iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW FW: 1.6.0 ** link . . 1st page . . .
Nov 2, 2016 at 4:24 AM Post #5,761 of 6,795
  After i charge to 100% and leave it 'off' for one-two days - i find my DX80 with 70-80% and need to charge it again.
I tested how long this dap out of the box can play flac with my UE900 - 10.5 hours. Now its only 7 hours. 3 months of use.
Maybe this is due to using DX80 as a PC DAC, because of continuous charging from USB?
Can battery capacity be reduced as a consequence of continous charging in theory?

Not specific to the DX80, but any device which has a lithium-ion or lithium-polymer battery (which the DX80 has): http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/gadgets/how-to/a7432/why-your-gadgets-batteries-degrade-over-time-6705747/. In short, continuous charging probably doesn't help, but these kind of batteries degrade over time anyway.

Nov 2, 2016 at 7:10 PM Post #5,762 of 6,795
  After i charge to 100% and leave it 'off' for one-two days - i find my DX80 with 70-80% and need to charge it again.
I tested how long this dap out of the box can play flac with my UE900 - 10.5 hours. Now its only 7 hours. 3 months of use.
Maybe this is due to using DX80 as a PC DAC, because of continuous charging from USB?
Can battery capacity be reduced as a consequence of continous charging in theory?

Can someone confirm DX80 still has 9-10hours after 3-6 month of use?

Mine lasts me about that long and I've had it for about a year now.

Nov 3, 2016 at 10:18 AM Post #5,763 of 6,795
  How do I add songs to a playlist? I can't find anything specific to  this in the manual. I tried pressing the + when a song is playing & then selecting the playlist that appeared on the next screen. When I exit the now playing screen & return to  My music screen I click playlists, Then select Playlist 1 & the screen is blank. If I long press the Playlist 1 Icon & then press play, the last song I was playing starts. I am stumped!!??  Help, please.
kev

I hadn't tried out the playlist functionality till just now...  gotta say, it's a bit clunky! I don't think I did anything different to you though: started by going into My Music/Playlist, clicking + to add a couple of new playlists (Playlist1 and Playlist2), then went to Now Playing and selected + from the drop-down menu, and selected Playlist2. When I went back to My Music/Playlist, and selected Playlist2, the song I added appeared in the playlist. To delete a playlist, hold down the playlist icon and a trash can icon appears.

Some issues I found with the playlist functionality. Unless I'm missing something, you can't:

a) Name or rename playlists (not a biggie.)
b) Remove tracks from a playlist (when I clicked on the the trash can next to + in the drop-down menu, it removed the track from my device rather than the playlist!)
c) Add a track to a playlist without going through the Now Playing screen and drop-down menu.

Nov 3, 2016 at 5:14 PM Post #5,766 of 6,795
For kicks, I've been writing down the percent battery remaining and keeping a running stopwatch of play time. Not convenient to post a graph, but the drain is reasonably linear, losing about 9% per hour. Pretty much exactly what the spec says to expect. Recent usage has been a mix of FLAC music listened to through Westone W30s, and mp3s of podcasts playing to a Bluetooth transmitter doodad on line out (no flames, please).

I will keep up with the data collection through a few recharge cycles, and will eventually post a graph.

One thing I've already noticed, now that I'm writing things down---sometimes I stop listening and turn the machine off at, say, 43%. But when I turn it back on, it says 46%. And in the graph, 46% fits the long-term curve, but 43% looks like an outlier. I think the machine gets warm, and that "tricks" the battery into thinking its more depleted than it really is. Not a big deal, but sort-of interesting.

More to come.

Nov 3, 2016 at 7:17 PM Post #5,768 of 6,795
  separate the battery they don't sell?

No.  You would need to send the DX 80 Ibasso for a battery replacement.  It is not user replaceable therefor they only replace themselves.  They do not want users doing it themselves nor unauthorized repairmen doing it either.  Ibasso will not sell you an extra battery.  Hope this helps.  Good luck and happy listening!

Nov 3, 2016 at 8:05 PM Post #5,770 of 6,795

No.  You would need to send the DX 80 Ibasso for a battery replacement.  It is not user replaceable therefor they only replace themselves.  They do not want users doing it themselves nor unauthorized repairmen doing it either.  Ibasso will not sell you an extra battery.  Hope this helps.  Good luck and happy listening!

To clarify:  Ibasso will sell you a battery if the device is out of warranty or bought from an unauthorized dealer like ebay or Amazon, but you would need to send your device to Ibasso in China for them to replace the battery.  They will not sell you an extra battery to install yourself or to have somebody that is not Ibasso install the battery.

Nov 3, 2016 at 9:05 PM Post #5,773 of 6,795
  Do you know what kind of battery it is? Google Nexus 5 and Ipod batteries are "not replaceable" either but I you can buy them on eBay and I replaced a few without any issues. 

Sorry.  I do not have that info.  Hopefully somebody can chime in that does.  It does void the warranty and could be a problem if you were to run into a problem with the player.

Nov 4, 2016 at 4:57 AM Post #5,774 of 6,795
  Do you know what kind of battery it is?

Here is my picture of disassembled DX80. You may see there the battery is labeled as 605083, 3.8V. The number means 6mm by 50mm by 83mm HxWxL. Also, you can see there is not enough room for any bigger cell. You may try to find something close in size. 3.7V is more easy to find and should work as well, but you'll have less capacity. If you find a cell w/o a controller board, it can be taken and soldered from the original battery.

All at your own risk without any warranty, neither expressed nor implied, of course
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back