iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW FW: 1.6.0 ** link . . 1st page . . .
Oct 29, 2016 at 7:18 PM Post #5,748 of 6,795
Has anyone had USB connection issues? My DX80 keeps loosing connection in USB and DAC modes. In iBassoAudio Control Panel I see it flickering in and out of connection. Sometimes it'll be fine for a few seconds, but usually it shows and disappears many times per second and the USB device connected beep sounds constantly.

First I thought it was the USB port on the player or PC or a faulty cable, but there is no problem when I tried it on another computer. Reinstalled iBasso software and drivers but no change.

Any ideas? Might've coincided with 1.5.8, but no sure. Some kind of driver problem due to some other drivers installed maybe?

Thanks for any help!

Oct 29, 2016 at 8:32 PM Post #5,749 of 6,795
  Has anyone had USB connection issues? My DX80 keeps loosing connection in USB and DAC modes. In iBassoAudio Control Panel I see it flickering in and out of connection. Sometimes it'll be fine for a few seconds, but usually it shows and disappears many times per second and the USB device connected beep sounds constantly.

First I thought it was the USB port on the player or PC or a faulty cable, but there is no problem when I tried it on another computer. Reinstalled iBasso software and drivers but no change.

Any ideas? Might've coincided with 1.5.8, but no sure. Some kind of driver problem due to some other drivers installed maybe?

Thanks for any help!

If it works on another computer, it sounds like it could be USB power management on your computer. USB power can cause havoc on many devices. If you have a powered USB hub you can try isolationg your DX80 from the computer with that, or you can try playing with the USB power settings to see if one of them is screwing with it.

Oct 30, 2016 at 10:39 AM Post #5,750 of 6,795
I just got my DX80 a few days ago. First impressions are very positive. Excellent SQ, the amp section is solid, the UI clean and intuitive and the styling / build quality first rate. I bought the DX80 as a direct replacement for my iPod Classic - naturally it beats this in all departments, except maybe UI but even that's a lot better than I expected.

My only slight niggle (and I don't know if there's any way around this) is the shuffle mode. As far as I can tell, if you want to put your whole library on shuffle, you have to set play mode to shuffle, then go to 'All Songs', play the first song listed and then skip to next track for it to begin shuffling. With the iPod, when you selected 'Shuffle Songs', it automatically picked a random track and started playing. I've also noticed that the 'skip track' button occasionally starts playing the track it's on from the beginning rather than actually skipping to the next track. Maybe a firmware issue.

Overall, an excellent device; really happy with the purchase and after years of the iPod being my one concession, glad to be completely Apple-free. 
biggrin.gif

Oct 30, 2016 at 11:39 AM Post #5,751 of 6,795
  I just got my DX80 a few days ago. First impressions are very positive. Excellent SQ, the amp section is solid, the UI clean and intuitive and the styling / build quality first rate. I bought the DX80 as a direct replacement for my iPod Classic - naturally it beats this in all departments, except maybe UI but even that's a lot better than I expected.

My only slight niggle (and I don't know if there's any way around this) is the shuffle mode. As far as I can tell, if you want to put your whole library on shuffle, you have to set play mode to shuffle, then go to 'All Songs', play the first song listed and then skip to next track for it to begin shuffling. With the iPod, when you selected 'Shuffle Songs', it automatically picked a random track and started playing. I've also noticed that the 'skip track' button occasionally starts playing the track it's on from the beginning rather than actually skipping to the next track. Maybe a firmware issue.

Overall, an excellent device; really happy with the purchase and after years of the iPod being my one concession, glad to be completely Apple-free. 
biggrin.gif

you don't have to turn on shuffle first...you could just play all songs, and then turn on shuffle (this can be done either with the drop down panel, or directly on the Now Playing screen).

But no, it still won't be quite as simple as on the iDevices

Oct 31, 2016 at 6:18 PM Post #5,752 of 6,795
Just received my second DX80, first unit had a very slightly damaged corner so I sent it for RMA. Received a new one, this time I have problems with the Micro USB port which seems to be badly aligned with the shell and I can´t close the rubber cap without unplugging the Micro SD cards, probably due to bad alignment also. Has anyone had this sort of problem? I feel like the seller is gonna go crazy on me for returning the item twice. Paul - iBasso did this issue happen before?

Oct 31, 2016 at 7:14 PM Post #5,754 of 6,795
How do I add songs to a playlist? I can't find anything specific to  this in the manual. I tried pressing the + when a song is playing & then selecting the playlist that appeared on the next screen. When I exit the now playing screen & return to  My music screen I click playlists, Then select Playlist 1 & the screen is blank. If I long press the Playlist 1 Icon & then press play, the last song I was playing starts. I am stumped!!??  Help, please.
kev

Oct 31, 2016 at 7:29 PM Post #5,755 of 6,795
  Just received my second DX80, first unit had a very slightly damaged corner so I sent it for RMA. Received a new one, this time I have problems with the Micro USB port which seems to be badly aligned with the shell and I can´t close the rubber cap without unplugging the Micro SD cards, probably due to bad alignment also. Has anyone had this sort of problem? I feel like the seller is gonna go crazy on me for returning the item twice. Paul - iBasso did this issue happen before?

mine has the EXACT same issues. I'm rather disappointed

Nov 1, 2016 at 3:29 PM Post #5,757 of 6,795
  Already mentioned that when playing back an .iso file (DSD) the EQ and the filters don't work? (FW 158)

Neither EQ works with DSD in other formats, due to Direct DSD playback. It is not possible to EQ the DSD stream without converting it to PCM first.

Digital filter settings are not applicable to DSD because DF is a part of a DAC that converts PCM into DSD-like stream, and direct DSD stream, obviously, bypasses this step.

Nov 2, 2016 at 1:51 AM Post #5,759 of 6,795
After i charge to 100% and leave it 'off' for one-two days - i find my DX80 with 70-80% and need to charge it again.
I tested how long this dap out of the box can play flac with my UE900 - 10.5 hours. Now its only 7 hours. 3 months of use.
Maybe this is due to using DX80 as a PC DAC, because of continuous charging from USB?
Can battery capacity be reduced as a consequence of continous charging in theory?

Can someone confirm DX80 still has 9-10hours after 3-6 month of use?

Nov 2, 2016 at 3:06 AM Post #5,760 of 6,795
Does the DX 80 support M3U8 playlists or only M3U.  I have all of mine in M3U8 for my Fiio X5 Classic and I really do not want to to reformat them again.  I am also not very fluent in creating compatible playlists.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back