iBasso IT00 and AM05 Two very different IEMs with one purpose, to Enjoy the Music!
Jul 30, 2020 at 12:52 PM Post #376 of 1,036
Damn, I had to order the IT00 from iBasso. The white color was what put me over. Also, getting a little tired of the BL03 fit.

Same cost as Amazon after shipping but I'm not giving Bezos any more of my money (already give him too much as it is).

Jul 30, 2020 at 7:49 PM Post #378 of 1,036
To those who already have their set: How is the fit for aftermarket cables on the IT00? It's hard to tell from the pics. I remember the IT01 being picky when it came the mmcx plug's radius. If the IT00 has the exact same shell, it likely won't fit my preferred cable.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2020 at 8:09 PM Post #379 of 1,036
cab.jpg

I only tried this balanced cable on IT00 other than stock cable (pain to disconnect)
It barely fits. No click sound but somehow it stayed on. I am sure other people will chime in with their experience.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2020 at 9:17 PM Post #380 of 1,036
So I have the IT01, which I enjoy.

I’ve been eyeing the IT00, as well as the IT01S.

I know it’s a long shot, but does anyone have all 3 models that they could compare?

Jul 30, 2020 at 9:37 PM Post #381 of 1,036
I only tried this balanced cable on IT00 other than stock cable (pain to disconnect)
It barely fit. No click sound but somehow it stayed on. I am sure other people will chime in with their experience.
Thanks for sharing the pic. The mmcx plug looks similar to my cable, so there's a small chance it'll work. :metal:

Jul 30, 2020 at 9:45 PM Post #382 of 1,036
How does the IT00 cope with fast and complex passages of songs? This is one of the few faults of the Starfield for me. It’s prone to sounding chaotic and congested when too much is going on. This is where the cheaper cost of these sets becomes apparent.
I listen heavily to orchestral classical music. The it00 handles fast, complex music with ease.

Jul 30, 2020 at 11:44 PM Post #383 of 1,036
I'm considering the IT00, and noise isolation is very important to me. Could anyone who has it and any of the following earphones compare their level of isolation?

- Thieaudio Legacy 3 (also considering)
- Dunu DM-480 (also considering)
- Mee Pinnacle PX / P1 (My current best isolation)
- KZ ZS3 / ZS3E / ZS4
- Moondrop Kanas / Kanas Pro

Thanks!

Hi friend in the above list i only have the Dunu DM480 and Dunu DM480 (unvented) has better isolation than the IT100 (vented).

I would say IT100's isolation is average to slightly above average, whereas DM480 has isolation quite close to multi BA unvented type IEMs (DM480 is a rare anomaly having no vents in a pure DD setup).

But in terms of tonality IT100 is better balanced, smoother and not as fatiguing. DM480 has a more wicked subbass visceral rumble though but the mids are more recessed with poorer vocal performance and timbre on DM480.

Jul 31, 2020 at 2:58 AM Post #384 of 1,036
Ordered mine Sunday evening from iBasso.. Monday got the confirmation and shipping notification and they arrived today (Thursday).. Kudos to DHL.

I'd say that the IT00 have no business sounding this good for $69. I paid another $22 in shipping and then some import duties working out to about $145cdn in total and yet they are still a bargain. Listening now in balanced mode out of my WM1A and out of the box they sound great. If I had to complain at all I would say that there is a little congestion but that's compared to my Solaris 2020 so really that's nothing to complain about and as a burn in exponent, I suspect these will loosen up and that mild congestion will fall into place like the crisp treble and beautiful vocals. Bass is authoritative and relatively clean. I'm very pleased with these and very glad I bought them. Compared to the BLON3 (but from memory) these are more cohesive sounding and have a better soundstage with more air and better imaging. Listening to DIre Straits Brothers in Arms album and it's really sounding great with little moments of brilliance as a guitar note has perfect tonality.. Well done iBasso and thanks all for the contributions to this thread that got me to order these..

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2020 at 3:02 AM Post #385 of 1,036
PS.. Someone asked about cables.. I've tried a Tripowin (?) from Linsoul, I think, and a Campfire Audio litz and both were tight but not a problem to change.

Jul 31, 2020 at 3:15 AM Post #388 of 1,036
What about the IT00's stock cable(connection) ?
Is it usable or not ? I don't have another mmcx cable

Just tried it and though I didn't particularly like how it sounded compared to the Litz cable or maybe because I was using the single ended output on my WM1A but it was perfectly serviceable and no seeming difference in the connection.

Jul 31, 2020 at 3:37 AM Post #389 of 1,036
To those who already have their set: How is the fit for aftermarket cables on the IT00? It's hard to tell from the pics. I remember the IT01 being picky when it came the mmcx plug's radius. If the IT00 has the exact same shell, it likely won't fit my preferred cable.

Been using this **** SPC cable, and I have no problem switching between this and the stock cable. I wanted to see if there was a difference so I was cable rolling between them. On a lower powered device like my fiio m3, I couldn't hear them. But using it now on a shanling q1, it certainly did increase the space and clarity in mids. I was always a skeptic before, but I was able to confirm it for myself at least

Attachments

• IMG_20200728_231156.jpg
    IMG_20200728_231156.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Jul 31, 2020 at 3:39 AM Post #390 of 1,036

It barely fits. No click sound but somehow it stayed on. I am sure other people will chime in with their experience.

Mine clicks all the time with either cables. I can confirm that it's pretty tough to pull out. But I'd rather that happen than have them fitting loosely like on some tin t2+ out there

Users who are viewing this thread

Back