iBasso IT00 and AM05 Two very different IEMs with one purpose, to Enjoy the Music!
Jul 28, 2020 at 3:49 PM Post #318 of 1,036
For those who have had these the longest, how is the coating holding up?

Jul 28, 2020 at 4:25 PM Post #319 of 1,036
After two weeks of everyday use they still look good as new. I do baby my IEMs though.
Also, I think the shells are actually made of white plastic, rather than painted white.

Jul 28, 2020 at 4:28 PM Post #320 of 1,036
Zero problem but there doesn't appear to be anything to come off. I scraped mine with a knife edge, on the ear side, and they are still white. This would not be an issue.

Jul 28, 2020 at 4:29 PM Post #321 of 1,036
So how is the IT00 vs NM2 vs NA2? Are any redundant in your opinion?

Since I have the FDX1, which is really quite bright and neutral sounding, I think I’m gonna hold off on the NM2. I’m actually surprised that you don‘t have the FDX1/FD01 since you like modding IEMs, and given your music tastes.

I always wanted to grab one, but buying from massdrop (drop now?) gave me a pause.
I might still grab one if I happen to encounter one at a good price on secondary market.
NA2 and NM2 might be redundant if you already have the FDX1.

There is a good news, our master modder james444 is getting the IT00 soon.
I am sure he will provide some valuable measurements and more inputs.

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2020 at 4:31 PM Post #322 of 1,036
I always wanted to grab one, but buying from massdrop (drop now?) gave me a pause.
I might still grab one if I happen to encounter one at a good price on secondary market.
"NA2 and NM2 might be redundant if you already have the FDX1."

What about the opposite? Still true? As in, is the NA2/NM2 a similar alternative to the FD1? I cant get stuff from drop due to extreme high fees...And also dislike bullet style iems.

Jul 28, 2020 at 4:40 PM Post #323 of 1,036

What about the opposite? Still true? As in, is the NA2/NM2 a similar alternative to the FD1? I cant get stuff from drop due to extreme high fees...And also dislike bullet style iems.

Hard to say since I am just going by other people's description about the sound of the FD1.
I am sure they are different enough to own both so I retract my comment.

Jul 28, 2020 at 5:34 PM Post #326 of 1,036
Is RUSH prog rock? Let me compare them and get back to you.

Both with stock cable, stock everything except IT00 with azla sedna short tips. NM2 with stock eartips.

Tom Sawyer by Rush
IT00: softer more natural presentation. More life like. Slightly blurry between vocal and instruments. Not much depth between vocal and drums. Synthesizer sounds romantic. Good sense of realism and overall more pleasing tube like sound. Cymbals clashes with proper attack and decay but bit tamed.

NM2: feels more edge and dampened studio like sound presentation. Bit more separation between instruments but sometimes induce harsher sound. Cymbal clashes are splashier. More digital sound (?) grainier.

IT00 is better suited for this genre for me.

Jul 28, 2020 at 5:42 PM Post #328 of 1,036

There is a good news, our master modder james444 is getting the IT00 soon.
I am sure he will provide some valuable measurements and more inputs.

FWIW, I don’t find the NA2 to be similar to the FDX1. The NA2 has quite a bit more bass, MUCH less prominent upper mids in stock form, but similar treble (neither are too bright). The FDX1 seems to have more clarity and resolution. Micro detail actually may be very slightly more on the NA2 though. I find the FDX1 fatiguing at louder volumes, with a lot of genres of music, but I don’t find the NA2 fatiguing at all. The FDX1 sounds quite a bit more neutral, and perhaps is similar to the NM2. I find that the FDX1 is my best IEM for classical, orchestral, jazz, acoustic music, or if wanting tons of resolution.

The NA2 has an eerie way of revealing incredibly fine details, while not sounding “hyper-detailed” and fatiguing. It’s hard to explain. Knowing your sound preferences, @RikudouGoku, I would definitely recommend the NA2 over the FDX1 for you.

Jul 28, 2020 at 5:42 PM Post #329 of 1,036
Out of curiosity I pulled out my modded Tanchjim Hana and it sounds better than IT00 with adding sense of space around the vocal, two guitars and drum sets. HANA is double the cost though.
How many hours on the IT00? I find it takes at least 100 for it to open up and become even more spacious with improved separation.

Jul 28, 2020 at 5:45 PM Post #330 of 1,036
Although my delivery estimate for the IT00 still shows the middle of August, Amazon's release date has been pushed back to September 13th.
I hope that they're operating under the "first come, first served" policy...
I also purchased it earlier. I think that the “In Stock” date is the current estimated date when they anticipate all prior orders will be filled, and the item will be in stock for additional purchases. Your estimated arrival date should hopefully be accurate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back