 incl. wireless stuff) they really sound amazing. I've never owned any other high end stuff. I have been looking around to find out what more money (double/triple the MSRP of the IT00) would get me but it's a wild west out of there.

I've been looking at the IT01S and Audio123 mentioned those are "more balanced sounding with bigger stage, more forward midrange and improved clarity" than the IT00. As a newbie I can only imagine how good thát would sound.

Spending $75 on the IT00 turned out to be a good investment, but double or triple that without the ability to test them beforehand feels very risky.

Bear in mind that you already have something really good. Say, 90% better than most stuff on the market. So when someone says X or Y is ‘better’ than what you have now, you’re down to splitting hairs and chasing those last 1% here and 2% there.

The problem is those last few % become very expensive, and the argument is that the return on investment is very poor. For example, stepping up to the $69 IT00 from a $5 ‘gas stations earphone is a HUGE sound improvement for the $64 difference. But if you were to spend $64 more dollars over the IT00 (for a total of $120-$130ish), the sonic improvement would be quite small (and in some cases a step back).

The other problem you run into is X or Y might be better than your IT00 at some things (like better soundstage and nicer midrange), but it might be worse than the IT00 on something else (like bass for example). This is why you see people post things like “I wish someone could take the sub bass from X and the mids and soundstage from Y and the treble from Z”. That is the proverbial unicorn that most of us are all so desperately seeking, but can never seem to quite find!

Just some stuff to keep in the back of your mind...

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2020 at 5:36 PM Post #662 of 1,036
Bear in mind that you already have something really good. Say, 90% better than most stuff on the market. So when someone says X or Y is ‘better’ than what you have now, you’re down to splitting hairs and chasing those last 1% here and 2% there.

The problem is those last few % become very expensive, and the argument is that the return on investment is very poor. For example, stepping up to the $69 IT00 from a $5 ‘gas stations earphone is a HUGE sound improvement for the $64 difference. But if you were to spend $64 more dollars over the IT00 (for a total of $120-$130ish), the sonic improvement would be quite small (and in some cases a step back).

The other problem you run into is X or Y might be better than your IT00 at some things (like better soundstage and nicer midrange), but it might be worse than the IT00 on something else (like bass for example). This is why you see people post things like “I wish someone could take the sub bass from X and the mids and soundstage from Y and the treble from Z”. That is the proverbial unicorn that most of us are all so desperately seeking, but can never seem to quite find!

Exactly. The law of diminishing returns.
Id rather have the IT00 and the CF01 Bluetooth amp module than anything else...it’s that good and I run a $3000 setup for my bedside...but I didn’t even turn that on but once yesterday but spent 3 hours with these and was over-joyed

Aug 10, 2020 at 9:18 PM Post #663 of 1,036

You can not say it in a better way!!! I just wanna print your post and hang it on a wall to read it every morning !!

Aug 11, 2020 at 2:29 AM Post #664 of 1,036
So I got my pair today, but also a surprise "derecho" that wrecked a good deal of my property and basically the entire city I live in.

So I guess overall you can say it was an average day...

Glad I got the IT00 off my porch 10 minutes before the derecho.

I have them in my ears now, and they sound a lot better than the derecho and the aftermath (neverending chainsaws and sirens).

So far it's an interesting sound. I've been listening to a lot of Beryllium sets and this definitely doesn't sound like those aside from having great transient response.

These are vivid sounding like the OG Andromeda. This will be a fun set to pair with certain substances. It's very lush, lively and euphoric even though it's quite warm sounding.

Aug 11, 2020 at 3:47 AM Post #666 of 1,036
So I got my pair today, but also a surprise "derecho" that wrecked a good deal of my property and basically the entire city I live in.

I have them in my ears now, and they sound a lot better than the derecho and the aftermath (neverending chainsaws and sirens).

So far it's an interesting sound. I've been listening to a lot of Beryllium sets and this definitely doesn't sound like those aside from having great transient response.

These are vivid sounding like the OG Andromeda. This will be a fun set to pair with certain substances. It's very lush, lively and euphoric even though it's quite warm sounding.
Sorry to hear of the terrible storm. Horrible thing added to these Covid times. Hope you get a little joy from your music and these IEMs.

Aug 11, 2020 at 5:07 AM Post #667 of 1,036

Thanks for the advice, that makes a lot of sense. I'm gonna buy a pair for my husband too, that's probably a better investment!

Aug 11, 2020 at 6:59 AM Post #670 of 1,036

Prayers

Aug 11, 2020 at 7:02 AM Post #671 of 1,036
It’s my youngest son’s birthday today, but I don’t know who’s more excited!

841D3046-749E-413B-ACCB-3151210C7295.jpeg

Aug 11, 2020 at 7:13 AM Post #673 of 1,036
Would anyone know how ibasso it00 compare to ultimate ears triple fi 10? They're around 10yrs old now
I think the Triple Fi 10 and the IT00's actually sound close to each other. I suppose given the choice between the two I would still choose the Ultimate Ears. There's something about the Ultimate Ears that's really something special.

I do rate the iBasso IT00 very highly they Are really excellent value for money. I also think thei Basso's sound a bit better than Fiio's FD1.

Aug 11, 2020 at 8:07 AM Post #674 of 1,036
It’s my youngest son’s birthday today, but I don’t know who’s more excited!

Nice! Look forward to your impressions. There's a big button just trolling you to click "BUY IT AGAIN" lol. Maybe a second IT00 will be a suitable gift for your son's birthday?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back