iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW FW: 1.6.0 ** link . . 1st page . . .
Mar 3, 2016 at 2:04 PM Post #3,076 of 6,795
And also in terms of dynamics/"synergy", I never felt the need for further amplification with the DX80.

Pardon me if I have missed one of your earlier posts, but can you elaborate in just one phrase on the SQ and, in general, the user experience coming from this "killer" combination? Thank you!

Mar 3, 2016 at 5:58 PM Post #3,080 of 6,795
Just had some listen to my brand new dx80, loaded fw 1.3.3 Lurker0, but there must be something wrong: the background noise is way too loud, I tried playing an empty file and when you hit play the amount of floor noise is untolerable, plus there is a lot of hiss, more on high gain than low. My previous dx90 was totally silent in comparison! At very low level, say 3, I hear almist only noise!
I use hifiman re600-s iems.
I tried line out and it is totally silent, as it should be! Please help!

Mar 3, 2016 at 6:47 PM Post #3,081 of 6,795
Just had some listen to my brand new dx80, loaded fw 1.3.3 Lurker0, but there must be something wrong: the background noise is way too loud, I tried playing an empty file and when you hit play the amount of floor noise is untolerable, plus there is a lot of hiss, more on high gain than low. My previous dx90 was totally silent in comparison! At very low level, say 3, I hear almist only noise!

Very sorry. It should not be. I think you need to address with this problem to the manufacturer.

Mar 3, 2016 at 7:15 PM Post #3,082 of 6,795

Did you try a factory reset and how was it with the stock FW? Is it equal in both channels? 

Mar 3, 2016 at 7:51 PM Post #3,083 of 6,795
Question to the ones who use this LO, does this "pop" when switching songs or when different bit rate changes?

Lo firmware still has pops, thuds, clicks when bit rate changes.. But much less thank stock fws, I use dx80 as a transport for. Mojo, but the clicks and pops are not entirely gone... And from what I hear.... Never will.

A smartphone never has clicked or popped, I'm trying to find one thr size of the dx80 but I can't find them quite thst narrow. So thr dx80 stays

Mar 3, 2016 at 8:58 PM Post #3,084 of 6,795

i would try installing the newest FW, 1.3.3 from ibasso, and do a factory reset after the FW install.

Mar 3, 2016 at 11:22 PM Post #3,087 of 6,795
I installed stock fw 1.3.3. ,but nothing changes. On high gain and max volume the hiss is on pair with an old cassette walkman. On low gain things and lower volumes, below 135 things get better, anyway the worst thungbis background noise. When you're paused and push play, the first milliseconds before track actually begins playing, I hear this noise.I can assure you my Samsung s4mini has lower hiss and much lowe background.Even my old Cowon I7 has lowe bg noise.
As said before, switching to higher ohm and less sensible headphones solves the problem.
If anyone else has re600-s, I'd like to know how your dx80 behaves
Thanks

Mar 4, 2016 at 12:23 AM Post #3,088 of 6,795
I installed stock fw 1.3.3. ,but nothing changes. On high gain and max volume the hiss is on pair with an old cassette walkman. On low gain things and lower volumes, below 135 things get better, anyway the worst thungbis background noise. When you're paused and push play, the first milliseconds before track actually begins playing, I hear this noise.I can assure you my Samsung s4mini has lower hiss and much lowe background.Even my old Cowon I7 has lowe bg noise.
As said before, switching to higher ohm and less sensible headphones solves the problem.
If anyone else has re600-s, I'd like to know how your dx80 behaves
Thanks

I have the RE 600 and I don't get any hiss. But I don't move the volume to max as there is no reason to but as I understand it, you are getting hiss at a normal volume setting. I just plugged in some super sensitive IEM's that are also tilted up in the higher frequencies and they have no hiss. I would get it exchanged. 

Mar 4, 2016 at 12:27 AM Post #3,089 of 6,795
I tried a silence test track to spot for hiss, which is untolerable over 135 volume, but here the main probkem is bg noise, that you can clearly hear at volume 2!
I just retried with philips 32 ohm cheap headpjones, and no bg noise at all and almost no hiss below 146.
Also on old yuin pk2 I get no bg noise, just a small amountbof hiss.
I will contact dealer today.

Mar 4, 2016 at 1:10 AM Post #3,090 of 6,795
  @H20Fidelity how do you like your A83's with the DX80?

They sound very good together, that slight thickness in DX80's mids helps grind out meaty detail, especially vocals. There's a slight amount of warmth which helps against some of A83's long listening fatigue. I won't say its my best combination because that goes to one on of the Tralucent hybrids but its a great sound in itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back