iBasso IT00 and AM05 Two very different IEMs with one purpose, to Enjoy the Music!
Jul 29, 2020 at 12:17 AM Post #347 of 1,036
Same here. I was looking at the L3 but started reading about QC issues and different sound signatures (graphs) and figured that the IT00 is probably a safer choice. Plus I get a better feeling about the general impressions I’ve read here.

Jul 29, 2020 at 6:18 AM Post #348 of 1,036
I'm considering the IT00, and noise isolation is very important to me. Could anyone who has it and any of the following earphones compare their level of isolation?

- Thieaudio Legacy 3 (also considering)
- Dunu DM-480 (also considering)
- Mee Pinnacle PX / P1 (My current best isolation)
- KZ ZS3 / ZS3E / ZS4
- Moondrop Kanas / Kanas Pro

Thanks!

Jul 29, 2020 at 7:09 AM Post #349 of 1,036
I'm considering the IT00, and noise isolation is very important to me. Could anyone who has it and any of the following earphones compare their level of isolation?

- KZ ZS3 / ZS3E / ZS4

Thanks!
From my experience (with DM-480 and ZS4 only) the DM-480 is the best one (and probably top 3 of all my iems).

I sold it to my friend though so cant help anymore, but it is an isolation king.

Jul 29, 2020 at 7:36 AM Post #350 of 1,036

- KZ ZS3 / ZS3E / ZS4

Thanks!
Unfortunately, the only one of those that I’ve heard is the L3. I can vouch for it, that due to it’s tubed design, if using foam tips, and getting a great seal, they can provide very high levels of isolation. The IEMs with DDs, and thus vents, that are open designs within the shell (not tubed designs), cannot reach similar levels of isolation.

Jul 29, 2020 at 8:38 AM Post #351 of 1,036
I'd like to add that isolation is quite dependent on fit and seal. If we're speaking of some tiny piston-shaped IEMs things are plain enough, the seal can always be achieved and only the constructive design and the sound transparency of the shells matters, but with the bigger shells with more sophisticated designs the one can get a perfect fit&seal and therefore higher isolation and the other will strive, tiproll but will find only mediocrity.

Jul 29, 2020 at 2:38 PM Post #352 of 1,036
How many hours on the IT00? I find it takes at least 100 for it to open up and become even more spacious with improved separation.

Interesting observation after I burn in both IT00 and NM2 with a pink noise for 20 hours straight since yesterday. Over the past few years, I was busy chasing BA + DD hybrids that I completely stopped doing burn in process and forgot how it affects the single dynamic driver.
Both IT00 and NM2 changed for better thankfully.

735F0DDC-41C7-4CD0-9DBD-EF53A1C8CA8C.jpeg
Above is a note I was jotting down while listening to them yesterday and it’s still relevant, but I am finding NM2’s treble edginess is mostly absent today and replaced with pleasing and detailed highs that shimmers. Interestingly IT00’s bass and mid focused L shaped sound signature is shifted to more balanced today. I am actually scratching my head to why. Could it be my mood today? I don’t think my hearing was tired yesterday.
Anyway more listening reveals NM2 and IT00 represent one of the best value for money currently. Both have very capable DDs tuned by people who seem to believe that music is not just sound.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2020 at 2:45 PM Post #353 of 1,036
Interesting observation after I burn in both IT00 and NM2 with a pink noise for 20 hours straight since yesterday. Over the past few years, I was busy chasing BA + DD hybrids that I completely stopped doing burn in process and forgot how it affects the single dynamic driver.
Both IT00 and NM2 changed for better thankfully.

735F0DDC-41C7-4CD0-9DBD-EF53A1C8CA8C.jpeg
Above is a note I was jotting down while listening to them yesterday and it’s still relevant, but I am finding NM2’s treble edginess is mostly absent today and replaced with pleasing and detailed highs that shimmers. Interestingly IT00’s bass and mid focused L shaped sound signature is shifted to more balanced today. I am actually scratching my head why. Could it be my mood today? I don’t think my hearing was tired yesterday.
Anyway more listening reveals NM2 and IT00 represent one of the best value for money currently. Both have very capable DDs tuned by people who seem to believe that music is not just sound.
The IT00 has a very stiff driver. It requires mechanical movement to relax certain areas and this then increases the sound quality but it takes a number of hours for this to occur. Enjoy the Music! And, stay safe out there.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jul 29, 2020 at 2:50 PM Post #354 of 1,036
Is the driver's stiffness also the reason for the driver flex some owners of the IT00, myself included, reported?

Jul 29, 2020 at 2:50 PM Post #355 of 1,036
The IT00 has a very stiff driver. It requires mechanical movement to relax certain areas and this then increases the sound quality but it takes a number of hours for this to occur. Enjoy the Music! And, stay safe out there.
How many hours would you recommend to burn in then? Guess I will burn them in when I get them.

Jul 29, 2020 at 3:01 PM Post #356 of 1,036
How many hours would you recommend to burn in then? Guess I will burn them in when I get them.

At least 100 hours.

Is the driver's stiffness also the reason for the driver flex some owners of the IT00, myself included, reported?

Because this is a dynamic driver, like a mini speaker driver, if the pressure is not relieved as they are inserted, either by angling as inserted or done slowly and dependent upon the ear canal shape, there can be driver flex. I tried 10 test IT00s here and I could not get flex but that is because of my ear canal shape and I don't insert rapidly. But even when I do insert rapidly I don't get any and this is most likely due to my ear canal shape.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jul 29, 2020 at 3:01 PM Post #357 of 1,036
I feel about 20-30 hours should be sufficient and after that changes should be very minimal but I will report back after 100 hours.

@Poganin I don’t think driver stiffness have anything to do with a driver flex. It’s probably how they designed pressure equalizing vents. Front vent close to the eartips is not big enough for pressurized air to escape fast enough. I am sure they could have made it bigger but than it could have compromised the SQ.
Edit: oh @Paul - iBasso already responded

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2020 at 3:29 PM Post #358 of 1,036
I need to do a huge brag for Paul and iBasso.

I received the IT00 on a direct order, within 2 days
From Hong Kong, all the way to Texas.

Two days before the estimated shipping date.

I am glad I can trust this company and trust timely responses and timely shipping.

And now time to listen and burn-in and listen.

Jul 29, 2020 at 3:34 PM Post #359 of 1,036
I don't get any driver flex with the it00. Spent some time A/B/C..ing, iBasso it00, YBF iss014, Blon 03, all with Spiral Dot L. Both the iss014 and Blon 03 are noted for their bass, but the it00 has as much sub bass/bass and is faster and more organic with better timbre. That is after about a week of burn in. It's a very addictive listen.

Jul 29, 2020 at 4:42 PM Post #360 of 1,036
Must be the shape of my right ear canal then, because I get driver flex in other IEMs, too, and always in the right ear. Thanks for the explanation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back