iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW FW: 1.6.0 ** link . . 1st page . . .
Oct 26, 2016 at 9:06 AM Post #5,734 of 6,795
  I should receive my DX80 in a few hours. For people using Ibasso IT03, which firmware and digital filter do you use? I know it's subjective but i'd like to have some opinions, thank you

The latest one 1.5.8 is very nice - full, rich and dynamic. If you wanted a more neutral signature the 1.3.3 might be better
Personally i always use sharp roll off and low gain
I would stay away from 'lighter, brighter fw's :)

Oct 26, 2016 at 10:41 AM Post #5,737 of 6,795
  Are these just subjective differences, or are there confirmed sonic differences between firmwares?

As sn audio engineer, for me some of the differences are quite big although in different ways [not saying im better or have better ears in anyway but...]
There are many different aspects to audio and how it is not just heard but experienced.
Maybe for the average listener some of these differences may not be so obvious.
It depends on how you listen - I tend to listen to the audio more than the music!
Anyway, there are hundreds of comments here regarding the various qualities and differences between FW's 

Subjective and objective are dependant related  but I know what you are saying :wink:

Oct 27, 2016 at 1:27 AM Post #5,739 of 6,795
Interestingly, I think Ibasso threads are the only places where people discuss "differences in sound" between firmware versions. I am certainly not deaf, but I have to say that I never noted differences myself on mine DX50 and DX90. Maybe because I was so peeved with host of new problems in functionality that each new firmware introduced.Then again, if that's what other people experience so be it.

Oct 27, 2016 at 5:53 AM Post #5,740 of 6,795
When I had my DX90 almost 2 years ago, I could hear differences between each firmware, and loved some firmware (2.1.5 AND for example) and hated some others firmware (2.1.8).

At least you have more choices to have the best synergy, but it is always better to have the latest firmware (in regards to the bugs solved)

Oct 27, 2016 at 8:41 AM Post #5,741 of 6,795
  Interestingly, I think Ibasso threads are the only places where people discuss "differences in sound" between firmware versions.

Same in Fiio threads, and, moreover, QLS officially produces different firmware versions for the purpose of different sound signatures.

Oct 27, 2016 at 5:03 PM Post #5,744 of 6,795
After 5 hours of continuing use (with the burn in cable), the battery shows 65%, that's pretty good

I will post my first impressions soon. In the past I had a DX90 and a Jr and will compare the DX80 to them

Oct 27, 2016 at 9:40 PM Post #5,745 of 6,795
  what you say about the battery?
I want to buy one for myself but I don't want a fake.

My battery has been going strong for at least a year. I'd say just order directly from iBasso and you'll get the best possible product. Shipping isn't even that long from China.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back