iBasso IT00 and AM05 Two very different IEMs with one purpose, to Enjoy the Music!
Aug 10, 2020 at 12:29 AM Post #646 of 1,036
IMO

I think the timbre is on point with the IT00
If you listen to Jazz and classical like I do, you will find it Rock Solid in all ranges...Solid in all Rock (music) ranges too.
The CF01...along with TIDAL MASTER quality tracks...unbelievable perfection.
And comfort laying down...moving around too...I went downstairs...outside...no issue 40 feet!!!....not tied to 8 or 6 feet with my other phones.

Check out this track. IT doesn’t miss a beat, snare...dark space...
I looked that up on Tidal and was trying to figure out why Stephanie was a man in the artist picture, then realized it was Stephane. Time for sleep.

Aug 10, 2020 at 12:47 AM Post #647 of 1,036
I don't know. Methinks thou dost protest too much about this timbre business. Mastering and source file quality is so much an issue and a variable among listeners than the transducer timbre.

Exactly...all of the components are so important.
Poor source, poor end.
ROMEO

I do protest I never injured thee,
But love thee better than thou canst devise,
Till thou shalt know the reason of my love.
And so, good Capulet—which name I tender
As dearly as my own—be satisfied.

Aug 10, 2020 at 1:10 AM Post #648 of 1,036
I don't know about you, but I'm getting tired of all of these IEMs wanting a 100 hr. break in. Now the anticipation of knowing the delivery date is nearing, becomes anti-climactic.
I usually have at least one set burning in at all times. It gets tiring.... But you can usually tell the good ones pretty quick and then it's just a matter of reaching the equilibrium where the sounds stabilizes. I definitely overkill the whole burn in process for most pairs....

Aug 10, 2020 at 1:25 AM Post #649 of 1,036
I don't know about you, but I'm getting tired of all of these IEMs wanting a 100 hr. break in. Now the anticipation of knowing the delivery date is nearing, becomes anti-climactic.
Yeah, I just listen to them. Why wait? Break-in is never so dramatic that hour 100 has no resemblance to the first. And it's almost always for the better.

Aug 10, 2020 at 1:35 AM Post #650 of 1,036
There is no reason at all not to listen. I don't think any company is saying that but the sound does change some and with some products more than others. I remember Cary Audio starting back in the early 90's saying their equipment needed at least 100 hours to start sounding its best. It is just the way it is, no big deal. Drivers for some time that are made out of extremely stiff materials take a while, again no big deal but on a number of IEMs and headphones I can hear as time goes on, that they open up and the bass becomes more articulate along with other changes like a smoother treble etc.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2020 at 10:31 AM Post #652 of 1,036
iBasso like to stress burn in. Worth noting; most people won't get to 100 hours before the return period ends.
Many manufactures state this but it takes a little over 4 days for 100 hours. Four days is a very short return period.

Aug 10, 2020 at 10:46 AM Post #654 of 1,036
I know within the first moment.
You like it or you don’t.
These...I like, after these 4 days...I like them even more!!
I would agree. If something doesn't sound good, bur- in isn't going to get it sounding good but if something does sound good, often burn in just improves it IMO.

Aug 10, 2020 at 12:29 PM Post #658 of 1,036
I’m still enjoying my IT00 immensely. I can’t imagine any other earphone at this price point sounding better than this (though I’m open to being proved wrong). That said, earlier in the thread a few people mentioned that they would be happy with the IT00 even if they were $300. I wouldn’t. The E5000 are around that pricepoint and to me sound significantly better in every possible way.

Aug 10, 2020 at 1:34 PM Post #659 of 1,036
I’m still enjoying my IT00 immensely. I can’t imagine any other earphone at this price point sounding better than this (though I’m open to being proved wrong). That said, earlier in the thread a few people mentioned that they would be happy with the IT00 even if they were $300. I wouldn’t. The E5000 are around that pricepoint and to me sound significantly better in every possible way.
Could you elaborate how they sound better? The IT00 are my first chi-fi IEMs and compared to every IEM I've owned the last 15 years (mainstream stuff up to $250 incl. wireless stuff) they really sound amazing. I've never owned any other high end stuff. I have been looking around to find out what more money (double/triple the MSRP of the IT00) would get me but it's a wild west out of there.

I've been looking at the IT01S and Audio123 mentioned those are "more balanced sounding with bigger stage, more forward midrange and improved clarity" than the IT00. As a newbie I can only imagine how good thát would sound.

Spending $75 on the IT00 turned out to be a good investment, but double or triple that without the ability to test them beforehand feels very risky.

Aug 10, 2020 at 1:36 PM Post #660 of 1,036
Yeah I dont think they're exactly equal in the technicalities. The E5000 wins there. That said, the IT00 does sub-bass extension better than the E5000. In fact, I can't think of another single-DD IEM in this price range that does slam as good as the IT00. And of course it does not need nearly as much power as the E5000 does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back