Ibasso DX80
Nov 2, 2015 at 3:05 PM Post #571 of 1,208

Come on, it's been 5 hours already.............   didn't you just go straight back home ?  
biggrin.gif

looks like jamato has one as well and started different topic for impressions and reviews on dx80: http://www.head-fi.org/t/786443/ibasso-dx80-impressions-and-reviews

Jamato always gets first-dibs (outside of China) on iBasso gear
wink.gif

Interested to see where the DX80 lies, in the general SQ scheme of things, considering the reasonable price-point, and curious proximity to the DX90....

Here you guys!

That will get you started: http://www.head-fi.org/t/786443/ibasso-dx80-impressions-and-reviews#post_12044606

Nov 2, 2015 at 4:24 PM Post #572 of 1,208
  I might have had a visit from DHL today. 
wink_face.gif
 I wonder what it might be if DHL 'did' come...

i had one visit too , but work is a bitch 
tongue.gif

oh well , at least gives me something to wait for tomorrow

cool initiative , Ibasso 
beerchug.gif

Nov 3, 2015 at 4:47 AM Post #575 of 1,208
  On FiiO's Facebook page, it says it's native DSD.

You mean iBasso? :D

DoP is what allows DSD files to be outputted digitally to a supporting DAC which accepts DSD files. I was hoping to use the DX80 to feed chord hugo, I really don't need a DAD that plays DSD but something to allows DSD out digitally. DX80 looks perfect, dual microSD and coaxial out, great UI. 

Nov 3, 2015 at 5:27 AM Post #576 of 1,208
  You mean iBasso? :D

DoP is what allows DSD files to be outputted digitally to a supporting DAC which accepts DSD files. I was hoping to use the DX80 to feed chord hugo, I really don't need a DAD that plays DSD but something to allows DSD out digitally. DX80 looks perfect, dual microSD and coaxial out, great UI. 

LOL! failed miserably there, my bad.
I am looking for the same thing for my Hugo as well. I'm getting a unit by the 11th to hook up to my Hugo so I'll be looking forward to that!
Cheers.

P.S.
I'm probably going to demo the DX80, Mojo and the X7 this weekend but I'm pretty sure I'll go for the DX80 since I like the iBasso house-sound.

Nov 3, 2015 at 5:42 AM Post #577 of 1,208
  LOL! failed miserably there, my bad.
I am looking for the same thing for my Hugo as well. I'm getting a unit by the 11th to hook up to my Hugo so I'll be looking forward to that!
Cheers.

P.S.
I'm probably going to demo the DX80, Mojo and the X7 this weekend but I'm pretty sure I'll go for the DX80 since I like the iBasso house-sound.

DX80 to me looks much more pleasing however it is larger than X7. I look forward to your finding, DX80 looks too good, I hope it proves to be it.

Imagine a dual 200GB micro SD, what more one can ask for?

Nov 3, 2015 at 10:41 AM Post #578 of 1,208
I'm also on the fence for the DX80 to replace my DX90 on the Hugo...
Improved battery life, an extra micro sd slot and the option to choose between optical and coaxial as well => sounds promising
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 3, 2015 at 10:50 AM Post #580 of 1,208
  I'm also on the fence for the DX80 to replace my DX90 on the Hugo...
Improved battery life, an extra micro sd slot and the option to choose between optical and coaxial as well => sounds promising
smily_headphones1.gif

Yep. With the additional features and improved battery life I wouldn't care if it sounded exactly the same as DX90.

i had dx90 until 1 month ago and i just got dx80 , will let you guys know how it sounds

i am also thinking something else as well , will pm you about it

cheers

Nov 3, 2015 at 11:49 AM Post #581 of 1,208
  DX80 to me looks much more pleasing however it is larger than X7. I look forward to your finding, DX80 looks too good, I hope it proves to be it.

It isn't larger than the X7 it is smaller. Same width, about the same thickness and 1cm shorter than the X7. 

Nov 3, 2015 at 1:17 PM Post #584 of 1,208

512GB micro SD cards. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back