iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW FW: 1.6.0 ** link . . 1st page . . .
Jul 14, 2016 at 4:16 AM Post #5,026 of 6,795
I tried new FW last night. First card scanned fine, second stops at 95%. Have cleaned tags so will investigate further. Suspect it may be some rogue files on the card somewhere. I reloaded FW 1.3.3 which is not as sensitive and the second card scans fine ln that.

Jul 14, 2016 at 5:10 AM Post #5,027 of 6,795
I tried new FW last night. First card scanned fine, second stops at 95%. Have cleaned tags so will investigate further. Suspect it may be some rogue files on the card somewhere. I reloaded FW 1.3.3 which is not as sensitive and the second card scans fine ln that.

how do you like the sound! 
beerchug.gif

Jul 14, 2016 at 5:18 AM Post #5,028 of 6,795
Hi, until the player works with all my files I will not try it for listening. If it doesn't work I will have to stay on FW 1.3.3 so the sound of the new FW then will not matter. I hope I can sort it over the weekend. Thanks.

Jul 14, 2016 at 5:21 AM Post #5,029 of 6,795
Hi, until the player works with all my files I will not try it for listening. If it doesn't work I will have to stay on FW 1.3.3 so the sound of the new FW then will not matter. I hope I can sort it over the weekend. Thanks.

but in my case, 1.3.3 cut short some of my artists tags

Jul 14, 2016 at 10:02 AM Post #5,031 of 6,795
  Just a random comment from a random guy (<- that's me) (with a cleanly tagged music library) who hasn't faced any problems since the 2nd or 3rd DX80 firmware update passing through. 
etysmile.gif

I remember those days too. I was so pleased to not have any issues, wondering why so many people were having all these problems. Those were good times. Lasted for weeks and then all the troubles started. I honestly wish you many months of good use. Its a good player but overall there is no dap worth the aggravation that a lot of us are having.

Jul 14, 2016 at 10:46 AM Post #5,032 of 6,795
Liking the sound of the new firmware, only noticed one thing whilst playing AC/DC Back in Black album track 2 Shoot to Thrill just stops mid way through and screen goes blank. This album always played fine on previous firmware. I will listen to some more music after removing this album and see what happens

Jul 14, 2016 at 12:00 PM Post #5,033 of 6,795
  Liking the sound of the new firmware, only noticed one thing whilst playing AC/DC Back in Black album track 2 Shoot to Thrill just stops mid way through and screen goes blank. This album always played fine on previous firmware. I will listen to some more music after removing this album and see what happens

must listen ac dc with jh rosie
tongue_smile.gif

Jul 14, 2016 at 12:19 PM Post #5,034 of 6,795

I had a similar issue. After listening for 15 minutes with 1.5.2 I had the player just stop playing in the middle of a MP3 track. When I turned the screen on, I saw that the player had rewound back to the beginning of the song and just stopped.  Hmm, have to see if this is going to be recurring or not.

Jul 14, 2016 at 12:20 PM Post #5,035 of 6,795
The issues with 1.4.2 failing to scan a lot of files on the cards are worse than I initially believed.  I am going to downgrade when I actually get the time, but I do hope there is new firmware on the way which fixes the issue.

Jul 14, 2016 at 1:41 PM Post #5,038 of 6,795
  The issues with 1.4.2 failing to scan a lot of files on the cards are worse than I initially believed.  I am going to downgrade when I actually get the time, but I do hope there is new firmware on the way which fixes the issue.

1.5.2 came out yesterday; have you tried it yet?

Jul 14, 2016 at 8:15 PM Post #5,039 of 6,795
There are hardly any faults with 1.5.2 if proper tagging is being done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back