iBasso fi.Quest Official Thread
May 4, 2010 at 4:04 PM Post #436 of 668
Well I've finally got my review of the FiQuest up - took 2 months to get everything straight, but I think I've sussed it. Great portable/transportable amp for a variety of uses. It will probably go to replace my desktop amp unless I really want a bite of distortion!

May 5, 2010 at 11:39 AM Post #437 of 668
anyone hear from ryuzoh?

May 5, 2010 at 12:24 PM Post #438 of 668
nope, I think spud might've been the last person out of us to hear from him, unless Jon has. I should really post some pics of my amp now its undergone such a transformation, it really is sounding utterly superb lately. gonna go through and replace some of the SMD caps for compensation and filter with smd panasonic PPS films, along with swapping in evox/rifa/kemet PPS for the wimas. Then I will have replaced most everything in the amp
wink.gif
i've even replaced the volume knob with a custom made titanium one
wink.gif
larger for better feel and it looks pretty sweet too

May 6, 2010 at 10:40 AM Post #439 of 668
Sound tasty... Too busy lately that I even lack time to listen to my rigs. It really pity that ryuzoh seems to be following doctor Xin foot step. Both made some of the best amp out there.

May 6, 2010 at 11:53 AM Post #440 of 668
By the way, I've been testing the prototypes for the next, smaller version, and all I can say is: hell yeah; Ryuzoh has done a very good job with both versions. I've finished the review, but will go back in about two weeks to clean something up - gonna get that fixed.

Evidently, MST (ryuzoh's company) will be taking orders from June. 

May 6, 2010 at 12:00 PM Post #441 of 668

Quote:
nope, I think spud might've been the last person out of us to hear from him, unless Jon has.  

I just heard from him yesterday - I have finished my review, and will be posting it soon - I would have it up already, except I am still figuring out the new Head-fi...

May 6, 2010 at 12:23 PM Post #442 of 668
yeah I havent even tried to contact him really since he was sick, so its not like hes been ignoring my emails. I do think he needs to pick up his game there a bit though, because there has been quite a bit of interest for this amp, not slim big, because you have to be comitted to carry this sort of rig, but from those that are, and those of my friends who have heard it, there is interest to say the least. interested to read your review skylab,since you also know the sound of lisa III very well, will bve interesting to see if you share my sentiments. not that there is likely too much similarity between our two amps at this stage.

any news on the balanced dac/amp unit?

May 6, 2010 at 12:50 PM Post #443 of 668
I was very favorably impressed with the fi.Quest - it's right up there at the very pinnacle of battery-powered amps.  I will post the full review very soon - but it will be very positive :wink:

May 7, 2010 at 11:01 AM Post #444 of 668

Quote:
By the way, I've been testing the prototypes for the next, smaller version, and all I can say is: hell yeah; Ryuzoh has done a very good job with both versions. I've finished the review, but will go back in about two weeks to clean something up - gonna get that fixed.

Evidently, MST (ryuzoh's company) will be taking orders from June. 

OK. My wallet look like it thick enough to that the damage again.
ksc75smile.gif

May 7, 2010 at 11:49 AM Post #445 of 668
My review is up, FWIW:  http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/214588/review-portable-amp-roundup-37-portable-amps-reviewed-and-compared/2685#post_6614209

May 7, 2010 at 2:07 PM Post #447 of 668

Quote:
Great review Skylab.

Didn't notice a P3+ in your ranking though? This is a serious little amp with the correct chipset......

Thanks! Have not had a go at the P3+ yet.

May 16, 2010 at 12:03 PM Post #449 of 668
I emailed iBasso yesterday asking for when the balanced DAC and balanced amp will be released. They replied back with June, next month. The balanced DAC has only balanced output but the amp has both balanced and single-ended out. Has anyone here listened to the prototypes of these two?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back